SSC CHSL 2022: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will soon be releasing the applications for Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination (CHSL) for the post of lower division clerk, junior secretariat assistant, postal assistant, sorting assistant, and data entry operator in the different departments of the government. Candidates interested in these posts can apply for SSC CHSL 2022 by filling the online form. The form is expected to be released in the 1st week of March 2022. Before heading to the form, candidates must make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria laid by the commission for appearing in the exam. The exam will be conducted in two tiers i.e. tier-I and tier-II followed by a skill test (wherever needed). It will be held in online mode and marks will be deducted for answering incorrectly.
SSC CHSL 2022
- Candidates are advised to submit online applications on or before the due date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website due to heavy load on the website in last few hours.
- Candidates must possess a valid email id and an active mobile number for registration. Furthermore, any communication related to the exam will be carried out through these mediums only.
- The registration ID/number and password must not be shared with anyone.
- The minimum passing marks for tier-II exam is 33% i.e. a candidate must score at least 33% marks to qualify tier-II of the exam.
- Tier-III (skill test) exam will only be of qualifying in nature.
- Only male candidates are eligible for the posts in the Border Roads Organization.
- Those who are already employed in government/ government undertaking need to produce NOC from their employer.
SSC CHSL 2022 Important Dates
Check below in the table the tentative dates related to SSC CHSL 2022-
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Online application form release date||1st week of March 2022|
|Last date for application submission||Last week of April 2022|
|Release of admit card for tier I exam||June 2022|
|Date of tier I exam||1st week of July 2022 to last week of July 2022|
|Tier I result declaration||August 2022|
|Release of admit card for tier II exam||September 2022|
|Date of tier II exam||Last week of September 2022|
|Tier II result declaration||October 2022|
|Date for skill test||October 2022|
SSC CHSL 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The details of the SSC CHSL 2022 eligibility criteria are given here:
The candidates should be either of the following:
- Citizen of India, subject of Bhutan or Nepal
- Tibetan refugee, who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of settling permanently in India
The age of the candidates must fall between 18 years and 27 years as on 1st August 2022. Candidates belonging to the reserved category can claim relaxation in age as per the rules.
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): Applicants should have passed class 12th exam with science stream and mathematics as one of the subjects from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL 2022 Exam Pattern
The overview of exam pattern for SSC CHSL 2022 is given below-
- Exam mode: Online
- Duration of exam: 1 hour
- Exam medium: English and Hindi both (expect language section)
- Type of question: Objective type
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: 2 marks will be given for each correct answer
- Negative marking:5 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
- Exam mode: Offline
- Duration of exam: 1 hour
- Exam medium: English or Hindi
- Type of question: Descriptive type
- Total marks: 100
- Topics: Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator:
- Number of key depression: 2000- 2200
- Duration: 15 minutes
For Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General:
- Number of key depression: 3700- 4000
- Duration: 15 minutes
Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant:
Passage will be dictated to test the typing speed of the candidates. A speed of 35 words/ minute for English medium candidates and 30 words/ minute for Hindi medium candidates is required.
The indicative syllabus for SSC CHSL exam is as follows-
- General intelligence: Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, etc.
- English language: Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Comprehension Passage.
- Quantitative aptitude: Geometry, Number systems, Algebra, Fundamental arithmetic operations, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Statistical charts etc.
- General awareness: History, Culture, Politics, Current affairs, Environment, Person in news, Awards and Trophies, Scientific research, etc.
SSC CHSL 2022 Application Form
To apply for SSC CHSL 2022, candidates need to visit the official website of the SSC and register for the same. They require a valid email id and phone number for the registration. After successful registration, they need to note down the unique application cum registration number and login using the same details to fill the online form. The application form will ask for details such as- name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender, category, date of birth, address, educational details among others.
It is the duty of the applicants to make sure that the information provided by them is correct as incorrect details can lead to their disqualification. Applicants also need to upload their scanned signature and photograph in the form. The form must be submitted along with the necessary application fee on time otherwise it will get rejected by the authority.
Applicants are required to pay Rs. 100/- as the application fee for SSC CHSL examination. Women/SC/ST/PWD and EXSM candidates are exempted from paying the application fee. The fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan. No fee shall be refunded once the payment is successfully done.
SSC CHSL 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card of SSC CHSL 2022 will be released on the official website of SSC. No call letter shall be sent to the candidates via post or any other mode.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to download the admit card on time to avoid disappointment.
- They must carry the admit card along with a valid ID proof and two colored photographs to the exam hall otherwise they won’t be allowed to take the test.
- The call letters for different tiers will be generated separately. Tier-I call letter cannot be used for Tier-II and so on.
SSC CHSL 2022 Result & Selection Process
- Candidates can check their result by visiting the official website of SSC i.e. www.ssc.nic.in.
- The result for tier-I, tier-II and skill test will be announced separately.
- Only those candidates can appear for tier-II exam who have cleared the cutoff marks in tier-I.
- The final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in the exam.
- Selected candidates will be called for document verification and will be issued a provisional allotment letter in the different services.