Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will soon be inviting the applications for SSC CGL 2021 recruitment test through which candidates can join group “B” and group “C” posts in the different department of the government. Interested candidates need to fill the online application form for the same. The commission will most probably release the form in the 1st week of May 2021. Candidates should go through the eligibility criteria before applying for the test.
The exam will be conducted in multiple tiers. Candidates can appear for next tier only if they have qualified the previous tier of the exam. There will be a penalty for marking the incorrect answers. The duration of tier-I will be 1 hour and 2 hours for tier-II. Candidates will be selected based on their overall performance in the SSC CGL 2021 exam.
SSC CGL 2021-Highlights
- The application form for SSC CGL can only be filled online. The commission won’t be releasing printed form for submission in this regard.
- Candidates must register themselves for the exam by providing their email id and mobile number.
- Multiple application forms should be avoided at all cost. In case of multiple filling of the form, the one last submitted will be treated as a valid one.
- Candidates must not share their registration id and password with anyone.
- Once a candidate qualifies first phase, then only he/she can proceed for the next level of the exam.
The tentative dates for SSC CGL 2021 are as follows-
|Releasing of official notification||1st week of May 2021|
|Application form submission||1st week of May 2021|
|Last date to submit the form||1st week of June 2021|
|Admit card downloading for Tier-I exam||3rd week of July 2021|
|Tier-I exam date||Last week of July 2021 to 3rd week of August 2021|
|Result announcement||August 2021|
|Admit card downloading for Tier-II exam||September 2021|
|Tier-II exam date||2nd week of September 2021|
|Result declaration||October 2021|
|Tier-III exam||Last week of December 2021|
|Tier-IV exam||To be notified|
Given below is the exam pattern of SSC CGL 2021-
- Exam mode:Tier-I and II will be online exam and Tier-III will be offline one.
- Duration:1 hour for Tier-I and 120 minutes for Tier-II
- Language:English and Hindi
- Type of questions: Objective type (Tier-I and II)
- Marking scheme: 2 marks will be awarded for every correct answer in Tier-I exam
- Negative marking:5 marks will be deducted as a penalty for incorrect answer in Tier-I exam.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning||25||50|
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|English language and comprehension||200||200|
|General studies (Finance and economics)||100||200|
This level of exam comprises of essay writing/precise writing and letter/application writing. The paper carries 100 marks.
This level of test comprises of computer-based proficiency test where candidate’s basic typing skills will be tested. The level is reserved for certain posts such as Tax assistant among others.
Given below is the syllabus for SSC CGL 2021 examination-
- General intelligence and reasoning:Decision making, problem solving, number series, seating arrangement, puzzle, syllogism, blood relations, etc.
- General awareness/ general studies:Indian history, geography, national/international news, person in news, environment, banking terms, financial terms, general policy, etc.
- Quantitative ability:Profit and loss, mixture and allegation, simplification, percentage, averages, interest, ratio & proportion, square roots, time and distance, time & work, triangle, quadrilaterals, etc.
- English comprehension:English grammar, comprehension, sentence rearrangement, sentence correction, one-word substitution, etc.
- Statistics:Statistical inference, probability theory, central tendency, dispersion, sampling theory, etc.
Recommended Books for SSC CGL
Here are some of the noteworthy books for SSC CGL preparation-
- Quantitative Aptitude: Quantitative aptitude by R.S Aggarwal, Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publication, Quicker Maths by M.Tyra (for beginners).
- Reasoning:Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal, Analytical Reasoning by M.K Pandey.
- GK:Manorama Year Book 2021 for GK, Lucent’s General Knowledge.
- English:Objective General English by S.P Bakshi, English Grammar by Wren and Martin.
To fill the application form of SSC CGL 2021, candidates need to visit the official website i.ewww.ssc.nic.in. The form will ask for details such as name, father’s name, gender, category, religion, educational details, payment details among others. These details must be entered carefully as no correction window will be provided once the form is submitted successfully.
If at any stage, the information provided by the applicants is found to be incorrect then strict actions will be taken against that candidate resulting in his/her disqualification. Applicants will also need to upload their scanned photograph and signature while filling the form. Incomplete applications or those received without the application fee shall be rejected by the authority. Candidates need not send the hardcopy of the application form to the authority.
Candidates need to pay Rs. 100/- towards the application fee. Payment of the application fee can be done through credit card, debit card, net banking and SBI E-Challan. Women/SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Nationality:Candidates must be Indian Citizens.
- Age limit: Varies according to the post a candidate applies for.
- Educational qualification:Candidates must possess a valid bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university. For junior statistical officer, candidates should have secured minimum 60% marks in Mathematics in class 12th along with a bachelor’s degree or should have studied statistics as one of the subjects during graduation. Those appearing in the final year of their graduation are also eligible to apply.
- The admit card for different tiers of SSC CGL 2021 can be downloaded from the official website of the commission.
- Candidates must bring the printed copy of the admit card to the exam hall. Those who do not possess the admit card will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- They also need to bring a valid govt. ID proof along with the hall ticket.
- Any discrepancy in the admit card must be communicated to the authority immediately.
- The admit card should be kept safe till the entire recruitment process is finished.
Result and selection
- The commission will publish the result of SSC CGL exam tier-wise. The final result will be based on the marks secured by the candidates in previous tiers.
- Candidates can check their result by logging into the official web portal of SSC i.essc.nic.in.
- The score card will be provided by the commission 15-20 days after the completion of exam.
- A merit list will be drawn by the authority to shortlist the candidates for different services.
After clearing all the stages, candidates who are selected will be given the allotment letter by the SSC.