National Testing Agency (NTA) will be organizing JEE Main 2022 for admission in various engineering/technology and architecture courses provided by the colleges across the nation. The exam will be held in two sessions i.e. January and April to give the candidates a chance to obtain a better score in order to secure admission in the reputed engineering institutes in the country. Interested candidates can apply for JEE Main by filling the online application form.
Before proceeding for the form, students should make sure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria laid down by the NTA to appear for the exam. The exam will be conducted in computer-based mode and candidates will get a total of 3 hours to finish the test. Candidates can apply to different colleges based on the scores secured in JEE Main or they can register for the counselling process conducted by different bodies.
JEE Main 2022 Updates
- Students can obtain the application form of JEE Main only through online mode. No printed application will be released by the authority regarding the exam.
- Candidates are suggested to submit their applications on time to avoid last-minute inconvenience or technical problems.
- Students should keep a valid email id and mobile number as the authority will communicate to them via these mediums in the future.
- Only one application has to be submitted by the candidates. Multiple applications will be rejected by the authority.
- NTA will hand over the data to candidates who have qualified the exam to the centralized seat allocation board (CSAB)/JoSAA or the concerned State government/institute for seat allocation process and admission procedure.
- Selection of the candidates will be subjected to the marks obtained by the candidates in JEE Main exam, eligibility, availability of seats, choices opted during counselling and other parameters.
JEE Main 2022 Important dates
The tentative schedule for JEE Main 2022 exam is as follows-
|Events||January session||April session|
|Online submission of application form||September 2021||2nd week of February 2022|
|Last date of online submission of application form||Last week of September 2021||1st week of March 2022|
|Last date to pay the application fee||1st week of October 2021||2nd week of March 2022|
|Application correction window||2nd week of October 2021||3rd week of March 2022|
|Admit card releasing date||November 2021||3rd week of March 2022|
|Examination date||1st week of January 2022||1st week of April 2022|
|Result announcement||Last week of January 2022||Last week of April 2022|
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Conditions
Given below is the eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Main exam-
- Age limit: NTA has not specified any age limit for taking the JEE Main exam.
- Educational qualification: Students should have passed class 12th exam or its equivalent exam with physics, mathematics and any one of given subjects- chemistry/ biotechnology/ biology/ technical vocational subject. Architecture aspirants must have studied mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Year of appearance in qualifying examination (QE): Candidates who have passed class 12th examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 only can apply for the entrance exam. Those who have passed the said exam in 2017 as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2021 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2020.
- Number of subjects in QE: Students must have taken minimum 5 subjects in class 12th or its equivalent exam.
JEE Main 2022 Application form
To fill the application form, students are required to register themselves for JEE Main 2022 using their details such as mobile number, email id etc. After the registration is done, they will receive a unique application number which they need to use while logging into the official website. The details in the application form should be entered with extreme care. If at any stage, the information provided by the candidates is found to be misleading, then the candidates will be disqualified from taking the exam.
Candidates also need to upload their scanned photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format. They must pay the requisite amount of application fee for the exam. Incomplete application form or applications received without the fee shall be rejected by the authority. Candidates will be able to make corrections in their form with the help of application correction window. No changes in the form shall be allowed once the window closes.
|For exam centers in India|
|Paper (Appearing)||General/ OBC||SC/ST/ PWD/ Girls/ Transgender|
|Paper-I or Paper-II only||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-|
|Both Paper-I and Paper-II||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 450/-|
|For exam centers in foreign country|
|Paper (Appearing)||General/ OBC||SC/ST/ PWD/ Girls/ Transgender|
|Paper-I or Paper-II only||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|Both Paper-I and Paper-II||Rs. 3000/-||Rs. 1500/-|
Mode of payment: The stated application fee can be paid through credit card, debit card, E-Challan and net banking. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
JEE Main 2022 Exam pattern
Candidates can take a look at the exam pattern given below to know the structure of the exam-
- Exam mode: Online
- Language: English, Hindi and Gujarati
- Papers: Paper-I (for engineering) and Paper-II (for architecture)
- Duration: 3 hours
- Total number of questions: 30 questions in each section
- Total marks: 360 marks
- Marking scheme: +4 marks will be given for each correct response
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response
And Aptitude test
JEE Main syllabus is based on the curriculum prescribed for class 11th and 12th. Here are some of the key topics that the candidates need to study to crack the exam-
- Arch/B.Plan aptitude test: Awareness of places, buildings, persons, analytical reasoning, mental ability, three-dimensional perception, etc
- Chemistry: Hydrogen, carbon, solid state, liquid state, gaseous state, s and p block elements, polymers, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, environmental chemistry etc.
- Physics: Thermodynamics, current electricity, work, power and energy, magnetic effects of current, laws of motion, kinematics, gravitation etc.
- Mathematics: Sets, relations and mapping, matrices and determinants, integral calculus, permutation and combination, complex number, quadratic equation, etc.
Here are some useful preparation tips to crack the JEE Main 2022 exam with flying colors-
- Make a daily routine and stick to it no matter what. The timetable should be prepared keeping in mind your learning capacity.
- Stick to a few basic books and revise them over and over.
- Cover the basic concepts from NCERTs first and then proceed for other reference books.
- Do not skip meals just for the sake of exam. Keep your mind fresh and stress-free whenever you sit for studies.
- Solve online mock test regularly to increase your efficiency in answering the questions on time.
- Never forget to revise the topics studied on a particular day.
JEE Main 2022 Admit card
- The admit card for JEE Main can be downloaded from the official website of JEE Main or NTA.
- Candidates need to take a printout copy of the admit card and keep it safe for future use.
- They should cross-check the details printed on the admit card and report the discrepancies if any is found.
- Those who do not produce the admit card on the day of the exam will not be allowed to take the test.
- No overwriting or any damage should be done to the hall ticket as such hall tickets will be rejected by the authority.
JEE Main 2022 Result
- The result of JEE Main 2022 will be announced most probably in the 1st week of January 2022 and 1st week of April 2022 for the subsequent sessions.
- Candidates can check their result and download the score card by accessing the official web portal of JEE Main or through NTA.
- The result won’t be re-evaluated once it is published on the official website. No such request shall be entertained by the authority in this regard.
- NTA will distribute the result to the concerned counselling conducting bodies for seat allotment and admission process through which the students can enroll themselves in a college.