Candidates wishing to appear for the entrance exam conducted by ICAR for various UG and PG courses must go through the ICAR AIEEA exam pattern to understand the scheme of the exam. The exam pattern will help the candidates in developing an effective strategy to crack the exam. Candidates can prepare a daily routine for exam preparation keeping in mind the syllabus and exam pattern specified by the council.
ICAR AIEEA exam pattern will address the basic questions related to the exam such as exam mode, marking scheme, distribution of marks, language in which the questions will be asked etc. The exam will be conducted in OMR based mode. The total duration of the exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes for both AIEEA UG and PG entrance exam.
ICAR AIEEA Exam Pattern
In order to gain an edge over their competitors, candidates should take a thorough look at the exam pattern with the help of which they can get an idea of the exam. The exam pattern for UG and PG courses are provided below-
- Exam mode: The exam will be held in offline mode where an OMR answer sheet and question booklet will be provided to the candidates.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes will be given to the candidates to complete the test.
- Language: Questions in the exam will be set on English and Hindi languages only.
- Type of questions: There will be objective type questions asked in the exam
- Total marks: For UG courses, the total marks will be 720 and for PG, it’ll be 650 marks for each major subject-group paper.
- Total number of questions: For UG exam, candidates have to attempt 180 questions and in PG exam, 150 questions will be asked.
- Marking scheme: 4 marks shall be awarded for every correct MCQ answer. Marking the correct cross-matching answer will earn 5 marks in PG entrance exam.
- Negative marking: There is a provision of negative marking in the exam. For each incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score. Hence, candidates should keep in mind to mark the answers very carefully. 0.2 marks will be deducted for choosing incorrect cross-matching answer in PG entrance exam.
Marks distribution for UG courses
|Subject (any three)||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
Note: Only 180 questions have to be attempted by the candidates.
Subject list for PG entrance exam
|Subjects||Number of questions||Subjects||Number of questions|
|Plant biotechnology||150||Water science and technology||150|
|Plant sciences||150||Home science||150|
|Physical sciences||150||Animal biotechnology||150|
|Entomology and Nematology||150||Veterinary science||150|
|Social sciences||150||Fisheries science||150|
|Statistical sciences||150||Dairy science||150|
|Forestry, Agroforestry and Silviculture||150||Food science technology||150|
|Agricultural engineering and technology||150||Agribusiness management||150|
About ICAR AIEEA Exam pattern
ICAR AIEEA UG and PG entrance exam will be offline exam where the candidates are given the question booklet and OMR answer sheet to mark the answers. For UG admission, candidates need to attempt three subjects out of the five choices given to them. For each question, there are four choices given for the answers and candidates have to choose the correct one by darkening the bubbles. For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score. The circles should be darkened properly. The answer once marked by the candidates cannot be changed thereafter. Candidates should note that multiple marking will be considered wrong and will result in the deduction of marks. After the commencement of exam, candidates need to submit their answer sheet to the invigilator and leave the exam hall.
The syllabus for UG exam will be based on the curriculum prescribed for class 11th and 12th. Candidates can go through the NCERTs to prepare for the UG entrance exam. For PG exam, candidates need to study the concerned UG subject in which they wish to pursue master’s degree programme. Questions in PG entrance exam shall be asked according to the UG level of education received by the candidates.
Important tips for exam
Given below are some useful tips for the exam that candidates must go through-
- Candidates should reach the exam venue at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam. Latecomers won’t be given the entry to the exam hall once the exam begins.
- Baggage with expensive items, study materials, electronic gadgets, Smartwatch etc is strictly prohibited inside the exam hall.
- Candidates can only bring the admit card and valid govt. id proof to the exam hall.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave their seat before the exam is over. Candidates can leave the seats only when instructed by the center in-charge/invigilator.
- Candidates suffering from diabetes can carry eatables like sugar tablets, fruits, and transparent water bottle. However, no packed food is allowed inside the exam hall.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Will there be cross-matching type questions in ICAR AIEEA UG exam?
No, the cross-matching type questions will only be asked in PG entrance exam. In UG entrance exam, only the MCQs based question will be asked.
- Can visually challenge or blind students ask for extra time in the exam?
For visually challenged and blind candidates, the authority will provide 50 minutes of extra time to complete the test. After that, no extra time will be given to the candidates.
- In which mode, the ICAR AIEEA exam will be conducted?
The exam will be conducted in offline mode i.e. pen and paper-based mode. Candidates will be given OMR answer sheet to mark the answers along with the question booklet.
- If I do not attempt a question, will my marks be deducted?
If the question is left unanswered, no marks will be awarded or deducted in such case and there will be no negative marking for that question.