Candidate, who aspires to join State Bank of India as a probationary officer need to register online for the SBI PO 2022. The examination will be held in three phases i.e. preliminary examination, main examination and group exercise & interview. The application form will be released in the 3rd week of April 2022. Candidates must ensure their eligibility status before applying for the exam.
The exam will be conducted in two phases namely preliminary and main followed by the personal interview. Only those who clear the pre-exam will be qualified for appearing in the main exam. The exam will be conducted in online mode. Candidates will be given a total of 1 hour for pre-exam and 3 hours for the main exam. Candidates will be selected based on the marks scored in main exam and the personal interview.
SBI PO 2022
- Applicants can apply for SBI PO only via online mode. The bank won’t be releasing printed applications for submission in this regard.
- The marks secured in the preliminary exam will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection.
- Candidates from SC/ST and religious minorities can apply for pre-exam training.
- In case a candidate applies multiple times, then the application form last submitted will be taken into consideration.
- NO correction window will be provided to the candidates once the form is submitted successfully.
- Candidates must possess a valid email id and mobile number to register for the exam.
- Candidates selected will go through the probation period of 2 years and will be posted as a probationary officer in SBI bank.
- At the time of joining the bank, candidates need to sign a bond of Rs. 2 lakhs to serve the bank for at least 3 years.
SBI PO 2022 Important dates
The tentative schedule of SBI PO 2022 is given below-
|Online registration date||3rd week of April 2022|
|Last date to register for the exam||2nd week of May 2022|
|Call letter downloading for pre-exam||3rd week of May 2022|
|Preliminary exam||1st week of July 2022|
|Result announcement for pre-exam||3rd week of July 2022|
|Call letter downloading for Main-exam||3rd week of July 2022|
|Main exam||1st week of August 2022|
|Result announcement for Main-exam||3rd week of August 2022|
|Call letter downloading for PI||1st week of September 2022|
|Interview round||4th week of September 2022|
|Final result declaration||1st week of November 2022|
Pre-exam training dates for SC/ST and religious minorities candidates
|Call letter downloading||Last week of May 2022|
|Pre-exam training||3rd week of June 2022 to 4th week of June 2022|
SBI PO 2022 Exam Pattern
Given below is the exam pattern of SBI PO 2022 exam-
- Duration: 1 hour (Preliminary exam) and 3 hours (Main exam)
- Exam mode: Computer-based mode
- Type of questions: Multiple choice based
- Language: Hindi and English
- Marking scheme: Vary accordingly
- Negative marking: Applicable
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Reasoning and computer aptitude||45||200||60 minutes|
|English language||35||40 minutes|
|Data analysis and interpretation||35||45 minutes|
|General/economy/banking awareness||40||35 minutes|
SBI PO Syllabus 2022
Here are the topics that the candidates must go through to crack the exam-
- Reasoning: Alphanumeric series, data sufficiency, syllogism, blood relation, puzzle, seating arrangement, direction sense, coding, and decoding, etc.
- English language: Fill in the blanks, English grammar, vocabulary, cloze test, word-meaning, one-word substitution, sentence rearrangement, sentence correction, active and passive voice, tenses etc.
- Quantitative aptitude: DI, ratio and proportion, number system, sequence and series, simple and compound interest, average, simplification, work and time, boats and stream, permutation and combination, time and distance, etc.
- General awareness: Static awareness, financial awareness, current affairs, banking, and financial awareness.
Given below are some of the notable reference books for cracking SBI PO 2022 examination-
- Reasoning:Verbal and non-verbal reasoning by RS Aggarwal, Analytical reasoning by MK Pandey.
- Quantitative aptitude:Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal, Quicker maths by M Tyra, Fast track objective mathematics by Arihant publication.
- General awareness:Lucent’s GK, Arihant publication.
- English language:Word power made easy by Norman lewis.
SBI PO 2022 Application form
Candidates need to fill the online application form for SBI PO 2022 by visiting the official website of SBI.The application form will ask for details such as- name, mobile number, address, educational qualification, gender, religion, etc. Applicants will also need to upload their scanned photograph and signature in the form. Forms with incorrect details will be rejected by the authority and the candidate shall be disqualified from taking the exam. Candidates need not send the printout copy of the application form to the authority. Incomplete applications will summarily be rejected by the authority. It is mandatory for the applicants to pay the necessary application fee for the exam failing which their applications will be treated as invalid.
|General and OBC||Rs. 600/-|
Mode of payment: Candidates need to pay the required application fee using the debit card, credit card, net banking.
SBI PO Eligibility criteria 2022
Applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria to appear for the exam. Here are those necessary eligibility conditions they must satisfy-
- Age criteria: The age of the candidates should not be less than 21 years and should not exceed 30 years. Reserved category candidates can claim relaxation in age.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have done graduation in any discipline or its equivalent from a recognized university. Those appearing in the final year can also apply for the exam.
SBI PO 2022 Admit card
- Candidates can download the admit card of SBI PO 2022 from the official website.
- The admit card for pre-exam and main-exam will be released separately.
- Candidates need to bring the printed copy of the admit card failing which they won’t be allowed to appear in the exam.
- Applicants also need to bring a valid id proof in the exam hall along with the hall ticket.
- The admit card for main exam can only be downloaded if the candidate clears the pre-exam.
- SBI will publish the result for pre-exam and main-exam on its official web portal.
- Candidates who clear the pre-exam only will be allowed to appear in the main exam.
- Cut-off marks will be decided by the authority to select the candidates for recruitment as a PO.
- The authority will prepare a merit list of the shortlisted candidates. Such candidates will be called for the interview process.
- A final merit list will be drawn by the authority based on the marks scored by the candidates in the main-exam and interview.