Candidates wishing to join State Bank of India as a probationary officer need to apply for SBI PO 2022 conducted by the bank itself. The authority will most probably release the application form in the 3rd week of April 2022. Candidates need to determine their eligibility status before proceeding for the application form. Ineligible candidates won’t be allowed to appear in the exam.
The exam will be conducted in three phases- preliminary, main and interview. Only those candidates can appear for the main exam who have qualified the preliminary exam. Those shortlisted after the main examination will be invited for group discussion and interview round. SBI PO 2022 will be a computer-based exam the total duration of which will be 1 hour for preliminary exam and 3 hours for the main exam.
SBI PO 2022
- The application form for SBI PO exam can only be filled through online mode. No printed form will be released by the authority.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST and religious minority community can apply for pre-exam training to get an idea of the exam.
- Applicants should submit their applications on time to avoid last-minute technical errors.
- No correction window shall be given by the authority for making changes in the application form once it is submitted successfully.
- In case of multiple applications, the last submitted application will be taken into consideration but the fee for previous applications will not be refunded.
- The marks obtained by the candidates in the preliminary examination (Phase-I) will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection. Only the marks secured in main exam and GD/interview shall be taken into consideration for final merit list preparation.
- At the time of joining, the selected candidates will have to sign a bond of Rs 2 lakhs to serve the bank for minimum 3 years.
- Candidates selected for the post of probationary officers will be on probation for two years where they will undergo continuous assessments. Only after qualifying the assessments, they will be confirmed in the service.
SBI PO 2022 Important dates
The tentative schedule of SBI PO 2022 exam is provided below-
|Online Registration starts from||3rd week of April 2022|
|Last date to Register||2nd week of May 2022|
|Admit card releasing for Pre-exam||3rd week of June 2022|
|Preliminary Exam||1st week of July 2022|
|Result of Preliminary exam||3rd week of July 2022|
|Admit card for Main exam||3rd week of July 2022|
|Main exam||1st week of August 2022|
|Result of Main exam||3rd week of August 2022|
|Call letter for Personal interview||1st week of September 2022|
|GD and Interview date||4th week of September 2022|
|Final result announcement||1st week of November 2022|
Pre-exam training for ST/ST and religious minority community candidates
|Call letter downloading for Pre-exam training||Last week of May 2022|
|Pre-exam training||3rd week of June 2022 to 4th week of June 2022|
SBI PO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check their eligibility from the criteria laid down by the authority as provided below-
- Age limit: The age of the applicants should not be less than 21 years and above than 30 years as on 1st March 2022. Reserved category candidates can claim relaxation in age as per the rules.
- Educational qualification: Candidates should have completed a graduation degree or its equivalent from a recognized university. Those appearing in the final year of their graduation can also apply provided that they should have passed the graduation examination on or before 31st August 2022.
SBI PO 2022 Application form
The application form for SBI PO exam will only be released in online mode. Candidates can fill the form by visiting the official website of the SBI. They first need to register themselves for the exam using their active email id and phone number. After successful registration, they need to login into the web portal to fill the application form. The application form will bear the following details- personal details, educational details, work experience (if any), bank details and other relevant information.
The information provided by the candidates must match their official records. If at any stage, the details given by the candidates are found to be misleading then the candidates will be disqualified and won’t be allowed to appear in future exams conducted by SBI. Candidates will also be asked to upload their scanned photograph and signature. It is compulsory for the candidates to pay the necessary application fee for the exam failing which their applications will be rejected by the authority.
- General and OBC candidates need to pay Rs. 600/- towards the application fee for the exam.
- SC/ ST and PWD category candidates must pay Rs. 100/- for the same.
- The application fee can be paid through credit card, debit card, and internet banking.
SBI PO 2022 Exam pattern
The exam pattern of SBI PO exam is as follows-
- Exam mode: Online
- Duration: 1 hour for preliminary exam and 3 hours for main exam
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Language: English and Hindi
- Negative marking: Applicable to both preliminary and main exam
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|English language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Reasoning and computer aptitude||45||
|English language||35||40 minutes|
|Data analysis and interpretation||35||45 minutes|
|General/ economy/ banking awareness||40||35 minutes|
Descriptive test: English language test carrying 2 questions (50 marks) on letter writing and essay will be asked. The duration of the test will be 30 minutes.
SBI PO 2022 Syllabus
Candidates can take a look at the topics they need to prepare to crack the SBI PO 2022-
- English language: Sentence rearrangement, sentence correction, fill in the blanks, English grammar, vocabulary, cloze test, word-meaning, one-word substitution, active and passive voice, tenses etc.
- Quantitative aptitude: Average, simplification, DI, ratio and proportion, simple and compound interest, number system, sequence and series, work and time, boats and stream, permutation and combination, time and distance etc.
- Reasoning and computer aptitude: Alphanumeric series, data sufficiency, puzzle, seating arrangement, syllogism, blood relation, direction sense, coding and decoding, ranking etc.
- General/banking/economy awareness: Static awareness, financial awareness, current affairs, banking and financial awareness.
Given below are some of the notable reference books for candidates which the help of which they can score better marks in the exam and effectively crack the same-
- Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Magical book on quicker mathematics by M.Tyra
- Fast track objective mathematics by Arihant publication
- Analytical reasoning by MK Pandey
- Verbal and non-verbal reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- High school English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Word power made easy by Norman Lewis
- Lucent’s GK
- Banking awareness by Arihant publication
SBI PO 2022 Admit card
- The admit card for SBI PO 2022 exam can be downloaded from the official website of the SBI.
- Different admit card will be released for different phases of the exam.
- Only those candidates can obtain the hall ticket for the main exam who have passed the preliminary exam.
- Candidates should keep multiple printout copies of the call letter safe for future use.
- Those who do not possess a valid admit card will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- Applicants also need to bring a valid govt. id proof along with the admit card failing which the entry to the hall shall be denied to them.
- Candidates can check the result from the official web portal of the SBI.
- The result of preliminary exam, main exam and interview shall be declared separately.
- Only those candidates will be able to appear for main who have cleared the minimum cutoff marks laid down by the authority as per the preliminary result.
- The result will display the score obtained by the candidates along with the cutoff marks decided by the authority. Those who clear the cutoff will be called for subsequent phases of the exam as stated above.
- Category-wise merit list will be drawn by the authority stating the names of the candidates selected for recruitment as a PO in SBI.
- Candidates selected will be posted as a probationary officer in SBI for the duration of 2 years.