IBPS will soon be inviting the candidates IBPS RRB 2021 i.e. an exam for recruitment of officers and office assistant in the participating regional rural banks. Interested candidates can apply for the same by filling the online application form. The authority will most probably be releasing the form in the 2nd week of June 2021. Before heading to the application form, candidates should ensure that they fit the eligibility requirements laid down by IBPS.
The exam will be conducted in two phases- preliminary and main exam followed by the interview. A total of 45 minutes will be given to the candidates for completing pre-exam and 2 hours for the main exam. Questions will be asked in objective type format where candidates will be given four choices. Candidates have to select only one of the given choices as an answer. Marks will be deducted in case they have marked an incorrect answer.
IBPS RRB 2021
- Only online applications will be considered as a valid one. No printed form of application will be released by the authority.
- RRB will hold a pre-exam training (PET) for the candidates belonging to the reserved category. Applicants can get an idea of the exam with the help of the concerned PET.
- Candidates need to clear the minimum cutoff in each test of the exam to be considered for the next phase and finally the provisional allotment.
- For the post of office assistant, only the marks scored by the candidates in the main exam will be considered for final merit preparation.
- For officer scale-I, only the marks secured in the main exam will be taken into account for the interview and final merit preparation.
- For officer scale-II, marks secured in the single level examination will be considered for shortlisting for the interview and final merit listing.
IBPS RRB 2021 Important Dates
The expected schedule of IBPS RRB 2021 is mentioned below-
|Online registration||2nd week of June 2021|
|Last date for registration||1st week of July 2021|
|Admit card releasing for Pre-exam||July 2021|
|Preliminary exam date||2nd week of August 2021 to 1st week of September 2021|
|Result declaration||September 2021|
|Admit card downloading for Main exam||September 2021|
|Main exam date||Last week of September 2021 to 1st week of October 2021|
|Result announcement||October 2021|
|Interview call letter downloading||November 2021|
|Interview date||December 2021|
|Provisional allotment||January 2021|
IBPS RRB 2021 Eligibility criteria
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility requirements for appearing in the IBPS RRB 2021 examination. Here are the necessary conditions that they must satisfy-
A candidate must be either – a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal/ Bhutan or a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
|Officer scales||Age limit|
|III- Senior manager||21 years to 40 years|
|II-Manager||21 years to 32 years|
|I-Assistant manager||18 years to 30 years|
|Multipurpose||18 years to 28 years|
Note: Candidates from reserved category can claim relaxation in age as per the rules.
- Office assistant (multipurpose): Applicants should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. He/she must be proficient in the local language and knows how to operate a computer.
- Officer scale-I: A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required. Candidates must be proficient in the local language and should possess working knowledge of computer.
- Officer scale-II: Candidates must have completed graduation in any discipline with 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
- Officer scale –III: A bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks in any discipline from a recognized university is required.
Note: Preference will be given to the candidates having degree in agriculture, horticulture, forestry, animal husbandry, veterinary science, agricultural engineering, Pisciculture, agricultural marketing and cooperation, information technology, management, law, economics, and accountancy.
IBPS RRB 2021 Application form
The application form for IBPS RRB 2021 can only be filled online. Candidates need to visit the official website of IBPS to register themselves for the exam. They must possess a valid email id and phone number for registration. The form will ask for details such as- name, religion, date of birth, father’s name, educational qualification, bank details among others. Applicants need to fill these details very carefully. If at any stage, the information given by the candidates is found to be incorrect then such candidates will be disqualified from the exam.
Applicants also need to upload their scanned photograph and signature in the form. In case the candidates have filled multiple applications, then the one last received will be taken as a valid one. No fee will be refunded for previous applications. Candidates must submit the form on or before the due date specified by the authority to avoid rejection of application. It is compulsory for the candidates to pay the necessary application fee for the exam without which their applications will be rejected by the authority.
|Application fee||General category||SC/ST/PWD|
|Officer scale-I,II and III||Rs. 600/-||Rs. 100/-|
|Office assistant||Rs. 600/-||Rs. 100/- (Ex-serviceman included)|
Mode of payment: Applicants can pay the required amount of application fee through online mode i.e. using credit card, debit card, IMPS, mobile wallets, cash cards and net banking.
IBPS RRB 2021 Exam Pattern
Given below is the exam pattern of IBPS RRB 2021 examination-
- Exam mode: Computer-based test
- Duration: 45 minutes for pre-exam and 2 hours for main exam
- Marking scheme: Varies accordingly
- Negative marking:25 marks will be deducted as a penalty for marking incorrect answer.
- Language: Hindi and English
- Type of questions: Objective type
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Numerical ability/ Quantitative aptitude (scale-I)||40||40|
For officer scale-I
|Sections||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
IBPS RRB 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for RRB exam varies as per the scale an applicant has applied for. Here’s a quick look at the common subjects that the candidates must prepare to crack the exam-
- Reasoning: Puzzle, seating arrangement, direction sense, blood relations, analogy, classification, series, coding-decoding, etc.
- Quantitative ability: Number series, inequalities, simplification, profit and loss, average, problem on ages, time and work, boats and stream, simple interest, data interpretation, etc.
- General awareness: Banking terms, taglines, latest schemes adopted by government, current affairs, sports, awards, books and author, etc.
- English/Hindi language: Sentence completion, rearrangement, cloze-test, grammar, fill in the blanks, comprehension, idioms and phrases, jumbled paragraph, etc.
- Computer knowledge: Programming language, computer hardware, history and generation of computers, MS Office, DBMS, operating system, etc.
IBPS RRB 2021 Admit card
- The admit card for pre, main exam and interview shall be released on the official website of IBPS.
- No call letters will be sent to the candidates via post or any other means.
- Candidates must bring the printed copy of the call letter to the exam hall along with a valid ID proof.
- Those who are not found in possession of the same will not be allowed to take the test.
- The admit card should be preserved till the recruitment process is finished.
IBPS RRB 2021 Result and selection
- Candidates can check the result of IBPS RRB 2021 by visiting the official website of IBPS.
- The result for pre-exam, main exam and interview will be declared separately.
- The authority will prepare a merit list based on the performance of the candidates in the exam.
- Selection of the candidates will depend on the marks scored by them in the exam and fulfillment of the eligibility conditions.
- Applicants whose name appears in the list will be issued a provisional allotment letter by the RRB.