The Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE) will soon be inviting the applications for admission in Engineering, architecture and medical courses offered by the colleges in the state. The application form for KEAM 2023 will most likely be released in the 1st week of February 2023. Before heading to the form filling part, applicants need to ensure whether they satisfy the eligibility criteria or not.
The exam will be conducted in offline mode where candidates will be given a question booklet along with an OMR answer sheet to mark the answers. Candidates will be given a total of 2 hours 30 minutes to finish the paper. Selection of the candidates will be based on the marks scored by them in the entrance test. Fore medical and architecture course, admission will be given based on NEET and NATA scores obtained by the candidates.
- Candidates applying for admission to any of the following courses- Engineering, Architecture, B. Pharm,MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Siddha, Unani, Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary and Fisheriesshould apply online on or before the last date.
- Candidates need not send the printout of the application form to the authority.Submission of documents will be done in online mode only.
- Multiple applications will be rejected by CEE. Hence, candidates need to submit only one application for one or all the courses.
- It is mandatory for all to possess an active email id and mobile number to register for the exam.
- The application number and password must not be shared with anyone.
The tentative dates for KEAM 2023 are provided below-
|Application form releasing date||1st week of February 2023|
|Last date for form submission||Last week of February 2023|
|Admit card releasing||2nd week of April 2023|
|Exam date||Last week of April 2023|
|Result announcement||3rd week of May 2023|
|Commencement of counselling||June 2023|
KEAM 2023 Exam pattern
Given below is the exam pattern of KEAM entrance test-
- Exam mode:Pen and Paper-based
- Duration:2 hours 30 minutes
- Type of questions:Objective type
- Marking scheme:4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- Negative marking:1 mark will be deducted as a penalty for incorrect answer
|Paper||Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
Candidates need to study as per the curriculum prescribed for class 11th and 12th respectively. Here are the topics they must study to crack the KEAM 2023 exam-
- Mathematics:Sets, relations and functions, matrices and determinants, quadratic equations, complex numbers, permutation and combination, trigonometry, sequence and series, geometry, statistics, calculus etc.
- Physics:Motion in 1D, 2D and 3D, laws of motion, work, power and energy, mechanics of solid and fluids, gravitation, oscillation, heat and thermodynamics, current electricity, waves and oscillation etc.
- Chemistry:Bonding and molecular structure, atomic structure, periodic properties of elements and hydrogen, states of matter, S-block elements and principles of metallurgy, P-block elements, d and f block elements, etc.
How to prepare for the exam?
Here are some useful tips with the help of which candidates can score better marks in the exam-
- Make a practical timetable that you can follow easily.
- Always be consistent in studied.
- Solve previous year papers daily.
- Always begin your preparation with the NCERTs first and then only head for the advanced reference books.
- Do not get carried away by social media, mobile phone, games, etc. However, you can utilize the mobile by watching video lectures on YouTube or any educational website.
Candidates can apply for the exam by submitting the online application form. The form will be released on the official website of CEE. Candidates are required to fill their details very carefully as no correction window will be given to them for editing the details once the form is submitted. The form will ask for details such as- name, father’s name, dob, gender, category,educational qualification, among others.
The information given by the applicants must be correct or else their form will be rejected by the authority. Candidates also will be asked to upload their scanned photograph and signature while filling the form for KEAM 2021. It is mandatory for the students to pay the necessary application fee for the exam. Incomplete applications or those received without the application fee will be rejected by CEE. The form must be submitted on or before the due date specified by the authority.
|Engineering only/B.Pharm only/Both||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 300/-|
|Architecture only/ Medical and Allied only/ Both||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 200/-|
|Allofthe above||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 400/-|
- ST candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Those who have opted for Dubai as the exam center will have to pay additional fee of Rs. 12000/-.
Mode of payment:The fee can be paid online using credit card, debit card, net banking and offline using E-Challan.
Here are the eligibility conditions that the candidates must fulfil in order to appear in the KEAM 2023 entrance examination-
Nationality: Only Indian citizens /PIO/OCI can apply for the entrance.
Nativity: Candidates will be categorised as Keralite, Non-Keralite category-I (NKI) and Non-Keralite category-II (NKII).
|Keralite||Non-Keralite (NK-I)||Non-Keralite (NK-II)|
|1||Candidates who are domicile of Kerala||Candidate who has completed his/her education from Kerala and is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents working under Government of India/Defence service||Those who do not fall in the Keralite and Non-Keralite (NK-I) category comes under this category.|
|2||Children of All-India services officers allotted to Kerala cadre.||Candidate who has completed his/her education from Kerala and is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents working for Government of Kerala|
|3||Candidate who has been residing in Kerala for a period of 5 years within the period of 12 years of study|
|4||Candidates who has studied in Kerala from class 8th to 12th|
Age criteria: The age of the candidate must be at least 17 years as on 31st December 2023. No upper age limit is defined by CEE.
- MBBS/BDS/BSMS:Candidates should have passed class 12th exam with PCB subjects and have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB subjects all together. Additionally, they should have passed with 50% marks in Biology or Biotechnology separately. NEET score is mandatory for admission in this course.
- Sc (Hons.) Agriculture/forestry:Candidates should have passed HSE exam or its equivalent with 50% aggregate marks in PCB subject group and 50% marks in Biology separately.
- Tech:Candidates should have passed HSE exam or its equivalent from a recognised board. They should have secured 50% aggregate marks in PCM subject group.
- Arch:Applicants should have passed HSE exam or its equivalent with 50% aggregate marks and mathematics as one of the subjects. Admission will be given based on the NATA scores obtained by the candidates.
KEAM 2023 Admit card
- The admit card for entrance exam can be downloaded from the official website of CEE.
- To download the admit card, candidates will have to enter their application number and password.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to bring the printed copy of the admit card to the exam hall.
- On failing to produce the same, the candidate will not be permitted to enter the exam venue.
- No admit card will be sent to the candidates via post or means other than the online one.
Result and Counselling
- Candidates can check the result of KEAM 2023 on the official website of CEE i.e cee-kerala.org.
- The authority will also publish the answer keys for both the papers on its website.
- Candidates can raise an objection during the given time period. Once the deadline for raising the objection is passed, no further request shall be entertained by the authority.
- Based on the performance of the candidates in the exam, a rank list will be prepared by CEE.
- Candidates shortlisted as per the merit list will have to attend the counselling session where a seat will be allotted to them.
- Finally, candidates need to report to the allotted institute to complete admission related formalities.