The Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences which was formerly known as the UP rural institute of Medical Science and Research is a medical research university situated at Safai, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh. The university offers a large number of UG and PG courses in the field of medical and paramedical Sciences.
For paramedical and nursing courses the Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Admission 2022 will be granted on the basis of CPNET 2022 exam that will be conducted by the university. For rest of the courses the admission will be granted on the basis of NEET 2022 exam. In this article, we will discuss complete details about Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Admission 2022 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application form etc.
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Science Admission 2022 Dates
The tentative dates for Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Admission 2022 are given in the table below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online Application form submission (CPNET)||1st week of June 2022|
|Last date to submit online application form||1st week of July 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||4th week of July 2022|
|Release of Answer Keys||1st week of August 2022|
|Publication of result||1st week of August 2022|
|Online Application form for scrutiny of result||1st week of August 2022|
|Declaration of Merit||2nd week of August 2022|
|Counselling||To be published along with the merit list|
Note: The candidates aspiring for MBBS or MD admission should follow the NEET UG and NEET PG schedule.
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Science Eligibility Criteria 2022
The eligibility criteria for Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Admission 2022 are given below:
- For admission through CPNET, the applicant must be a native of Uttar Pradesh i.e. must have a domicile of Uttar Pradesh.
- The applicant who has passed high school and intermediate from the state of Uttar Pradesh do not requires a domicile of UP.
- The age of a candidate should be at least 17 years as on 31st December 2022.
- For GNM and ANM courses, the age of an applicant should not be more than 35 years as on 31st December 2022. (Only female candidates may apply for ANM Course)
The educational qualification required for Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Admission 2022 is described in the table given below:
|Name of Course||Educational Qualification|
|Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT)||Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent with PCB and must have obtained at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates)|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)|
|Bachelor of Science in Radiological Imaging Techniques|
|Bachelor of Optometry|
|B.SC (Nursing)||Must have passed Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent with PCB and English. Candidate Should pass in each subject with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST candidates)|
|Diploma in general nursing and midwifery (GNM)||10+2 with English along with a minimum of 40% marks|
|Diploma in auxiliary nurse midwifery (ANM)||Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam|
|D.O.T, D.P.T, D.D.T, D.C.T. Scan , DCT, DMRI, DETCT, D.B.T||Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology subject|
The candidates going to appear in the qualifying exam in the year 2022 can also apply.
Note: The eligibility criteria mentioned here is for the candidates looking for an admission through CPNET exam. For MBBS and MD courses the applicants should follow the eligibility criteria for NEET UG and NEET PG exam respectively.
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Application Form 2022
The application form for Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Admission 2022 will be filled and submitted through the official website i.e. www.upums.ac.in. We will also update a direct link to fill the application form on this page when available. The candidates have to provide all the necessary educational, personal and contact details in the application form.
After entering the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned copy of recent passport size photograph and signature on the application form. The passport size photo must have the name of candidate and date of photograph being captured mentioned on it. The application form will not be considered complete unless the candidate pays the prescribed application fee.
The application fee for Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Admission 2021 is mentioned in the table given below:
|General and OBC Candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC and ST Candidate||Rs. 500/-|
Note: The application fee mentioned above is for the courses in which admission will be granted through the CPNET exam
Mode of Payment
- The Application Fee will be paid only via online mode using a credit/debit card or Internet Banking.
- The application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Exam Pattern 2022
The admission to MBBS and MD courses will be given on the basis of NEET exam. For paramedical and nursing courses the university will conduct CPNET exam whose pattern is given below:
- Mode of Exam: Offline (OMR Sheet Based)
- Paper in Exam: The exam will be divided into two papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2
- Duration of Exam: 2 Hours
- Number of Question: 100 in each paper
- Type of Questions: Only multiple choice questions will be asked.
- Language of Exam: The questions will be asked in both Hindi and English language
Subject wise exam Pattern
|Paper||Subject||Number of Questions|
|Paper 1(only of Science students)||Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology||Physics – 33
Chemistry – 33
Maths – 34
|Paper 2 (For Arts/Commerce/other)||General Hindi, General English, General Studies||General Hindi – 20
General English – 20
General Studies – 60
Note: Paper 2 will be conducted for ANM and GNM courses only.
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Admit Card 2022
The admit card will be released only in online mode through the official website. The Candidates have to enter their login id in order to download the admit card. Please note that the admit card will not be sent by post. It will be mandatory for every candidate to carry an admit card at the examination center. No candidate will be permitted to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
In case any candidate lost his/her admit card after the exam then he/she can get a duplicate copy by paying an amount of Rs. 350/-
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Result 2022
The result of CPNET exam as well as the merit list of the candidates shortlisted for Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences admission 2022 will be published on the official website of the university. Before the declaration of final result the university will also publish the answer keys so that applicants may match their answers with the correct ones.
The candidates will be allowed to request for a scrutiny of the result then only the merit list will be published. The fee for scrutiny will be Rs. 500/-
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Counseling 2022
- After the declaration of merit list, the schedule for counselling will be released on the official website.
- The schedule for counseling will also be made available via newspapers.
- The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of merit.
- The Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences admission 2021 will be confirmed only after the verification of documents and payment of counseling & security fees.
- For admission through CPNET, the counseling fee with Rs. 500/- and security fees will be Rs. 5000/-
- The counseling and security fees will be paid via Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of “Finance Officer Paramedical A/c UPUMS” payable at Saifai.
Document required at the time of CPNET Counseling
- CPNET Admit Card
- Copy of Merit List and Result
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card
- High school certificate and marks sheet
- 10+2 certificate and Marks sheet
- 2 Photograph (Similar to that upload in the application form)
- Domicile of Uttar Pradesh
- Category certificate in original (If Applicable)
- Certificate of sub category (If Applicable)
- Draft of Rs. 5000/-