IGNOU Admission 2022: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is the most famous distance learning university in India. It offers a wide range of UG, PG and Research courses under its curriculum. IGNOU has a large no. of regional and study centers all over India and abroad as well. The admissions to various courses are conducted twice a year i.e. in January session and July session. The candidates aspiring admission can download the prospectus from the official website and apply accordingly. The prospectus and application forms will also be available at the nearest regional center of IGNOU; interested candidates can apply from regional centres as well.
IGNOU 2022 Important Dates
The entrance exam of IGNOU is conducted twice a year. The tentative schedule for the sessions of 2022 is given in the table below:
|Entrance Exams||Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|B.Ed. & B.Sc. Nursing||Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of August 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||2nd week of September 2021|
|Date of Examination||4th week of September 2021|
|Result Declaration||Last week of November 2021|
|OPENMAT XV||Release of Application form||1st week of July 2021|
|Last date of submit application form||3rd week of December 2021|
|Date of Examination||1st week of February 2022|
|Result Declaration||Last week of March 2022|
|M.Phil & Ph.D.||Release of Application form||3rd week of July 2022|
|Last date of submit application form||Last week of July 2022|
|Availability of Admit card||2nd week of August 2022|
|Date of Examination||1st week of August 2022|
|Result Declaration||4th week of September 2022|
IGNOU 2022 Application form
- The University will publish a common prospectus for all the courses in the month of January 2022. Candidates are advised to read the prospectus completely before applying to any course.
- The application form will be available in both online and offline mode.
- As IGNOU offers a very large no. of courses, the university will release the application form for different courses on different dates.
- While applying online, candidates have to register themselves using a phone number and email id.
- After registration, the applicants have to fill in all the personal and academic details.
- The Candidate will also be required to upload the scanned copy of a photograph, identity proof, signature and certificates of education.
- If any candidate is willing to apply offline then he/she have to fill and submit the form at the nearest regional centre.
IGNOU 2022 Application Fee
- The application fee for IGNOU admission 2022 will be Rs. 200 per course.
- Candidates can pay the application fee in both offline and online mode.
- In an offline mode of payment, candidates have to submit a bank Demand draft in favour of IGNOU payable at the city of exam centre.
- Aspirants can use Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking/and PNB ATM card while making payment in online mode.
IGNOU 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for various courses under IGNOU are given below:
|MCA||The candidate must be a graduate and must have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level|
|MBA||Candidate must have completed graduation from a recognized university. Applicants in the final year can also apply.|
|MA||The applicant must have a bachelors or higher degree in the relevant subject.|
|B.Sc||10+2 or equivalent from science stream|
|BA/B.Com/BSW||10+2 or equivalent from a relevant stream or BPP from IGNOU|
|Diploma in Tourism Studies/Diploma in Dairy Technology||Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent or BPP from IGNOU|
|PG Diploma in Rural Development||Applicant must be graduate|
IGNOU Syllabus 2022
As IGNOU caters a very large number of courses, the exam pattern and syllabus will also vary according to the programme chosen by the candidates. The applicants can check the syllabus and exam pattern from the prospectus. IGNOU will publish syllabus for all the subjects on their official website. However, the general topics that will be covered in most of the exams are
- Quantitative analysis.
- Logical reasoning.
- General Knowledge etc.
IGNOU Admit Card 2022
The admit card for all the entrance exams will be issued by IGNOU at least two weeks prior to the date of examination.
IGNOU will send admit cards to candidates. However, if any candidates fail to receive an admit card then he/she can download it from the official website. The admit card is a mandatory document that will be required at the examination venue.
IGNOU Result 2022
The result will be available only in online mode. The candidates have to enter their registration number or hall ticket number in order to view their result. Generally, the result is published by the university within a few days of entrance exam.
IGNOU Counselling 2022
The admission process will start within a few days of the declaration of result. The shortlisted listed candidates will be called for choice filling on the basis of merit. The counseling session will be held at respective regional centers of IGNOU.
After the verification of documents, admission will be confirmed and the candidates will be informed by email and SMS on their registered mobile number and email-id.