Pondicherry University is a central University established in the year 1985. It has campuses in Pondicherry, Karaikal and Port Blair which offers a large number of Postgraduate and research courses. The admission to all the courses will be granted on the basis of Pondicherry University Entrance exam 2022 to be conducted by the university in the last week of May 2022 tentatively.
Students aspiring admission to Postgraduate and doctoral courses can access all the details about Pondicherry university 2022 admission through this post.
Pondicherry University 2022 Important Dates
As the official schedule for Pondicherry University is yet to be released, aspirants can follow the tentative schedule as shown in the table below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Commencement of online application form submission||1st week of April 2022|
|Last day to fill application form||1st week of May 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||3rd week of May 2022|
|Date of entrance exam||Last week of May 2022|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of June 2022|
|Starting of Counselling||Last week of June 2022|
Pondicherry University 2022 Eligibility Criteria
For Postgraduate Courses
- The candidate must be a graduate in (10+2+3) systems with at least 50% marks from a recognized university.
- For Integrated degree courses, the candidate must have passed 10+2 exam with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Applicants appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply.
For Ph.D. Programme
- An Aspirant must have a Master’s degree from a recognized university in relevant subject with 10+2+3+2 pattern.
- At least 50% marks in Master’s degree are mandatory for Ph.D. programme.
Pondicherry University 2022 Application form
- The application form for Pondicherry University 2022 will be released in the online mode only.
- Candidates have to provide the necessary contact, personal and educational details in the application form.
- A scanned copy of recent passport size photograph and signature will also required to be uploaded by the candidate.
- If any student wants to apply for more than one course then he/she will have to submit a separate form for each course.
- Defense personal seeking admission will be required to submit the application form to the following address
The Assistant Registrar (Academic-Admissions)
R.V. Nagar, Kalapet, Pondicherry-605014
Pondicherry University Application Fee 2022
After submitting the application form, candidates will be required to pay a certain amount as an application fee either by online (Debit/Credit Card) or by offline (Challan) mode
The application fees for different courses are as follows
|MBA (common for all MBA programmes)||Rs. 500 /-||Exempted||Rs. 1000 /-|
|PH.D||Rs. 300 /-||Exempted||Rs. 600 /-|
|PG||Rs. 200 /-||Exempted||Rs. 400 /-|
Pondicherry University 2022 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Online Mode|
|Number of Questions to be asked||100 Questions will be asked|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours|
|Marking Scheme||4 Marks will be given a correct answer|
|Negative Marking||1 Mark will be deducted for a wrong answer|
The exam will be held in the following cities:
|Thiruvananthapuram||Tiruchirappalli||Vijayawada||Port Blair (Andamans)||Kolkata||Kottayam|
|Kochi||Mumbai||Mahe/ Thalassery||New Delhi|
Pondicherry University Admit Card 2022
The admit card of Pondicherry University 2022 exam will be downloaded online. Candidates have to take a printout of the admit card and carry it along with a photo identity proof to the examination center. No candidate will be permitted to enter the exam hall without a valid admit card
Pondicherry University Result 2022
Candidates appeared in the entrance exam will be able to check their result online by entering their application number and date of birth. The university will publish the separate cut off for PG and PH.D Programmes. The NET/JRF qualified candidate can have a direct admission to Ph.D. programme.
For LLM course, Group discussion, presentation and personal interview round will also be conducted after the written exam.