State Bank of India (SBI) will soon release the notification for recruitment of junior associates (customer support and sales) in its different branches spread across the country. Applicants interested in pursuing a lucrative and growing career in the bank needs to apply for SBI Clerk 2023 by filling the online application form. The authority will release the application form most probably in the 3rd week of January 2023. The exam will be held in two-tier i.e. preliminary and main exam. Pre-exam will only be qualifying in nature. Candidates will get a total of 1 hour for completing preliminary exam and 2 hours 40 minutes for the main exam. Marks will be deducted in case the candidate chooses incorrect answer.
SBI Clerk 2023
- Only online applications will be considered for submission. The authority won’t release any printed form of application.
- Applicants can apply for vacancies in one state only. Applications for more than one state shall summarily be rejected.
- The registration number and password must not be shared with anyone under any circumstances.
- SBI may conduct pre-exam training for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/XS and religious minority as per the guidelines of Government of India.
- Candidates applying for a vacancy in a specific state need to be proficient in the local language of that state. Such candidates need to qualify the local language test conducted by SBI.
- The marks secured in preliminary examination will not be considered for ranking. Only the marks secured in main exam will be taken for final merit list preparation.
SBI Clerk 2023 Important dates
The expected schedule of SBI Clerk 2023 is mentioned below-
|Beginning of online registration||3rd week of January 2023|
|Last date to register for the exam||2nd week of February 2023|
|Admit card downloading for pre-exam||1st week of June 2023|
|Preliminary examination||March 2021/ April 2023|
|Result announcement||3rd week of July 2023|
|Admit card downloading for main exam||4th week of July 2023|
|Main examination||2nd week of May 2023|
|Final result announcement||September 2023|
|Provisional allotment||September 2023/ October 2023|
The exam pattern for SBI Clerk is provided below-
- Mode: Online
- Marking scheme: Vary accordingly
- Negative marking: 1/4th marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- Type of question: Objective type
- Duration: 1 hour for preliminary exam and 2 hours 40 minutes for main exam
- Language: Hindi and English
|Subject||Number of question||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Numerical ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Subject||Number of question||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Quantitative aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning ability and computer aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|General/financial awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
SBI Clerk 2023 Syllabus
Given below is the syllabus of SBI clerk exam-
- Quantitative aptitude: Simplification, percentage, average, boat and stream, data interpretation, mixture and allegation, profit and loss, simple interest, compound interest, partnership etc.
- English language: Para-jumble words, sentence correction, sentence rearrangement, one-word substitution, antonym, synonym, cloze test, grammar, error finding etc.
- General/financial awareness: Current affairs, person in news, awards, books and authors, financial terms, history, geography, etc.
- Reasoning and computer aptitude: Blood relation, direction sense, coding-decoding, ranking, analogy, classification, number series, inequalities, syllogism, programming language, MS Office, DBMS, computer architecture etc.
Candidates can note down the names of some notable reference books to gain better marks in the exam-
- GK by Lucent, Manorama year book.
- English by Kiran publication, English grammar by Wren and Martin.
- Verbal and non-verbal reasoning by RS Aggarwal.
- Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal, Fast track objective mathematics by Arihant publication.
Candidates are required to register themselves for SBI Clerk 2023 exam by visiting the official website of the same. To register for the exam, they need to provide their email id, name, and phone number. Once the registration is done, they’ll receive a unique registration number which they are required to use during login to fill rest of the form. They need to upload their scanned photograph and signature in the form.
The form will ask for details such as- name, father’s name, category, gender, educational qualification, bank details among others. These details must be entered correctly as no application correction window will be provided to the candidates once the form is submitted. A candidate found guilty of providing incorrect information will be debarred from taking the exam. The form must be submitted on time along with the necessary application fee to avoid rejection.
|General and OBC||Rs. 600/-|
Mode of payment: The fee stated above can be paid using the credit card, debit card, and net banking. Application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances whatsoever.
Applicants need to fulfill the necessary eligibility conditions laid down by the authority to apply for the exam. Here are those conditions-
- Age criteria: The age of the candidates should not be less than 20 years and should not exceed 28 years as on 1st January 2023. Candidates from reserved category can claim age relaxation as per the rules.
- Educational qualification: Applicants should have done graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Those having integrated dual degree (IDD) should make sure they have passed the IDD on or before 1st January 2023.
- The call letters for preliminary and main exam can be downloaded from the official website of SBI i.e. sbi.co.in.
- No hardcopy of the call letter shall be sent to the candidates by post or any other medium.
- Applicants need to check the details printed on the admit card very carefully and should report the inconsistencies, if any to the authority immediately.
- Candidates must bring the printed copy of the call letter to the exam hall along with a valid ID proof.
- Candidates should retain the copy of the hall ticket till the recruitment process is finished.
Result and selection
- Candidates need to login into the official website of SBI using their registration number and password to check the result of SBI Clerk 2023.
- Separate result will be generated for pre-exam and main exam.
- SBI will provide the scorecard to the candidates a week or two after the exam is over.
- Those who have qualified the main exam will need to qualify the local language test before joining a bank.
- Final selection of the candidates will be subjected to the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria, performance in the main exam, and qualifying in the local language test.