Candidates preparing for ICAR AIEEA exam should know the syllabus for the concerned UG and PG entrance exam. Through ICAR AIEEA syllabus, candidates can get an idea on the important topics they need to go through in order to crack the exam with flying colors. The syllabus for UG and PG entrance exam varies accordingly. For master’s programme, candidates should prepare the concerned UG subject of that particular course. The syllabus will help the candidates in planning an effective strategy to qualify the exam.
ICAR AIEEA syllabus
The AIEEA syllabus differs for different courses. ICAR provides the complete syllabus for all the courses for which it conducts the entrance examination. To fetch good marks in the exam, candidates should stick to the syllabus prescribed by the authority. Given below is the ICAR AIEEA syllabus for UG and PG programmes offered by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
ICAR AIEEA UG syllabus
For UG entrance exam, candidates need to prepare Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics and Agriculture of 10+2 level. Here are the topics they need to cover under these subjects-
Physics: Physical world and measurement, properties of bulk matter, thermodynamics, behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory, oscillations and waves, laws of motion, kinematics, motion of system of particles and rigid body, work, energy and power, gravitation, electromagnetic induction and alternating current, electromagnetic waves, optics, dual nature of matter and radiation, electrostatics, current electricity, magnetic effects of current and magnetism, atoms and nuclei, electronic devices, and communication systems.
Biology: The living world, unit of life, multicellularity-plant life, multicellularity- animal life, continuity of life, origin and evolution of life, diversity of life, organisms and environment, application of biology.
Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, solid state, solutions, structure of atom, classification of elements and periodicity in properties, chemical bonding and molecular structure, states of matter-gases and liquids, thermodynamics, equilibrium, chemical kinetics, surface chemistry, general principles and processes of isolation of metals, P-block elements, group 16 elements, group 17 elements, group 18 elements, d and f block elements, coordination compounds, Redox reactions, hydrogen, S-block elements, preparation and properties of some important compounds, some P-block elements, group 14 elements, organic chemistry, hydrocarbons, electrochemistry, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, alcohols, phenols and ether, aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acid, organic compound containing nitrogen, biomolecules, polymers, environmental chemistry, and chemistry in everyday life.
Mathematics: Sets, relations and functions, permutation and combination, binomial theorem, sequence and series, matrices, determinants, straight lines, conic section, trigonometric functions, principles of mathematical induction, complex number and quadratic equations, linear inequalities, introduction to 3D geometry, limits and derivatives, continuity and differentiability, applications of derivatives, integrals, applications of the integrals, differential equations, vectors, 3D geometry, linear programming, mathematical reasoning, statistics, probability, statics, dynamics.
Agriculture: Agrometeorology, genetics and plant breeding, biochemistry and microbiology, livestock production, crop production, horticulture.
ICAR AIEEA PG syllabus
The syllabus for AIEEA PG entrance exam is typically based on the UG level of the subject in which a candidate wishes to pursue his/her master’s degree program. Here is the syllabus for some of the major subjects-
- Plant biotechnology: Plant biochemistry, biochemistry, plant biotechnology and molecular biology/biotechnology, plant, and crop physiology.
- Plant sciences: Plant breeding & genetics, plant pathology, agricultural microbiology/microbiology, seed science & technology, plant genetic resource.
- Physical science: Agricultural/agro. meteorology, soil science & agricultural chemistry/ soil conservation and water management/ SWC/ irrigation and water management, agricultural physics, agricultural chemicals, environmental science.
- Entomology and Nematology: Agricultural/ horticultural entomology, nematology, apiculture, sericulture, plant protection.
- Agronomy: Agronomy, tea husbandry, and technology.
- Social sciences: Agricultural economics, dairy economics, agriculture extension/extension education/ communication, dairy extension education.
- Statistical sciences: Agricultural statistics, computer application, bioinformatics.
- Horticulture: Horticulture, vegetable crops or sci. / olericulture, pomology/ fruit sci., fruit sci. and horticulture technology, post-harvest technology of horticultural crops, floriculture & landscaping architecture, plantation spices, medicinal and aromatic crops.
- Forestry/agroforestry & silviculture: Forest production & utilization, silviculture & agroforestry, tree physiology and breeding, agroforestry, forest NRM/forest mgmt. & utilization, plantation technology, wildlife science (forestry), wood science.
- Agricultural engineering and technology: Soil & water conservation engineering/soil & water engineering, irrigation drainage engineering /irrigation water management engineering, post-harvest technology/ processing and food engineering, farm machinery and power engineering, renewable energy engineering.
- Water science and technology: Water science and technology
- Home science: Food & nutrition, human development & family studies, home management/family resource management, clothing & textile/ textile & apparel designing, home science extension/ education, extension & community management.
- Animal biotechnology: Animal biotechnology, veterinary/animal biochemistry.
- Veterinary science: Veterinary anatomy/ veterinary anatomy & histology, veterinary gynaecology and obstetrics/animal reproduction, vety. medicine (clinical/preventive), veterinary parasitology, veterinary pharmacology and toxicology, veterinary pathology, wildlife science/ wildlife health mgt., virology, vety. Immunology, veterinary microbiology & immunology/bacteriology, veterinary surgery & radiology, veterinary public health & epidemiology/vety. Public, health/vety.epidemiology/ vety. epidemiology & preventive medicine.
- Animal sciences: Animal husbandry/dairy science, animal genetics & breeding, animal nutrition, /animal physiology, livestock production management, livestock products technology, poultry science, vety. & animal husbandry extension, livestock/ veterinary/ animal husbandry economics, bio-statistics.
- Fisheries science: Fisheries sciences/fish environment management, fisheries resource, management, aquaculture, fish processing technology/fish PHT, fish physiology & biochemistry , aquatic animal health management, fisheries extension, aquatic environment management, fish genetics/ breeding / biotechnology, fish nutrition & feed technology, fish economics, fish engineering & technology.
- Dairy science: Dairy microbiology, dairy chemistry.
- Dairy technology: Dairy technology and engineering.
- Food science technology: Food technology/food science & technology, food safety & quality assurance, food science & nutrition.
- Agri-business management: Agricultural business management and agricultural marketing and cooperation.