JNU Admission 2022-23: JNUEE 2022 Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria

JNU Admission 2022: Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) is the premier university that provides the interested candidates admission to various UG, PG and doctoral courses. For this, JNU conducts a university level entrance test called as Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam (JNUEE). The candidates who wish to take admissions in this university can fill the application form for this exam. This article provides the detailed information about JNU 2022 admission such as availability of form, eligibility, result, merit list, admission, etc.

JNUEE 2022 Exam Dates

Events Tentative Dates
Release of Online Application Form 3rd week of September 2021
Online Application Process End 3rd week of October 2021
Correction Window Open October 2021, 4th week
Admit Card Issue December 2021, 2nd week
Date of Exam (JNUEE) Last week of December 2021
Exam Date (CEEB) Last week of December 2021
Result Declaration for the programmes for which viva-voce is necessary February 2022, last week
CEEB Result & Choice Filling March 2022, 2nd week
Viva-Voce 3rd week of March 2022
Release of Merit List April 2022
Commencement of Registration for Admission 4th week of July 2022
Registration of Waiting List July 2022, last week
Admission Deadline 2nd week of August 2022

JNUEE 2022 Application Form

The application form for JNUEE 2022 can be filled online only. The candidates can get the form from the university’s official website. The candidates are required to enter all the necessary details asked in the form and upload the scanned images of their photograph & signature. The duly filled application form will be submitted along with the desired application fee. The applicants are suggested to take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.

The following is the structure of JNU entrance processing fee

Number of Choices M.Phil./M.Tech./MPH/PrePh.D./ Ph.D./M.A./M.Sc./M.C.A. B.A. (Hons.) 1st & 2nd year and all Part Time programmes Foreign Nationals
For 1 Choice Rs. 220/- Rs. 110/- Rs. 130/- Rs. 65/- Rs. 1650/-
For 2 Choices Rs. 430/- Rs. 215/- Rs. 250/- Rs. 125/- Rs. 3300/-
For 3 Choices Rs. 600/- Rs. 300/- Rs. 360/- Rs.180/- Rs. 4950/-

The fee structure of Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology Programmes is given below:

Category Fee
General/OBC Rs. 1000/-
SC/ST/PWD Rs. 500/-
Foreign Nationals Rs. 2640/-

Note: In both the cases, cost of application form (Rs. 200/-) plus transaction fee charged by bank is additional.

Candidates can fill maximum three fields of study in a single application form for the same level of programme. The candidature will be rejected, in case of submission of more than one application form for the same level of programme.

Approx. one week after the form submission procedure is done, correction window will open and the candidates can make modification in their forms if required. Note carefully that any correction will only be allowed till the window is open.

JNUEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria

For undergraduate course:

Course Eligibility Criteria
B.A. (Hons.) 1st year Those who have passed/appearing in 10+2 or equivalent exam with minimum 45% marks are eligible.

The candidates who have earned the certificate of Alimiah with at least 45% marks and passed English Language subject at senior secondary level can apply too.

B.A. (Hons.) 2nd year in German First year of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 50% marks under 10+2+3 pattern with proficiency in German is required.
B.A. (Hons.) 2nd year other than German First year of Bachelor’s degree equivalent with at least 45% marks under 10+2+3 pattern with proficiency in the concerned language is necessary.

For postgraduate course:

Course Eligibility Criteria
MCA The applicants should have passed BCA/B.Tech or equivalent with Mathematics in 10+2 or at the graduate level with a minimum of 55% marks.
M.Sc (Life Sciences) Bachelor’s of Science/Technology or equivalent in Physical, Agricultural or Biological, Sciences or Biotechnology with at least 55% marks under the 10+2+3 pattern.
M.A. in Economics (with Specialization in World Economy) The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree passed with minimum 50% aggregate marks in the any of the following:

a) Economics (Hons.) with Mathematics as a secondary subject

b) Mathematics (Hons.) with Economics as a secondary subject

c) Statistics (Hons.) with Mathematics and Economics as secondary subjects.


Any bachelor’s degree passed with Mathematics & Economics with at least 60% marks.

M.Tech/Ph.D. The applicant should hold Masters’ Degree in Computer Science /Mathematics/ Statistics/Operational Research/any branch of Science or Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering or MCA with at least 55% marks.

For doctoral courses:

Course Eligibility Criteria
Ph.D. (Direct Admission) 2-years M.Phil degree or 1-year M.Phil with one-year research experience and one publication.


Minimum 2-years research experience after Master’s degree or equivalent diploma with research publication is necessary.

The master’s degree must be passed with at least 55% marks.

M.Phil/Ph.D. & Ph.D. (Through JRF) Pass M.Sc in the relevant subject.

Candidates who have qualified for the examination for a fellowship through a national level written test, i.e. JRF category under CSIR/UGC NET-JRF/DBT-JRF (Category-I), ICMR-JRF, INSPIRE Fellowship, Ayush Fellowship, Bioinformatics National Certification (BINC) examination (conducted by DBT) or any other fellowship awarded from Government of India.

M.Phil/Ph.D. Passed master’s degree in the relevant discipline.

JNUEE 2022 Exam Pattern

The examination will be conducted in offline mode. The time provided for completing the examination will be 3 hours. Marking scheme is different for different courses and there will be negative marking for incorrect answers.

M.Sc. Environmental Sciences

The question paper will be of objective type and will be categorized into two parts. Part 1 will have questions from Science and Mathematics of 10+2 standard and Part 2 will consist of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Geology, Botany and Zoology of the B.Sc. level.


The paper will include multiple choice questions from General Aptitude and reasoning (20%) and 10+2/Graduate level Mathematics and Probability (80%).

M.A. in Economics (with Specialization in World Economy)

The paper will contain objective type questions of 100 marks related to microeconomics, macroeconomics, mathematics and statistics, International trade and some related disciplines, such as public economics and economic development.

B.A. (Hons.) 1st year in Foreign Languages

The paper will have questions from General English, General Knowledge, and Elementary Knowledge on the civilization and culture of the languages or the country concerned and aptitude for language skills.

B.A. (Hons.) 2nd year in Foreign Languages

The paper will test the knowledge of basic and applied grammar, besides some competence for simple translation from the language concerned into English and vice-versa and familiarity with the culture and civilization of the country concerned. The paper will be set in respective foreign language.

M.Phil/Ph.D. and M.Tech/Ph.D.

The question paper will consist multiple choice questions from Graduate/Postgraduate level Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science and General Aptitude.

JNUEE 2022 Admit Card

The admit card for JNU entrance examination will be uploaded on the official website of the university. The candidates can download their admit card by providing the required credentials and they will have to carry this along with them on the day of examination.

JNUEE 2022 Result

JNUEE 2022 result will be declared online. To check the result, the candidates will have to select programme of study and field of study. Candidates who qualify the written examination will be eligible for next round of selection process i.e. viva-voce. A final merit list will be prepared for candidates who clear all the rounds. Different merit list will be made for candidates belonging to different categories for each programme of study.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to toolbar