NATA 2022 will be organized by the Council of Architecture (CoA) for admission in the first year of 5 year B.Arch course offered by the colleges all over the country. A per the official reports, NATA is expected to be conducted twice a year. Interested candidates can apply for the exam by filling the online application form. The application form will most probably be released by the council in the month of April 2022 and July 2022.
Candidates should ensure their eligibility status before they head over to the application form. Candidates can apply to different colleges offering B.Arch course based on the scores obtained in NATA 2022 test. The exam will be conducted in computer based-mode along with the drawing test which will be organized in the traditional way. Candidates will a total of 180 minutes to complete the test.
NATA 2022 Highlights
- Candidates can apply for the entrance exam only via online mode. No other mode shall be permitted for filling the application form.
- Applicants should keep the copy of confirmation page after submitting the application form.
- There is no provision for correction in the particular filled in the form once submitted. However, under rare circumstances, candidates can send an email to the authorities addressing the issue.
- The photo id proof that candidates can bring to the exam hall can be any one of the following- Voter ID/ Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ E- Aadhar.
- No review request will be entertained for drawing test once the results are declared.
- NATA 2022 score will be valid only for admission in the academic session 2022-2023.
- Candidates need to secure at least 25% marks in each of the test i.e. MCQ and drawing test to qualify the exam.
NATA 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates for NATA examination are provided below-
|Releasing of the application form||4th week of January 2022|
|Last date to submit the form||Last week of March 2022|
|Admit card releasing date||4th week of April 2022|
|Exam date||Last week of April 2022|
|Result declaration||1st week of June 2022|
Eligibility Criteria of NATA 2022
The eligibility criteria for appearing in NATA examination are given below-
- Candidates should have passed/appearing in class 12th examination or its equivalent from a recognized board/university.
- Those who have done 3 years of diploma course in any stream after class 10th can also apply for the exam.
- International baccalaureate diploma passed/appearing after 10 years of schooling are also eligible for the exam.
NATA 2022 Application form
Candidates can fill the application form of NATA entrance exam only through the online mode. They need to visit the official website of the NATA to register themselves for the exam. Candidates must possess a valid mobile number and email id in order to register for the exam. The particulars in the application form should be filled with extreme care as no correction facility will be provided once the form is submitted successfully.
The application form will include details such as name, gender, category, religion, father’s name, academic qualification and so on. Misleading/incorrect information will lead to the rejection of the application form. Applicants also need to upload the scanned copy of signature and passport-sized photograph in the form. They must pay the required amount of application fee for the exam. Incomplete application or those received without the application fee will end up getting rejected by the authority.
General category candidates are required to pay the fee of Rs. 1800/- for the exam. Those belonging to the SC/ST category must pay Rs. 1500/- for the same. Bank charges may be levied as per the rules. Payment of the state fee can be made through internet banking, credit card and debit card.
NATA 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NATA 2022 is as follows-
- Exam mode: Offline and Online mode
- Duration: 60 minutes for online test and 120 minutes for drawing test
- Language: English only
- Type of questions: MCQs type in online test
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Subject||Distribution of marks||Total marks|
|Mathematics (20 questions)||20 X 2||40|
|General Aptitude (40 questions)||40 X 2||80|
|Drawing (2 questions)||2 X 40||80|
NATA 2022 Syllabus
Mathematics: Algebra, matrices, trigonometry, logarithms, coordinate geometry, calculus, theory of calculus, permutation and combination etc.
General Aptitude: Sets, relations and functions, and mathematical reasoning.
Drawing test: Candidates will be assessed on their ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner, visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings, sense of perspective drawing, combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form, creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms.
How to prepare for NATA?
Here are some important preparation tips to excel the NATA exam-
- Maintain a timetable and follow it religiously.
- Practice and solve last 15 years question papers.
- Take the help from YouTube lectures on different point perspectives.
- Analyze your surrounding and try to sketch it to improve your drawing.
- Prepare short notes and jot down the important shortcuts and mathematical formulas for quick revision.
- Stay away from distraction when you start your preparation. Keep the mobile phone away for a while.
- Verbal and non-verbal reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Mathematics NCERT (class 11th and class 12th)
- NATA & B.Arch Question Bank by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- Arch Entrance Examination Guide by Surendra Kavimandan
- The admit card for NATA 2022 will be released on the official website and candidates can download the same by logging into the web portal.
- Candidates are required to retain a printout copy of the admit card and keep it safe for future references.
- Candidates must compulsorily bring the admit card to the exam venue along with a valid id proof failing which they won’t be permitted to take the test.
- In case of discrepancy in the details printed on the admit card, candidates must rectify the same by contacting the authorities immediately,
- The council will publish the result a week after the commencement of the exam on its official website.
- Candidates will be able to check the marks scored by them by logging into the web portal of NATA.
- Based on the NATA score, candidates can apply for admission in different colleges offering admission in B.Arch course.