JEXPO 2021 will be conducted by the West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development (WBSCT &VE& SD) for admission in different diploma courses offered by the polytechnic colleges in the state. Candidates can enroll themselves in various programmes of engineering, technology and architecture by taking the entrance test. Selection of the candidates will solely be done on the basis of marks obtained by them in JEXPO 2021 exam.
The application form will likely be released in the last week of January 2021. Before moving to the application form, candidates should go through the eligibility criteria laid down by the council in order to take the test. Ineligible candidates won’t be permitted to appear for the exam. The exam will be conducted in offline mode where the candidates will be provided with an OMR answer sheet to mark the answers. The total duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
JEXPO 2021 Exam Highlights
- Candidates can opt for the online form or offline form as per their convenience.
- The offline application form can be purchased in cash from any government or govt. sponsored and other self-financed polytechnic institutes located in the state.
- Kanyashree enrollees will get 50% waiver in the cost of application form, the registration fee and the counselling fee for JEXPO 2021.
- The minimum percentage required to apply for the exam is 35% marks in aggregate.
- To qualify the exam, candidates need to prepare for the exam as per the syllabus prescribed for class 10th.
- There will be no negative marking in the exam. Candidates should attempt as many questions as they can to score good marks.
- SC / ST / OBC candidates belonging to other states i.e. outside West Bengal will be treated under the ‘general’ category candidates.
- Candidates should be medically fit, free from color blindness and be able to pursue a technical course in order to be eligible for admission in a concerned discipline.
JEXPO 2021 Important Dates
The tentative dates for JEXPO examination are given below-
|Releasing of application form||Last week of January 2021|
|Last date to submit the form||1st week of March 2021|
|Releasing of admit card||1st week of April 2021|
|Examination date||Last week of April 2021|
|Result announcement||3rd week of May 2021|
|Commencement of counselling||June 2021|
JEXPO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for JEXPO examination are provided below-
- Nationality: Only Indian Nationals are eligible to appear for JEXPO 2021 examination.
- Age criteria: Candidates should not have been born after 1st July 2006. There is no upper age limit to apply for the exam.
- Educational qualification: Candidates should have passed the secondary school examination with English, Physical science/ science and Mathematics among the others as subjects from a recognized board. They should have scored at least 35% aggregate marks.
JEXPO 2021 Application form
The application form for JEXPO will be made available in online and offline mode. Candidates can obtain the offline form from the government, govt. sponsored and self-financed polytechnic colleges in the state. The form will likely be released in the last week of January 2021. To fill the online form, candidates need to visit the official website of the council. They should keep their documents handy while filling the form.
The details in the form will include-name, gender, category, father’s name, educational qualification, and other relevant details. The information provided in the form should be correct as per the knowledge of the candidates. Applicants need to pay a requisite amount of application fee for the exam otherwise their applications will be rejected by the authority. The form should be submitted or sent before the deadline given by the authority to avoid last-minute disappointment.
Application fee: For online form, candidates need to pay Rs. 450/- as the application fee. However, Kanyashree enrollees need to pay only Rs. 225/-. In case the candidates purchase the offline application form, they need to pay Rs. 500/- and Kanyashree enrollees are required to pay Rs. 250/- for the same.
Mode of payment: The payment of the application fee can be done in cash or in online mode English. through credit card, debit card and net banking.
JEXPO 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can note down the JEXPO exam pattern as provided below-
- Exam mode: Offline (OMR based)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Language: English
- Type of questions: Objective type (MCQ based)
- Total papers: Two English. paper-I (Mathematics) and paper-II (Physics and Chemistry)
- Total marks: each paper will carry 100 marks
- Negative marking: Not applicable
JEXPO 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of JEXPO examination will typically be based on the level of class 10th. Candidates need to study Mathematics and Physical science/science to ace the exam. Here are the topics they must prepare-
Mathematics: Real numbers, laws of indices, graph, co-ordinate geometry – distance formula, linear simultaneous equations, properties of parallelogram, polynomial, factorization, transversal & mid-point theorem, profit & loss, statistics, area of circular region, co-ordinate geometry, ratio and proportion, compound interest and uniform rate of increase or decrease, theorems related to cyclic quadrilateral, sphere, trigonometric ratios and trigonometric identities, application of trigonometric ratios, statistics and numerical aptitude etc.
Physical science: Measurement, work, power & energy, sound, heat, force & motion, atomic structure, mole concept, matter, solution, acids, bases & salts, separation of components of mixtures, water, ionic and covalent bonding, chemical calculations, thermal phenomena, current electricity, electricity and chemical reactions, behavior of gases, light, inorganic chemistry in the laboratory and in industry, periodic table and periodicity of the properties of elements, metallurgy, atomic nucleus, organic chemistry and general awareness etc.
How to prepare for JEXPO examination?
- Prepare a practical timetable that you can follow easily. Stick to it no matter what.
- Choose only a few reference books to study otherwise it will just confuse you more.
- Go through the previous year question paper and practice solving them on regular basis.
- Avoid distraction such as mobile phone, social media etc. However, you may utilize the mobile phone by watching useful lectures on YouTube if you don’t understand any chapter in the book.
- Eat healthy food and indulge in sports activities to freshen up your mind.
- The admit card for JEXPO 2021 examination can be downloaded from the official website of the council.
- The authority will most likely release the hall ticket a few weeks prior to the examination.
- It is compulsory for the applicants to carry the admit card to the exam hall on the day of the exam.
- The admit card will contain the name of the candidates, date of the exam, reporting time among other relevant information.
- No damage should be done to the admit card under any circumstances.
- A candidate who does not possess a valid hall ticket shall not be given the entry to the exam hall.
Result and counselling
- To select the candidates for admission, the council will publish a merit list on its official website.
- The merit list will be drawn according to the marks obtained by the candidates in the JEXPO exam.
- Candidates can download their result from the official web portal. No rank cards will be issued to the candidates individually or otherwise.
- Candidates whose name appears in the merit list will be called for the counselling procedure where a seat will be allotted to them as per their merit rank among other factors.
- Candidates need to report to the college allotted to them during counselling to finish the admission related formalities.