UPSC will be inviting applications for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy. Interested candidates need to apply for NDA 2023 by filling the online application form. The exam will be conducted twice in a year i.e. in April and September. Candidates need to ensure their eligibility status before proceeding for the application form. Selection of the candidates will be based on their performance in the written test followed by the SSB interview.
NDA 2023 Highlights
- No other mode except the online one shall be considered for submission of the application form.
- Candidates need to fill only one application form. In case of multiple filling of the form, the application with the higher registration id shall be treated as a valid one. No fee will be remitted for the previous applications.
- Candidates who do not want to appear for the exam can avail the application withdrawal facility.
- All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id while filling up online application form as the commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
- Candidates who are already in the government service or government-owned industrial undertaking need to apply directly to the commission.
- Candidates seeking admission in Air force need to qualify the computerized pilot selection system (CPSS).
NDA 2023 Important dates
The official schedule of NDA 2023 is mentioned below-
|Online application availability||Dec 2022||June 2022|
|Last date to register||Jan 2023||June 2022|
|Admit card downloading||1st week of April 2023||4th week of August 2022|
|Exam date||April 2023||5th September 2022|
|Result announcement||3rd week of June 2023||December 2022|
|Interview date||August 2023/September 2023||January 2023 to April 2023|
|Final result declaration||Last week of November 2023||Yet to be notified|
Given below is the exam pattern of NDA 2023 examination-
- Exam mode: Offline
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes for each paper
- Language: Hindi and English
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Negative marking: 1/3rd marks will be deducted as a penalty for marking incorrect answer.
|Mathematics||300||2 hours 30 minutes|
|General ability test||600||2 hours 20 minutes|
NDA 2023 Syllabus
The written exam will be composed of subjects pertaining to mathematics and general ability test. Mathematics will be based on the syllabus prescribed for class 11th and class 12th. General ability test will further be divided into two parts. Part A will include the questions on English grammar, comprehension, one-word substitution, etc. Part B will be based on the general awareness where candidates will be assessed on their knowledge of history, politics, current affairs, physics, chemistry person in news, geography, economics to name a few.
Mathematics syllabus: Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Matrices and Determinants, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability.
Candidates are required to apply online by visiting the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in. The form will ask for details such as- name, gender, category, address, educational details among others. The information provided by the candidates must be correct and match their official documents. If at any stage, these details are found to be incorrect then they won’t be allowed to take the test. Furthermore, strict actions will be taken against them by the commission. Candidates also need to upload their scanned photograph and signature in the form. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode (unless remission of fee is claimed) shall be summarily rejected. The form must be submitted on time to avoid disappointment.
Applicants need to pay Rs. 100/- towards the application fee for the exam. SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/Ors are exempted from paying the application fee. The payment can be made using credit card, debit card, net banking and E-Challan of SBI Bank. The fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by the commission in order to apply for NDA 2023 exam. Here are the conditions that they must satisfy-
Nationality: A candidate must be an unmarried male and must be-
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan/ Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidates should not have been born earlier than 1st July 2003/2nd January 2003 and not born after 1st July 2005/1st January 2007 for NDA-I/NDA-II respectively.
- Candidates are prohibited from getting married before or during the training.
- For admission in Army, candidates should have passed class 12th exam or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- For admission in Air force and Navy, candidates should have passed class 12th exam with Physics and Mathematics as subjects from a recognized board.
- Appearing candidates (class 12th) are also eligible to apply for NDA 2023 examination.
Height and weight standards for Army/ Air Force
|Height (In centimeters)||Weight (in kilograms)|
|16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
Height and weight standards for Indian Navy
|Height (In centimeters)||Weight (in kilograms)|
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card of UPSC NDA 2023 three weeks before the commencement of the exam.
- They need to visit the official web portal of the UPSC to download the hall ticket.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to bring the printed copy of the admit card to the exam hall along with a valid govt. ID proof.
- Those who do not possess the same shall not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- In case of discrepancy in the hall ticket, candidates must contact the authority on time so that the mistake can be rectified at the earliest.
NDA 2023 Result
- The result of NDA exam will be displayed on the official website of the commission.
- UPSC will prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion.
- Such candidates will be called for the SSB interview and personality round where candidates will be assessed on officer’s potentiality.
- Applicants will also undergo the document verification where their original documents will be thoroughly verified.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks secured by them in the written exam and the interview subjected to the availability of vacancies.