State Bank of India annually invites applicants for recruitment as a junior associate (customer support and sales) in clerical cadre in it. Interested candidates can apply for SBI clerk 2022 by filling the online application form for the same. The authority will likely release the application form in the 3rd week of January 2022. Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility requirements set by the authority in order to appear for the exam.
The exam shall be conducted in two phases namely- preliminary and main followed by a test of specified local language. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the exam. SBI clerk 2022 will be a computer-based exam where the candidates will be allotted a computer system to mark the answers. The duration of the preliminary exam will be 60 minutes and for main exam, it will be 2 hours 40 minutes.
SBI clerk 2022- Highlights
- The application form of SBI clerk exam will only be released via online mode. Candidates should fill and submit the form on or before the due date specified by the authority to avoid last-minute technical problems.
- Multiple application forms should be avoided by the applicants. However, in case of multiple applications, the last received application shall be considered by the authority and candidates won’t be refunded the fee for previous applications.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category can attend the preliminary exam training conducted by the bank to get an idea of the exam.
- The marks secured by the candidates in the preliminary exam will not be taken into consideration while preparing the merit list. Only the aggregate marks of the main exam will be considered for this purpose.
- Candidates who qualify the main exam shall appear for the language test conducted in the local language as specified by the bank.
- Candidates with a physical disability who cannot write and have difficulty in operating their right hand can arrange for a scribe or their own at their own cost.
The tentative schedule for SBI Clerk 2022 is provided below-
|Online application starts from||3rd week of January 2022|
|Last date to submit the online form||2nd week of February 2022|
|Call letter downloading for preliminary exam||1st week of June 2022|
|Preliminary exam date||4th week of June 2022|
|Result announcement of preliminary exam||3rd week of July 2022|
|Call letter downloading for main exam||4th week of July 2022|
|Main exam date||1st week of August 2022|
|Result announcement||September 2022|
SBI clerk 2022 Application form
The application form for SBI clerk will be made available only in online mode. To fill the form, candidates need to visit the official website of SBI. Applicants should keep their documents and scanned images handy while filling the form. They first need to register themselves for the exam by providing their basic details such as contact number, name and email id. After that, they’ll receive a unique registration cum application number which should be used for future logins.
The form will include details pertaining to the personal and educational information of the candidates. If at any stage, the details provided by the candidates are found to be incorrect or misleading, then such candidates will be disqualified for all future exams conducted by SBI. Candidates should review the application form before making the final submission as no correction window shall be provided once the form is submitted successfully. Incomplete applications or applications received without the application fee shall be rejected by the authority.
General and OBC candidates need to pay Rs. 600/- for the exam and those belonging to the SC/ST/PWD/XS category need to pay Rs. 100/-. The fee can be paid through online mode only i.e. using the debit card, credit card and internet banking.
Eligibility criteria for SBI clerk 2022
Candidates should go through the given eligibility criteria to check if can appear for the exam or not-
- Academic qualification: Candidates should have done graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent qualification as recognized by the central government. Those possessing an integrated dual degree (IDD) certificates should ensure that they have passed the degree program on or before 1st January 2022.
- Age limit: The age of the candidates should not be less than 20 years and not be more than 28 years as on 1st January 2020. Reserved category candidates can claim relaxation in age as per the rules of the government.
The exam pattern for SBI Clerk exam is as follows-
- Mode: Online
- Duration: 1 hour for preliminary exam and 2 hours 40 minutes
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Language: English and Hindi
- Negative marking: 1/4th marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
|Section||Number of question||Total marks||Duration|
|English language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Section||Number of question||Total marks||Duration|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning ability and computer aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|General/financial awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
The syllabus of the SBI clerk include the following topics-
- English: Reading comprehension, para-jumble words, sentence rearrangement, sentence correction, word-meaning, one-word substitution, error finding, cloze test etc.
- Quantitative aptitude: Number series, simplification, average, profit and loss, time and work, speed, distance and time, boats and stream, mixture and allegation, percentage, DI, partnership etc.
- Reasoning and computer aptitude: Machine input/output, direction sense, blood relation, syllogism, inequalities, puzzle, seating arrangement, ranking, statement and conclusion, etc.
- General/financial awareness: Static GK, books and authors, banking news, government schemes, headquarters, countries and their capital, etc.
Here are some useful preparation books for the aspirants with the help of which they can easily crack the exam-
- Quantitative aptitude: RS Aggarwal, fast track objective maths by Arihant publication.
- English: Wren and Martin, word power made easy by Norman Lewis, Kiran publication.
- Reasoning: Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning by RS Aggarwal, Arihant publication.
- GK: Lucent’s general knowledge, banking awareness by Arihant publication.
- Applicants can download the admit card of SBI clerk exam from the official website of SBI.
- Different admit card shall be released for preliminary and main exam.
- No hardcopy of the hall ticket shall be sent to the candidates by post or another medium.
- Candidates should keep a printout copy of the admit card for future use.
- It is compulsory to bring a valid id proof along with the admit card to the exam hall failing which the candidates won’t be allowed to take the exam.
- Candidates should carefully check their details printed on the call letter and report the inconsistencies to the authority if any is found.
Result and Selection
- The result of SBI clerk 2022 will be announced separately for preliminary exam and main exam in the official website of the SBI.
- Only the marks secured in the main exam will be used for preparing the merit list.
- Candidates who clear the main exam will have to appear for local language test held as a part of selection process before joining the bank.
- The final selection will be based on the verification of eligibility for the post and qualifying in local language test wherever applicable.