National Testing Agency (NTA) will soon be inviting the applications for admission in engineering and architecture programs offered by the colleges/universities across the nation. Students need to apply for JEE Main 2021 in order to be eligible for admission.The authority will release the application form for two sessionsi.e February and April session. Candidates can apply for both the sessions to improve their scores.
The exam will be conducted in online mode where students will be allotted a computer system to mark the answers of the questions displayed on their screen. The total duration of exam will be 3 hours. A merit list will be prepared by the authority to shortlist the candidates for admission. The merit list will strictly be made keeping in mind the scores obtained by the candidates in the exam.
NTA has released the application form on 16th December 2020.
NTA has removed the official notification regarding JEE Main 2021. The authority may release official notification soon.
JEE Main 2021 application form is releasing on 15th December 2020- as per the latest JEE Main 2021 notification.
JEE Main 2021- Highlights
Students are suggested to go through the key highlights of the JEE Main examination as provided below-
- The applications for JEE Main exam will only be made available in online mode. NTA will not release printed applications in this regard.
- Students must possess a valid email id and mobile number to register for the exam. NTA will use these mediums to communicate with the candidates.
- Candidates who will appear in the January session can apply for the April session to improve their scores.
- Filling of multiple application formsis strictly prohibited by the authority.
- The authority will prepare a merit list based on the best of two NTA scores if the candidates have given the exam for both the sessions.
- Candidates may appear in Paper 1 and/or Paper 2 depending upon the course theywish to pursue.
- Based on the performance in JEE Main, top candidates will be eligible for JEE Main (advanced) as per its requirements.
- NTA will hand over the result to the centralized counselling bodies CSAB/JoSAA and concerned state counselling bodies for seat allotment and admission.
The official schedule of JEE Main 2021 is as follows-
|Events||January session||April session|
|Application form availability||16th December 2020||2nd week of February 2021|
|Last date of form submission||16th January 2021||1st week of March 2021|
|Last date for application fee payment||—||2nd week of March 2021|
|Application correction window||18th -21st January 2021||3rd week of March 2021|
|Admit card downloading||—||3rd week of March 2021|
|Exam date||22nd – 25th February 2021||1st week of April 2021|
|Result declaration (Paper-I)||—||Last week of April 2021|
|Result declaration (Paper-II)||—||3rd week of May 2021|
Given below is the exam pattern of JEE Main-
- Exam mode:Online (except drawing test for paper-II)
- Language:English, Hindi and Gujarati
- Duration:3 hours
- Total number of papers:Two i.e Paper-I (Engineering) and Paper-II (Architecture)
- Total number of questions:30 questions in each section
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks:360 marks
- Marking scheme:4 marks will be given for each correct answer
- Negative marking:1 mark will be deducted as a penalty for incorrect answer
|Paper-I (B.E/B.Tech)||PCM||CBT||3 hours|
|Drawing test||Pen and Paper based|
The syllabus of JEE Main 2021 will strictly be based on the curriculum prescribed for class 11th and class 12th respectively. Here are the topics that the students must go through in order to crack the exam-
- Physics:Work, power and energy, thermodynamics, current electricity, laws of motion, kinematics, gravitation, magnetic effects of current, waves and oscillations, alternating currents, electrostatics, etc.
- Mathematics:Vector algebra, probability, mathematical induction, matrices and determinants, trigonometry, coordinate geometry, statistics, etc.
- Chemistry:Classification of elements, solutions, atomic structure, redox reactions, chemical bonding, surface chemistry, biomolecules, chemistry in everyday life, hydrocarbons, etc.
Important preparations tips
To crack the exam with flying colours, candidates should go through the given tips-
- Start your preparation by studying NCERTs as the source of reference. Once you’re done with the NCERTs then only go for the advance books.
- Solve online test series to get a hands-on experience of the exam.
- Do not forget to revise the topics you have studied.
- Stay away from mobile phone, social media and other things that can break your concentration.
- Only use a few books for preparation rather than wasting time in collecting books.
The application form for JEE Main 2021 can only be filled via online mode. Candidates need to visit the official website of NTA to fill the form.The form will include the details such as name, father’s name, gender, category, nationality, educational qualification, payment details etc. Candidates need to fill these details very carefully. They will also be required to upload their scanned photograph and signature in the form.
However, in case of mistake in the form, they can edit the same through the application correction window provided by the NTA. If at any stage, the information given by the candidates is found to be incorrect or misleading, then the candidates will be disqualified from taking the exam. It is mandatory for the applicants to pay the required application fee for the exam. The form received without the stated fee or incomplete form will be rejected by the authority. Candidates should submit the form on or before the due date given by the authority to avoid disappointment.
|Exam center- India|
|Exam||General and OBC candidates||SC/ST/PWD/Girls/Transgender|
|Either paper-I or paper-II||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-|
|Both paper-I and paper-II||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 450/-|
|Exam center-Foreign country|
|Exam||General and OBC candidates||SC/ST/PWD/Girls/Transgender|
|Either paper-I or paper-II||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|Both paper-I and paper-II||Rs. 3000/-||Rs. 1500/-|
Mode of payment
The payment of the application fee can be made through credit card, debit card, net banking and E-Challan. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
The eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Main 2021 examination can be checked from here-
- Age limit: There is no age restriction for appearing in the exam.
- Year of appearance in qualifying examination:Candidates who have passed class 12th in 2019 or 2020 or appearing in class 12th in 2021 can apply for the exam.
- Qualifying examination:Students should have passed class 12th exam or its equivalent from a recognised board with PCM subject group are eligible to apply.
- Number of subjects in qualifying exam:Candidates should have taken at least 5 subjects in the qualifying exam in order to be eligible for JEE Main exam.
- Candidates can download the admit card of JEE Main 2021 from the official website of NTA.
- They need to take a printout of the form and keep it safe till the admission process is over.
- It is compulsory for the students to carry the admit card and a valid id proof at the exam center. Failing which they won’t be given the entry to the exam hall.
- Any discrepancy in the hall ticket should be communicated to the authorities immediately.
- There should be no overwriting or damage done to the admit card.
- JEE Main result will be announced on the official website of NTA i.e. nta.ac.in.
- Candidates can check their results by login into the website using the details obtained at the time of registration.
- No request for re-evaluation of the result will be entertained by the authority once it is published on the website.
- NTA will share the results with the concerned counselling bodies for allotment of seats and admission process by which candidates can enroll themselves in the relevant engineering/architecture course.