The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) exam for admission to the 1st year of MBBS/BDS courses offered by the medical colleges in the country. Candidates can apply for the entrance exam by filling the online application form. The NEET 2022 exam is expected to be held twice a year. Candidates should go through the eligibility criteria defined by the NTA to make sure that they satisfy them. Ineligible candidates won’t be allowed to appear in the exam. There is a possibility that new changes in the NEET 2022 exam might be introduced by the authority. As of now, the authority has stated that the exam will be conducted in online mode. Students are recommended to stay tuned to the article for upcoming updates on the NEET exam.
NEET 2022 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of the NEET exam is as follows-
|Online application form availability||1st week of November 2021|
|Last date to submit the online form||Last week of November 2021|
|Correction window opens from||January 2022|
|Releasing of the admit card||3rd week of April 2022|
|NEET 2022 exam date||1st week of May 2022|
|Releasing of the answer key||2nd or 3rd week of May 2022|
|Announcement of the result||1st week of June 2022|
|Commencement of counselling||2nd week of June 2022|
NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NEET 2022 examination are provided below-
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, NRIs, PIO, OCIs and Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for NEET exam.
- Age criteria: Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission. The upper age limit defined by the authority is 25 years as on the date of the exam with relaxation of 5 years to the reserved category candidates.
- Educational qualification: Candidates should have passed class 12th examination or its equivalent from a recognized board/university and have obtained at least 50% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates and 45% for PH candidates) in subject group PCB or equivalent in aggregate. A pass in English subject is also required. Those appearing in class 12th can also apply for the exam.
NEET 2022 Application Form
To apply for the NEET entrance examination, candidates need to fill the online application form by visiting the official website of the NTA. They need to keep their relevant documents along with the scanned photograph and signature ready while filling the online form. Candidates are required to register for the exam before filling the form. After successful registration, they need to login into the website and fill their particulars in the form such as name, father’s name, gender, date of birth, category, and academic details and so on.
These details should be entered very carefully as incorrect information can lead to the rejection of the application form. All the applicants must pay the necessary amount of the application fee for the exam failing which their applications will be cancelled. The application form should be submitted on or before the due date specified by the authority. Candidates will be given an opportunity to edit their information in the form in form of the correction window. No changes will be permitted once the window closes.
- Unreserved and OBC category candidates are required to pay Rs. 1400/- as the application fee for the exam.
- Those belonging to the SC/ST/PWD/Transgender category need to pay Rs. 750/- for the same.
- Payment of the application fee can be made through credit card, debit card, net banking and E-Challan.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates can note down the exam pattern for NEET entrance exam as provided below-
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- Type of Questions: Objective type (MCQ based)
- Total number of Questions: 180 questions
- Exam Language: Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kananda.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for marking the correct answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for marking the incorrect answer
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
NEET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of NEET 2022 examination will typically be based on the subjects taught at 10+2 level. Candidates need to study the subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as per the syllabus prescribed for class 11th and class 12th. Here are some of the key topics that they must go through-
Chemistry: Redox reaction, hydrogen, some basic concepts of chemistry, structure of atom, classification of elements and periodicity in properties, chemical bonding and molecular structure, S-block elements, some P-block elements, organic chemistry, hydrocarbons, environmental chemistry, states of matter, solutions, solid state, chemical kinetics, surface chemistry, general principles and processes of isolation of elements, d and f block elements, coordination compound, organic compounds containing nitrogen, etc.
Physics: Work, energy and power, kinematics, physical world and measurement, laws of motion, motion of system of particles and rigid body, gravitation, properties of bulk matter, thermodynamics, behaviors of perfect gas and kinetic theory, oscillations and waves, current electricity, magnetic effects of current and magnetism, electromagnetic waves, optics, dual nature of matter radiation, atoms and nuclei, etc.
Biology: Structural organization in animals and plants, cell structure and function, reproduction, biotechnology and its applications, diversity in living world, genetics and evolution, plant physiology, biology and human welfare, etc.
How to prepare for NEET 2022?
Since NEET is one of the top medical entrance exams in the country, therefore, its preparation should be done accordingly. Here are some major pointers which will help the aspirants clear the exam with good marks-
- Always plan your preparation keeping in mind the time you can devote for studies and as per your learning capacity.
- First and foremost, make yourself familiar with the exam, exam pattern and the syllabus. After that, make a list of the books you need to begin the preparation.
- Start your exam preparation from scratch and always begin it with the NCERTs.
- After NCERTs, go through the reference books used by candidates who have qualified the exam previous year.
- Make time for revision as it is one of the most important aspects of the exam. Practicing and revising the topics will fetch positive results in your performance.
- Focus on the core concepts and work on the weak ones. If doubts arise then clear them from the teachers or friends immediately. You may also take the help of the Internet to wipe the doubts away.
Important reference books to crack NEET exam
Physics: Concepts of physics by HC Verma, Fundamental physics by Pradeep publications, NCERTs, Physics by DC Pandey.
Chemistry: Modern’s ABC of chemistry, NCERTs, Avasthi problems in physical chemistry, Inorganic chemistry by VK Jaiswal, Objective chemistry by S. Dinesh.
Biology: NCERTs, Elementary biology by Truman, Modern’s ABC of Biology, Biology by Pradeep publications.
- Candidates can download the admit card of NEET exam from the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA) i.e. ntaneet.nic.in.
- Applicants need to take a printout copy of their NEET hall ticket and keep it safe for future use.
- Candidates must bring the admit card to the exam venue otherwise they won’t be permitted to take the test.
- The hall ticket will most probably be released in the 3rd week of April 2020.
Result and Counselling
- The result of the NEET 2022 exam will be displayed on the official web portal of the NTA in the 1st week of June 2022.
- The authority will draw a merit list of the candidates based on their performance in the exam.
- The merit list will be distributed to the relevant counselling conducting bodies and shortlisted candidates need to register for the counselling where a seat will be allotted to them in a medical college as per the choice opted during the counselling.