KEAM 2022 will be conducted by the Commissioner of entrance examinations, Kerala for admission in different courses of engineering, architecture, pharmacy etc. offered by the colleges located in the state. Interested candidates need to fill the online application form for the same. The exam will be held in offline mode where the candidates will be given an OMR answer sheet to mark the answers. Candidates will get 150 minutes to finish each paper. Candidates will be given 2 hours 30 minutes to finish each paper i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. Engineering aspirants need to appear for both the papers and pharmacy candidates need to take Paper-I only.
- Candidates can apply for the exam only via online mode. No printed application form will be made available by the authority.
- Multiple applications should be avoided at all cost.
- Candidates except SC/ST/OEC category should submit the income certificate along with the application form for availing income-based fee concession/scholarship.
- Admission to Engineering courses will be given on the basis of merit by giving equal weightage of 50:50 to the marks obtained in the KEAM exam for Engineering (Paper I & Paper II), and the marks obtained for PCM in the final year of the qualifying examination.
- Admission in B.Arch program will be granted on the basis of NATA score obtained by the candidates.
- Admission to medical programs, agriculture, forestry, veterinary and fisheries courses will strictly be based on the NEET UG score secured by the candidates.
- Pharma aspirants only need to attempt Paper-I of the examination.
KEAM 2022 Important dates
The tentative dates for the KEAM exam are as follows-
|Application form availability||1st week of February 2022|
|Last date to submit the form||Last week of February 2022|
|Last date of receipt of the form with the documents||Last week of March 2022|
|Hall ticket releasing||2nd week of April 2022|
|Entrance exam date||3rd week of April 2022|
|Result announcement||May 2022|
|Commencement of counselling||4th week of June 2022|
KEAM 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for appearing in KEAM 2022 entrance exam is provided below-
- Only natives of Kerala can apply for the exam.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying exam from Kerala and are son/ daughter of Non-Keralite parents working under Government of India/ Defence Service, posted to Kerala or are serving/ served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years can also apply.
- Non-Keralite who has been residing in Kerala for minimum 5 years within the 12 years of study or has completed class 8th to class 12th from Kerala is eligible to apply.
Age criteria: The age of the applicants should not be less than 17 years old as on 31st December 2022. No upper age limit for engineering, architecture and pharmacy courses.
- MBBS, BDS, and BSMS: Candidates should have passed class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology and have obtained minimum 50% aggregate marks. Additional 50% marks are also required in the subject Biology/Biotechnology separately. NEET score is mandatory for admission.
- BAMS, BHMS: A pass in class 12th exam with 50% marks in Biology, and 50% marks in PCB taken together is required.
- BUMS: Candidates should have completed class 12th exam with PCB subjects and have secured 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in Biology separately. Additionally, a pass in Urdu or Arabic or Persian language in class 10th or in Urdu in the entrance exam conducted by the authorized board is also mandatory.
- Sc (Hons.)Agriculture, B.Sc (Hons) Forestry, BFSc : Applicants should have passed HSE exam with 50% marks in Biology, separately and 50% marks in PCB subject group taken together.
- & AH: Candidates should have secured not less than 50% aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the qualifying examination,
- Engineering: Candidates should have completed class 12th exam with PCM subject group and have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate. An additional pass in mathematics subject with minimum 50% marks is also required.
- Architecture: Candidates should have passed class 12th or equivalent with mathematics as compulsory subject and have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks. Those who have done diploma after class 10th with mathematics as a subject and 50% aggregate marks can also apply. A pass in NATA exam is also required.
- Pharma: Candidates should have passed HSE exam with minimum 50% marks in biology and mathematics separately and 50% marks in PCB/M in aggregate.
KEAM 2022 Application form
Candidates can fill the application form for KEAM exam only through online mode. They need to register themselves for the exam by providing their name, mobile number and email id. Once the registration is done, they will receive a unique application number which will be used for future logins. Candidates need to keep their documents handy while filling the form. The details in the form should be entered very carefully as once it is submitted successfully, no change request in the particular shall be entertained. Candidates need to take the printout of the application form and send it to the authority with the attested documents. The form should reach the authority on time to avoid getting rejection of the application. Candidates must pay the required amount of application fee for the exam. Incomplete application or those received without the application fee shall be rejected by the authority.
|A||Engineering only/ B.Pharma only/ both||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 300/-|
|B||Architecture only/ Medical and allied only/ both||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 200/-|
|C||Both A and B||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 400/-|
Note: Candidates can pay the application fee via E-Challan, credit card, debit card and internet banking.
KEAM 2022 Exam pattern
The exam pattern of KEAM 2022 examination is provided below-
- Exam mode: Pen and Paper-based mode
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes for each paper
- Total number of paper: two i.e. Paper-I (Physics and Chemistry) and Paper-II (Mathematics)
- Medium of instruction: English only
- Type of question: Objective type
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for correct answer.
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
|Paper||Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|I||Physics and Chemistry||120||480|
KEAM 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of KEAM exam will typically be based on the curriculum prescribed for higher secondary examination (class 12th). Candidates need to study PCM subjects to qualify the exam. Here are some of the key topics they must study-
- Mathematics: Algebra, trigonometry, geometry, calculus, and statistics.
- Physics: Motion in one dimension, motion in two dimension and three dimension, work, energy and power, laws of motion, gravitation, motion of system of particles and rigid body rotation, heat and thermodynamics, electrostatics, oscillations etc.
- Chemistry: Basic concepts and atomic structure, bonding and molecular structure, states of matter, periodic properties of elements and hydrogen, S-block elements and principle of metallurgy, P-block elements, d and f block elements, chemical equilibrium, thermodynamics, etc.
Preparation tips for KEAM 2022
Here are some useful preparation tips for the students through which they can score better marks in the exam-
- Make a timetable as per the time you can devote for studies. Do not procrastinate and focus on achieving the daily goals.
- Solve previous year papers to get an idea of the topics from where most of the questions are asked.
- Make short notes for quick revision.
- Do not forget to revise the topics you have studied the whole day.
- Never neglect your health and eat proper food to stay fit and healthy.
- The admit card for KEAM 2022 exam can be downloaded from the official website.
- Candidates need to take a printout of the admit card and preserve it for future reference.
- Candidates are supposed to go through the details printed on the admit card and report the discrepancy to the authority immediately if any is found.
- They must bring the admit card to the exam venue or else they won’t be permitted by the authority to take the test.
Result and Counselling
- The CEE, Kerala will publish the result of KEAM exam on its official website likely in the month of May 2022.
- Candidates can check their result by logging into their account.
- The commission will draw a merit list of the candidates to shortlist them for admission in relative courses.
- Different courses will have different merit list.
- Based on the merit rank, candidates will be called for the counselling procedure where they will be required to choose the course and college in which they seek admission.
- The counselling will take place through the single window system.
- After the counselling, the commission will allot a seat to them and the candidates need to report to the college allotted to them to finish the admission related formalities.