Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research will soon be inviting applications for JIPMER 2022 through which candidates can get admission in MBBS/BDS program offered by it. The authority will most probably release the online application form in the 1st week of March 2022. Applicants need to make sure that they fulfil the eligibility requirements laid down by the authority.The exam will be conducted in online mode and will be of 2 hours 30 minutes. There will be a provision of negative marking for choosing incorrect answer. Selection of the candidates will be done based on the performance of the candidates in the exam.
- Only online applications will be treated as a valid one. No printed applications will be considered for submission.
- Candidates must possess a valid email id and phone number to register for the exam. The authority will communicate with them via these modes in the future.
- It is compulsory for the candidates to pay the required sum as application fee. The fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates will undergo biometric authentication in the exam.
- The authority will draw a merit list stating the rank secured by the candidates. Selection of the candidates will be based on their merit rank.
JIPMER 2022 Important dates
The tentative schedule for JIPMER 2022 exam is as follows-
|Beginning of online registration||1st week of March 2022|
|Last date to register||2nd week of April 2022|
|Admit card publishing||May 2022|
|Exam date||1st week of June 2022|
|Result declaration||3rd week of June 2022|
|Commencement of counselling||July/August 2022|
|Last date of admission||Last week of September 2022|
|Beginning of classes||1st week of July 2022|
JIPMER 2022 Exam Pattern
Given below is the exam pattern of JIPMER 2022 examination-
- Exam mode:Computer-based mode
- Duration:2 hours 30 minutes
- Marking scheme:Every correct answer will fetch 4 marks
- Negative scheme:A penalty of 1 mark will be levied for each incorrect answer
- Type of questions:Multiple choice-based
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|English language and comprehension||10||40|
|Logical and quantitative reasoning||10||40|
JIPMER Syllabus 2022
To prepare for the exam, candidates need to study as per the curriculum prescribed for class 11th and class 12th respectively. Applicants are required to study physics, chemistry, and biology/biotechnology along with English and logical/quantitative reasoning. Here are the topics they need to prepare-
- Physics: Work, power and energy, gravitation, magnetic effects of current, laws of motion, current electricity, electromagnetic induction and magnetism, electromagnetic waves, waves and oscillations, optics, communication system etc.
- Chemistry: Polymers, biomolecules, electrochemistry, solutions, solid state, surface chemistry, d and f block elements, p-block elements, surface chemistry, coordination compound, haloalkanes and haloarenes, alcohol, phenol, and ethers etc.
- Biology: Genetics and evolution, reproduction, biology, and human welfare, ecology and environment etc.
- Logical and quantitative reasoning: Puzzle, syllogism, seating arrangement, analogy, classification, direction sense, blood relation etc.
- English: Comprehension, one-word substitution, synonym, antonym, fill in the blanks, sentence rearrangement, cloze test, etc.
JIPMER 2022 Application Form
To apply for JIMPER, candidates need to fill the online application form by visiting the official website of the same. The form will ask for details such as- name, email id, phone number, gender, category, address, educational details among others. These details must be entered correctly. In case a candidate makes a mistake but has submitted the form, then he/she needs to fill a fresh one. Candidates who give incorrect information will be disqualified from taking the exam. Applicants will need to upload scanned photograph and signature in the form.The application must be submitted on or before the due date specified by the authority to avoid disappointment. Incomplete application or applications received without the application fee shall be rejected by the authority. No application correction window shall be provided to the candidates once the form is submitted successfully.
The category-wise application fee for JIPMER MBBS is given in the table-
|Category||Fee to be paid|
|General, OBC, P-OBC and P-UR candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ST and P-SC/ST candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
|NRI/OCI candidates||Rs. 3000/-|
|OPH and P-OH candidates||Exempted|
Mode of payment: Payment of the application fee can be done online using credit card, net banking and debit card.
JIPMER Eligibility criteria 2022
It is important for the candidates to fulfill the necessary eligibility conditions for appearing in the JIPMER 2022 examination for MBBS/BDS admission-
Nationality: Indian Nationals/OCI/PIO can apply for the exam.
Age criteria: A candidates must be at least 17 years old as on 31st December 2022. There is no upper age limit defined by the authority.
- Candidates should have passed class 12th exam or its equivalent with PCB/Biotechnology or any other elective along with English as a subject.
- OCI and NRI candidates are required to produce eligibility certificate from the association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Applicants should have scored at least 60% marks in aggregate. Candidates from OPH/OBC/ST/ST categories need to secure only 50% aggregate marks to be eligible for JIPMER MBBS.
JIPMER Admit card 2022
- The admit card for JIPMER 2022 can be downloaded only through online mode. No admit card shall be sent by post or any other mode.
- Candidates must carry the printed copy of the admit card along with a valid govt. ID proof to the exam venue,
- Those who do not possess the admit card will not be allowed to take the test.
- The details in the hall ticket should be checked thoroughly and any discrepancy must be reported immediately.
- Candidates can check their result from the official website of JIPMER i.e jipmer.edu.in.
- A merit list will be displayed on the website stating the name and roll number of the candidates who are shortlisted for admission.
- The list will be prepared keeping in mind the scores secured by the applicants.
- Selected candidates will be invited to attend the counselling process where a seat will be allotted to them according to different factors.
- Candidates will also go through the document verification where they need to produce their original documents for verification. Only verified candidates will be given admission.