Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology (MMMUT) is a state university located at Gorakhpur Uttar Pradesh. MMUT offers a large number of degree courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level. The university will conduct Malaviya Entrance Test 2022 (MET 2022) exam in order to select candidates for the Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology admission 2022.
The application form for Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology admission 2022 will be released in the month of January 2022 and the mode of application will be both online and offline. Interested candidates can check all the important details regarding the Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology admission 2022 through this article.
MMMUT Important Dates 2022
The tentative schedule for MMMUT 2022 admission is given in the table below. The exact schedule will be updated after the release of official notification
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of OMR application form||3rd week of January 2022|
|Availability of Online Application form||3rd week of January 2022|
|Last date to submit application form in both online and offline mode||Last week of March 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card for MET exam||Last week of April 2022|
|Declaration of Result||1st week of June 2022 (except for Ph.D.)|
Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology Eligibility Criteria 2022
The Eligibility Criteria for Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology admission 2022 is given below:
- For admission to B.Tech course, the candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM subject group and should have obtained at least 45% marks (40% for the candidates for SC and ST categories)
For B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
- The candidate having a 3 or 4 years diploma in any branch of engineering with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) will be eligible
- The B.Sc graduates with at least 60% marks (55% in case of candidates from SC/ST categories) and have studied Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level can also apply.
Note: B.Sc candidates will be considered only if the seats remain vacant after providing admission to Diploma Holders.
- The applicant must have a Bachelors degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST)
- The candidate should possess a Bachelors degree with a minimum of 55% marks and must have studied mathematics at 10+2 level.
For M.Sc Physics (Specialization in Electronics)
- The applicant must have a bachelors degree in science with physics as a subject in all three years of graduation and Mathematics as a subject for at least 2 years and should have obtained at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST)
- The aspirant must have a first class B.E/B.Tech in a relevant discipline.
- The admission to M.Tech courses will be granted on the basis of joint merit of GATE and MET score. The weightage of GATE and MET score will be 40% and 60% respectively.
- The applicant must have a Bachelors and Masters degree in Technology/ Engineering/ Management/ Science or equivalent with a relevant discipline.
- Must have the 1st division in Master’s degree.
Note: The Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology admission 2022 will granted to those students who will pass the qualifying exam without the grace marks.
Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology Application Form 2022
The application form for Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology Admission 2022 will be released in both online and offline mode. Candidates can choose either online or offline mode of application as per their preference. A separate application form will be submitted for different courses. Instruction to fill both type of application form is given below:
In offline mode
- In offline mode, the candidates have to purchase the OMR application form from the university counter by paying the cost of application form i.e. Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 750 for SC/ST/Female Transgender candidates) via demand draft.
- The OMR application form can also be purchased via post by sending a request letter to the following address along with the demand draft of cost of application form + Rs. 50/- as postal charges.
Malaviya Entrance Test (MET)
Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology
Gorakhpur -273 010 (UP)
- Please note that the application form should reach the university before the last date. The university will not be responsible for any kind of postal delay.
In Online Mode
- The online application form will be made available on the official website of the university i.e. mmmut.ac.in/met.
- The candidates have to enter all the necessary academic, personal and contact details in the application form.
- After entering the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned copy of recent passport size photograph (not older than 3 months) and Signature in the application form.
- The confirmation page will not be generated unless the applicant pays the prescribed application fee.
- The copy of confirmation page and receipt of application fee payment must be sent to the following address
Malaviya Entrance Test (MET)
Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology
Deoria Road,Gorakhpur – 273010 (UP)
- Keep at least 6 copies of photograph similar to that of uploaded in the online application form for future requirement.
The application fee for Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology Admission 2022 is illustrated in the table given below:
|Mode of Application||Mode of Payment||Application Fee|
|Offline||Via University counter||Rs. 1500/- (750/- for SC/ST)|
|Via Post||Rs. 1550/- (800/- for SC/ST)|
|Online||Via online payment gateways||Rs. 1500 (750/- for SC/ST) + Additional Bank Charges|
Mode of Payment
- In offline mode of application, the application fee will be submitted via DD to be drawn in favor of Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur payable at Gorakhpur.
- In online mode, the candidates have to submit the application fee via online payment gateways using a credit card, debit card or Internet Banking.
The university will conduct Malaviya Entrance test for granting Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology Admission 2022.
The exam pattern for Malaviya Entrance Test will be as follows:
Mode of Exam: Offline (OMR sheet Based)
Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions will be asked
Marking Scheme: Each Question will carry 4 Marks
Negative Marking: 1 Mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer
Subject and Course wise Exam pattern is given in the table below
|Name of Course||Papers||Subjects||Test Duration|
|B.Tech (1st year)||Paper 1||Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry||180 Minutes|
|B.Tech (2nd Year)||Paper 2||Aptitude test for engineering diploma holder||90 Minutes|
|B.Tech (2nd Year)||Paper 3||Aptitude test for B.Sc degree holder||90 Minutes|
|MCA||Paper 4||Mathematics, Statistics, Logical Ability||90 Minutes|
|MBA||Paper 5||English Language, Numerical Aptitude, Thinking and Decision Making, General Awareness||90 Minutes|
|M.Tech||Paper 6||Questions will be asked from core subject of the concerned discipline||120 Minutes|
|M.Sc Physics (Specialization in Electronics)||Paper 7||Mathematical Methods, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Modern Physics, Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics Etc.||120 Minutes|
|Ph.D.||Paper 8||Questions will be asked from core subject of the concerned discipline||120 Minutes|
Note: For admission to Ph.D. courses, the university will conduct an interview round as well. The weightage of written exam and interview will be 70% and 30% respectively.
The applicant will be able to download the admit card from the official website of the university. However, the university will provide original admit card to the candidates at the time of entrance exam. The aspirants have to paste the photograph and put signature on the admit card and get it verified by the invigilator before leaving the examination hall.
Please note that the original admit card will be required at the time of counselling. So, it is advised that the candidates must keep it safe until the Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology Admission 2021 procedure gets over.
The result of MET along with the answer keys will be announced on the official website of the university. After the declaration of result, the merit list for the Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology Admission 2021 will also be published on the university’s website.
Merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the MET exam. However, in case two or more candidates scored an equal number of marks then candidates with less number of incorrect answers will be given priority.
The candidate who will be successful in MET exam will be called for MMMUT counselling 2022. The schedule and process of counselling will be updated on the official website after the publication of merit list.
The allotment of seats for the Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology Admission 2022 will be carried on the basis of merit of candidate in MET, preference of college and availability of seat in the respective category of a candidate. Aspirants have to get their documents verified at the time of counseling.