Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will invite applications from the eligible candidates for its combined Medical Services (CMS) exam conducted in order to recruit medical officers in different departments of central government like railways, ordinance factory etc. It is expected that the UPSC CMS 2022 application form may be released on April 2022. The mode of application will be online and the aspirants have to submit the online application form before the last date.
In this article, we will discuss complete details about UPSC CMS 2022 exam such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern etc.
Important Dates for UPSC CMS 2022
The official schedule for UPSC CMS 2022 exam is given in the table below. We have updated the schedule according to UPSC calendar 2022:
|Important Events||Respective Dates|
|Release of official Notification||April 2022|
|Starting of online application form submission||April 2022|
|Last date to submit application form||May 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||1st week of July 2022|
|Date of UPSC CMS 2022 Exam||July 2022|
|Announcement of Result||September/October 2022|
UPSC CMS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for UPSC CMS 2022 will be as follows:
The candidate must have any of the following nationality in order to be eligible for UPSC CMS 2022 exam.
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India with an intention to get permanently settled here before 1st January 1962
- An Indian origin person migrated from any of the following nations: Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, East African Countries of Kenya, Zambia, Zaire, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and Ethiopia with an intention of permanently settling in India.
- The age of an applicant should be less than 32 years as on 1st August 2022 i.e. applicant should not be born earlier than 2nd August, 1989.
- A relaxation of up to 5 years in upper age will be given to the candidates from SC, ST, Ex-serviceman, ECOs/SSCOs category. Similar relaxation will also be given to the candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.
- Up to 3 years relaxation in upper age will be given to the OBC candidates and Defence personnel disabled in operation.
- Up to 10 years relaxation in upper age will be given to the candidates with blindness or low vision, deafness & hard of listening and other orthopedically handicapped.
UPSC CMS 2022 Educational Qualification
- The candidate must have passed written as well as the practical parts of final MBBS exam.
- The candidates appearing in the final year exam of MBBS can also apply.
UPSC CMS Application Form 2022
The application form for UPSC CMS 2022 will be made available only in the online mode through the official website i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in. A direct link to fill the application form will also be updated on this page when available. The candidates have to provide all the required educational, personal and contact details in the application form.
After filling the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photo and signature in the application form. The application form will not be considered complete unless the candidate pays the prescribed application fee.
Note: While filling the application form, the candidates should choose the exam center very carefully. As the exam center once allotted will not be changed.
UPSC CMS Application Fee 2022
The application fee for UPSC CMS 2033 is described in the table given below:
|Male candidates from UR and OBC categories||Rs. 200/-|
|Female /SC/ ST/ PH candidates||Nil (Exempted from application fee)|
Mode of Payment
- The application fee can be paid online by using a Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or SBI Net banking.
- Interested candidates may also pay the application fee by cash at any branch of SBI using system generated pay in slip.
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2022
UPSC CMS 2022 exam will be conducted in two parts i.e. part 1 and part 2. Part 1 will be computer Based (Online) Exam while Part 2 will be a personality Test (Interview). Get more details about the exam pattern below:
Details about Part 1 and Part 2 of UPSC CMS Exam 2022 are given below:
Part 1 (Computer Based Exam)
Papers in Exam: Exam will be divided into two sections/Papers i.e. Paper 1 (General Medicine and Paediatrics) and Paper 2 (Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Preventive & Social Medicine)
Number of Questions: 120 Question will be asked in each paper
Total Marks: Each paper /section will carry 250 Marks
Duration of Exam: Each paper will be of 2 Hours
Type of Questions: Objective type MCQs will be asked.
Marking Scheme: Each Question will carry 4 marks and there will be a negative marking of 1/3 marks in case of an incorrect answer.
Subject wise Question distribution in online exam
|Paper||Subject||Number of Question|
|Paper 1||General Medicine||96|
|Gynacology & Obstetrics||40|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40|
Part 2 (Personality Test)
- This test will be conducted only for those candidates who will clear the Computer Based Test.
- The personality test will carry 100 marks
- In personality test , the candidates will be interviewed in order to determine following traits:
- Knowledge in the fields of their academic study
- General Knowledge
- Balance of judgment
- Intellectual curiosity
- Alertness of mind
- Critical powers of assimilation
- Integrity of character
- Initiative and capability for leadership
- Ability for social cohesion
UPSC CMS Admit Card 2022
The admit card will be issued to the eligible candidates through the official website of UPSC. The commission will issue the admit card 3 weeks prior to the date of UPSC CMS 2022 exam. The candidates please note that no admit card will be sent by post or by any other offline method. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
UPSC CMS Result 2022
The result of UPSC CMS 2022 exam will be declared online on the official website of UPSC. It is expected that the result of online CBT will be released around the month of September /October 2022 while the final merit will be announced in December 2022 (tentatively).
Soon after the declaration of CBT result, the successful candidates will be asked to submit the DAF (Detailed Application Form) online. After that, the candidates have to send the printout of DAF along with the following document to the UPSC.
- Certificate of Educational Qualification.
- Certificate proving Age of the candidate
- Category Certificate
- Certificate in support of the claim of age relaxation.
- Certificate in support of being Person with Benchmark Disability (if applicable)
Official website: https://upsc.gov.in/