The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) annually invites applications for appointment of the eligible candidates for the post of the assistant administrative officer. For this purpose, LIC conducts a recruitment exam. Interested candidates can apply for LIC AAO 2022 by filling the online application form. Before that, candidates need to ensure their eligibility status i.e. if they can appear for the exam or not.
LIC AAO exam will be conducted in a computer-based mode where the candidates will be provided with a computer system to mark the answers of the questions displayed on the screen. Candidates will get a total duration of 2 hours to finish the test. There will be a penalty for selecting an incorrect answer. Hence, candidates should carefully select the answers.
LIC AAO 2022 Major Highlights
- Candidates can fill the application form for LIC AAO exam only through the online mode. The authority won’t provide any form of printed applications in this regard.
- Applicants should submit the online form on or before the due date specified by the authority to avoid the last-minute rush or technical error.
- The application fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- To qualify the exam, candidates should pass the sectional and overall cutoff decided by the authority.
- Reserved category candidates can opt for pre-exam training to get familiar with the exam.
- English language test will be qualifying in nature i.e. the marks obtained in it shall not be considered for ranking.
- Visually impaired candidates or those whose writing has been adversely affected permanently for any reason can opt for a scribe at their own cost.
- Candidates will strictly be selected on the basis of their performance in the exam followed by the interview and pre-medical exam.
- Candidates selected as AAO will be on a probation period for a year. Before joining as a probationer, they will have to sign a bond of Rs. 2 lakhs to serve LIC for a minimum duration of 4 years.
LIC AAO 2022 Important dates
The tentative dates for LIC AAO 2022 are provided below-
|Beginning of online registration||3rd week of December 2021|
|Last date to register||1st week of January 2022|
|Call letter downloading||Last week of February 2022|
|Exam date||1st and 2nd week of March 2022|
|Result declaration||April 2022/ May 2022|
|Interview date||June 2022|
|Pre-recruitment medical exam||July 2022|
|Final result announcement||July 2022|
|Provisional allotment||July 2022|
LIC AAO 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for LIC AAO 2022 exam is given below-
- Exam mode: Online
- Duration: 2 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Language: English and Hindi
- Marking scheme: Varies section-wise
- Negative marking: 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|GK and current affairs||30||60|
|English language test||40||—|
LIC AAO 2022 syllabus comprises of subjects – reasoning ability, quantitative aptitude, GK and current affairs, computer knowledge and English. Here are the topics covered under these subjects-
- Reasoning: Direction sense, blood relation, coding-decoding, ranking, analogy, classification, Venn diagram, direction test, puzzle etc.
- Quantitative aptitude: Simplification, average, number system, profit and loss, simple interest, time and work, speed, distance and time, mixture and allegations, data interpretation, etc.
- Computer knowledge: Input-output devices, DBMS, internet, history of computers, keyboard shortcuts, MS word and excel, networking, etc.
- English: Error spotting, reading comprehension, sentence rearrangement, synonym, antonym, phrases and idioms, etc.
- GK and current affairs: National and international affairs, awards and honours, static GK, current affairs, headquarters, countries and currencies, environment, etc.
Given below are some of the prominent reference books for LIC AAO 2022 exam preparation:
- Verbal and non-verbal reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Reasoning by Arihant publication
- Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Quicker objective mathematics by Arihant publication
- Computer by Kiran publication
- Lucent’s computer
- Lucent’s GK
- LIC AAO (English) by Kiran publication
How to prepare for LIC AAO 2022 exam?
Candidates can go through some key preparation tips that will help them gain an edge over their competitors-
- Develop a habit of reading English newspaper to stay updated on the current affairs. This way you can also build a strong English vocabulary.
- Make a practical timetable and follow it religiously.
- Practice online mock test series to track your progress.
- Focus on your calculation and speed of solving mathematical problem.
- Maintain consistency in studies and stay away from distractions like mobile phone, relatives, etc.
LIC AAO 2022 Application form
The application form for LIC AAO 2022 exam can only be filled online by visiting the official website of LIC. Candidates should keep their relevant documents, scanned photograph and signature handy while filling the form. They must possess a valid email id and mobile number in order to register for the exam. The online form will bear the following details- name, father’s name, religion, nationality, category, gender, educational information to name a few.
It is important for the candidates to provide these details correctly. If at any stage, the information given by the candidates is found to be misleading, then such candidates will be disqualified from taking the exam and strict actions will be taken against them. Candidates won’t get any chance to edit their applications; hence, they should review their application before making the final submission. Incomplete applications or those received without the application fee shall be rejected.
- SC/ ST/ and PWD category candidates need to pay Rs. 100/- (+transaction charges) as the application fee for the exam.
- For other candidates, the fee to be paid is Rs. 600 (transaction charges might be applied).
- Payment of the stated application fee can be made online i.e. through credit card, debit card, cash cards, mobile wallets, IMPS and internet banking.
Candidates can ensure their eligibility status from the criteria given below (as stated by the authority)-
- Age limit: The minimum age of the candidates should be 21 years as on 1st December 2021. The age of the candidates should not exceed 30 years. Those belonging to the reserved category can claim relaxation in age as per the rules of the government.
- Educational qualification: Candidates should have completed a bachelor’s degree programme or master’s degree programme in any discipline from a recognized Indian university.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of the LIC to download their admit card for LIC AAO 2022 exam.
- They need to retain a printout copy of the admit card for further use.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to bring the admit card to the exam hall along with a valid ID proof.
- Those who do not possess the hall ticket will not be allowed to take the test.
- Candidate should affix recent recognizable photograph on the call letter preferably the same as provided during registration.
Result and selection
- The result of LIC AAO 2022 entrance exam will be published on the official website i.e. http://www.licindia.in.
- Candidates can check their result by logging into the web portal of LIC.
- Those who have cleared the cutoff decided by the authority will be called for the interview phase and subsequent medical test.
- Shortlisted candidates will get a provisional allotment letter to serve as a probationer for minimum 1 year.