West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam 2021 (WBJEE 2021) is a state level entrance exam to be conducted by WBJEE board. After Qualifying this exam candidates will be able to get admission in various state government and self financed institutes/universities across the state of West Bengal. Numerous undergraduate engineering, pharmacy and architecture courses are offered through this exam. In this article, candidates will get all details about WBJEE 2021.
WBJEE 2021 Exam Schedule
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|The release of online application form||3rd week of December 2020|
|Last date to submit application form and fees||3rd week of January 2021|
|Correction window will be available from||Last week of January 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||2nd week of April 2021|
|Date of examination||4th week of April 2021|
|Publication of result||1st week of June 2021|
|Start of counseling||Last week of June 2021|
WBJEE Application form 2021
- The WBJEE 2021 application form will be available in the online mode.
- The online form submission will start from the 3rd week of December 2020 tentatively.
- The last date of online form submission is expected to be in the 3rd week of January 2021.
- While filling the application form candidates have to upload their scanned photograph and signature.
- A confirmation page will be generated after the submission of application form.
WBJEE 2021 Application fee
- The WBJEE 2021 application fee will be Rs 500/- to be paid online or in cash mode through Allahabad Bank e-challan.
WBJEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must an Indian citizen.
- The candidate’s age should not be more than 17 years on 31.12.2021. There is no provision for an upper age limit. However, a candidate should not be more than 25 years old in order to get admission to Marine Engineering course.
- The candidates appearing for 10+2 exam can also apply.
Academic criteria for Engineering Courses
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- The candidate must have studied physics and Maths in class 12th along with any one of Biology/Biotech/chemistry/computer science subjects. The applicant must be passed in all three subjects individually.
- The minimum marks required for qualifying exam are 45% (40% for reserved categories).
- Applicant must have passed English in the class 12th
Academic Qualification for Pharmacy Courses
- The candidate must be a 12th passed for any recognized board.
- The candidate must have studied physics and chemistry in 12thclass along with any one of the Mathematics/Biotech/Biology subjects. The applicant must be passed in all three subjects individually.
- A minimum of 45% marks is mandatory in three subjects mentioned above.
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2021
|Mode of Examination||Offline (OMR sheet Mode)|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours|
|Types of Questions to be asked||MCQ (objective types)|
|Negative Marking||In category 1 and 2 – ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
In category 3 – No negative marking.
|Subjects||Category-1||Category-2||Category-3||Total Questions to be asked||Maximum Marks|
|1 Mark||2 Marks||2 Marks|
|No. of Questions|
WBJEE 2021 Admit Card
Applicants will be able to download the WBJEE 2021 online from the official website. It is mandatory for every student to carry one photo identity proof such as voter card/ 10th standard admit card/ School-ID card/Aadhar card/ Pan card/ Passport along with the admit card at the examination centre.
WBJEE 2021 Result
WBJEE 2021 result will be released in the first week of June 2021 tentatively. A rank card will also be published along with the result. It will contain the category wise rank of a candidate. Admission to all the courses will be given on the basis of this rank only.
WBJEE Counselling 2021
The counseling will be held online in order to allot seats to the qualified candidates after the result declaration. The seat allotment will be done solely on the basis of candidates rank and availability of seats. Candidates have to bring in their original document for verification at the counseling center.