NDA 2022 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in the month of April and September 2022 for admission o the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). Interested candidates need to fill the online application form in order to appear for the exam. Before going straight for the online form, candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility requirements laid down by the commission to appear in the exam. The exam will be held in two phases- written test and SSB interview cum personality test. Only those candidates can appear for interview who will qualify the written exam. Candidates will get a total of 2 hours 30 minutes to finish each paper i.e. Mathematics and General ability test.
- In order to apply for the exam, candidates must apply online for the exam. No other mode is allowed for submission of the application form.
- Applicants should fill and submit the form on time to avoid the last-minute rush or technical problem.
- Applicants must possess a valid email id and phone number as the commission will communicate to them via these mediums only.
- Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidates will not mean that their candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
- Those who do not wish to appear for the exam can avail the application withdrawal facility but only for a limited time frame. Once the withdrawal window closes, they cannot request for withdrawal of their application form.
- The admit card for NDA exam will not be sent by post or any other means expect the online one. To obtain the admit card, candidates need to login into the website using their credentials created at the time of registration.
The tentative schedule of NDA 2022 exam is as follows-
|Releasing of application form||2nd week of January 2022||1st week of June 2022|
|Last date of form submission||1st week of February 2022||Last week of June 2022|
|Admit card downloading||1st week of April 2022||4th week of August 2022|
|Exam date||4th week of April 2022||2nd week of September 2022|
|Result announcement||July 2022||December 2022|
|Interview date||August 2022 to September 2022||January 2023 to April 2023|
|Final result announcement||Yet to be notified||Yet to be notified|
|Commencement of training/class||January 2023||July 2023|
NDA 2022 Exam pattern
Given below is the exam pattern for NDA exam-
- Exam mode: Pen and Paper-based mode
- Language: English and Hindi
- Duration: 2 hours 20 minutes for each paper
- Type of questions: objective type
- Negative marking: 1/3rd marks will be deducted as the penalty for marking the incorrect answer.
|Mathematics||300||2 hours 30 minutes|
|General ability test*||600||2 hours 30 minutes|
|SSB personality test/ interview||900||—|
* General ability test will be composed of English and General Knowledge part carrying 200 marks and 400 marks respectively.
NDA 2022 Syllabus
Here are the topics to be covered under the UPSC NDA 2022 syllabus-
- Mathematics: Algebra, matrices and determinants, trigonometry, analytical geometry of two and three dimension, differential calculus, integral calculus and differential equations, vector algebra, statistics and probability.
- English: English grammar, use of words, reading comprehension, sentence correction, sentence rearrangement, antonym, synonym, word-meaning etc.
- General knowledge: Physics, chemistry, general science, social studies, geography and current events.
NDA 2022 Application form
Candidates can apply for UPSC NDA 2022 by using the website upsconline.nic.in. No printed applications will be made available by the authority for form filling purpose. Candidates are required to register themselves for the exam using their basic details such as name, date of birth, email id, and phone number. After successfully registering for the exam, candidates will receive a unique registration number in their registered email id and number. They need to login into the web portal to fill the application form. The form will consist of details such as- personal details, educational details, bank details and other relevant information.
Candidates are required to provide only the correct information in the online form. If at any phase, these details are found to be false or misleading then such candidates will be debarred from appearing in the exam and they won’t be allowed to apply for NDA in future too. Applicants also need to upload their scanned photograph and signature in the form. Before making the final submission of the form, applicants should carefully check their particulars and edit them if required. No application correction window will be provided prior to the submission of the form. Incomplete form or those received without the application fee will be rejected by the authority.
Candidates need to pay Rs. 100/- as the application fee for the exam. Those belonging to the SC/ST category and sons of Junior Commissioned Officers/ Non-Commissioned Officers/ Other Ranks of Army are exempted from paying the application fee. Payment of the application fee can be made through debit card/ credit card/net banking and cash using the pay-in slip generated at the time of application submission. Candidates need to deposit the application fee to the nearest branch of SBI.
Given below are the eligibility criteria for UPSC NDA 2022 exam with which the candidates can check their eligibility status-
Nationality: A candidates must be an unmarried male and must be a-
- Citizen of India or
- Subject of Nepal/ Bhutan or
- Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age limit, sex and marital status
- NDA-I: Candidates must not have been born earlier than 2nd July 2003 and not later than 1st July 2005.
- NDA-II: Candidates must not have been born earlier than 2nd January 2003 and not later than 1st January 2005.
- Marital status: Marriage before or during the training is strictly prohibited.
- Army wing: Applicants should have completed class 12th examination or its equivalent exam from a recognized board/university.
- Air force, Naval wing and cadet entry scheme at INA: Candidates must have passed class 12th exam with Physics and Mathematics as subjects from a recognized board.
- Those appearing in class 12th may also apply for the exam. Candidates appearing in class 11th exam cannot apply for NDA.
Physical standards required
For admission in NDA, candidates need to be physically and mentally fit. Given below are the physical fitness standards required for appearing in NDA exam-
Height and weight standards for Indian army/air force
|Height (Cm) Without Shoe||Weight (Kg)|
|16-17 Years||17-18 Years||18-19 Years|
|16 Years||18 Years||20 Years|
NDA 2022 Admit card
- Candidates can download the hall ticket of UPSC NDA 2022 from the official website of UPSC at least three weeks prior to the commencement of the exam.
- They need to retain the printout copy of the admit card and keep it safe for future use.
- It is important for the candidates to check the details printed on the admit card. Any irregularities or inconsistencies should be reported to the authority immediately.
- The admit card is a very important document that must be brought to the exam venue failing which the entry to the hall shall be denied to the candidates.
- Applicants are also required to carry a valid govt. id proof along with the admit card to the exam venue.
Result and selection
- UPSC will announce the result of NDA 2022 exam on its website. The commission will prepare a merit list of the candidates who have qualified the written test.
- Selected candidates need to appear for personality test and interview.
- Those opting for services in Air force additionally need to qualify the computerized pilot selection system.
- Qualified candidates will then be placed in a single combined list on the basis of total marks secured by them in the Written Examination and the Services Selection Board Tests.
- Final selection or allotment will depend on the following parameters- eligibility, physical fitness, merit cum preference given by the candidates.