National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET UG 2023)will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in Indian Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India. Interested candidates can apply for the exam by filling the online application form. The form will most likely be released in the 1st week of November 2022.
NEET score is considered by most of the medical colleges in the country. Candidates must ensure their eligibility status before filling the form. Candidates will be given a total of 3 hours to complete the paper. Penalty will be applied in case the candidates mark an incorrect answer. Only qualifying NEET will not guarantee admission as admission process will be subjected to different factors such as eligibility criteria, number of seats available, merit rank, among others.
- The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in any case. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
- Applicants must have a valid email id and phone number to apply for the exam. Furthermore, NTA will communicate with them via these mediums in the future.
- The application number and password must not be shared with anyone.
- The exam will be strictly monitored and video-graphed. Candidates who will be found cheating or breaking the code of conduct of the exam shall be disqualified.
- Based on the marks scored by the candidates in the exam, they can apply to different medical colleges for admission in MBBS/BDS program.
NEET 2023 Important dates
The tentative dates for NEET 2023 are as follows-
|Online submission of application form||1st week of November 2022|
|Last date of form submission||Last week of November 2022|
|Application correction window||January 2023|
|Printing of admit card||3rd week of April 2023|
|Date of exam||1st week of May 2023|
|Answer key publishing||2nd week of May 2023|
|Result announcement||1st week of June 2023|
|Beginning of counselling||2nd week of June 2023|
Important note: Once the official announcement is made by NTA, the data given here will be updated accordingly.
NEET 2023 Exam pattern
Given below is the exam pattern of NEET UG 2023 exam-
- Duration of the exam:3 hours
- Type of questions: Multiple choice-based
- Marking scheme: Every correct answer will fetch 4 marks
- Language: Hindi, English, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Tamil, Urdu and Kannada.
- Negative marking: For every incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted.
- Total number of questions: 180 questions
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
NEET 2023 Syllabus
Candidates need to prepare PCB subjects taught at +2 level in order to crack the exam. Here are some key topics they must study for the NEET 2023 exam-
- Biology: Genetics and evolution, diversity in living world, plant physiology, biology and human welfare, cell structure and function, reproduction, structural organization in animals and plants,biotechnology and its applications, etc.
- Physics: Physical world and measurement, laws of motion, gravitation, properties of bulk matter, thermodynamics, behaviours of perfect gas and kinetic theory, magnetic effects of current and magnetism, work, energy and power, kinematics, motion of system of particles and rigid body, electromagnetic waves,
- Chemistry:Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, hydrocarbons, structure of atom, surface chemistry, coordination compound, d and f block elements, environmental chemistry, states of matter, general principles and processes of isolation of elements, chemical bonding and molecular structure, S-block elements, redox reaction, solutions, solid state, chemical kinetics, hydrogen, etc.
Given below are some of the notable reference books that will help the candidates in scoring better marks in the examination-
- Physics: Concepts of physics by HC Verma, Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday,Resnick & Walker, Problem in General Physics by I.E. Indrov, objective physics by DC Pandey.
- Chemistry: Organic Chemistry by Solomons, organic chemistry by OP TandonDinesh chemistry guide, O P Tandon Inorganic chemistry, JD Lee inorganic chemistry, Morrison organic chemistry.
- Biology: Objective biology by Dinesh, biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman, objective botany byAnsari, Pradeep guide on biology.
NEET 2023 Application form
In order to fill the online application form for NEET 2023, candidates need to follow the four steps as mentioned below-
- Step-1: Fill in the online application form and note down the system generated application number.
- Step-2: Upload scanned images of photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and signature(between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step-3: Make payment of fee using suitable mode of payment (mode of submission of Application Form and payment of fee) and keep proof of fee paid.
- Step-4: Print at least four printouts of confirmation page after successful remittance of fee.
- If at any stage, the information provided by the applicants is found to be misleading then such candidates will be disqualified from taking the exam and strict actions will be taken against them.
- Candidates need not send the printed copy of the confirmation page to the authority.
Candidates from the unreserved and OBC category need to pay Rs. 1400/- towards the application fee for the exam. Those belonging to the SC/ST/PWD and Transgender category need to pay Rs. 750/- for the same. The payment of application fee can be made using the credit card, debit card, internet banking and E-Challan. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
NEET 2023 Eligibility criteria
Candidates must fulfil these necessary conditions to be eligible for appearing in the entrance examination-
Age criteria: The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the same on or before 31st December 2023. The upper age limit for appearing in the exam is 25 years. Reserved category candidates can claim relaxation in age as per the rules.
Nationality: Indian Nationals, OCI, PIO, NRIs, and Foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
Students should have passed class 12th examination or its equivalent with minimum 50% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST and 45% for PH candidates)from a recognized board/university. A pass in English language is mandatory. Candidates should have studies PCB subject group in the qualifying examination.
The code wise qualification is given in the table-
|01||Students appearing in the qualifying exam in the year 2021, whose are awaiting their result can apply for the exam but will not be considered for admission till they fulfill the criteria for qualifying examination at the time of counselling.|
|02||Candidates who have passed HSE or Indian school certificate examination as equivalent to qualifying examination stated above can apply on a condition that they must have studied the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in the last two years of study. They should also have studied Mathematics or any elective subject with English.|
|03||Applicants who have completed their intermediate exam/ pre-degree exam in Science of an Indian University/Board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects are also eligible to apply for the exam.|
|04||Candidates having done Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology & English after passing either the HSE or the pre-university or an equivalent examination can also apply.|
NEET 2023 Admit card
- The admit card for NEET 2023 will be issued by the NTA on its official website. Candidates need to download the same by logging into the website.
- They must carry the printed copy of the admit card at the exam venue failing which they won’t be permitted to take the test.
- Applicants also need to bring a valid govt. ID proof along with the hall ticket.
- Any discrepancy in the admit card must be communicated with the authority immediately so that the mistake can be rectified on time.
NEET 2023 Result
- The result of NEET UG entrance examination will be displayed on the official web portal of NTA i.enic.in.
- The authority will also publish the answer key on the website so that the students can estimate their scores.
- Based on the performance of the candidates in the exam, NTA will prepare a merit list of the candidates and hand over the data to the concerned counselling bodies for admission and seat allotment.