Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will soon be inviting the applications for common recruitment process for recruitment of probationary officers/ management trainees in participating organizations. Candidates can apply for IBPS PO 2023 by filling the online application form. The authority will most likely release the form in the 2nd week of August 2022. Applicants need to ensure their eligibility status before applying for the exam. The exam will be conducted in online mode and candidates will be given a total of 1 hour for pre-exam and 3 hours 30 minutes for completing the main exam. There will be a provision of negative marking for selecting incorrect answers.
IBPS PO 2023
- The examination will be conducted in two phases i.e. preliminary and main exam followed by the interview round.
- Reserved category candidates can opt for pre-exam training conducted by IBPS.
- The registration number and password must not be shared with anyone.
- Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of main examination and alsoa minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview
- Those who will qualify the preliminary examination will haveto appear for main examination
- Candidates shortlisted in main exam will subsequently be called for a common interviewround conducted by the participating organisations and co-ordinated by the Nodal Bank.
- The interview will carry a total of 100 marks.To clear the interview round, candidates need to scoreminimum40% marks (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained bythe candidates in the mainexamination and Interview.
Here are the banks that will be participating in IBPS PO recruitment process-
|Vijaya Bank||Punjab National Bank||Corporation Bank||Andhra Bank|
|Punjab and Sind Bank||Dena Bank||Bank of Baroda||Syndicate Bank|
|IDBI Bank||Bank of India||UCO Bank||Indian Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Union Bank of India||Indian Overseas Bank||Canara Bank|
|United Bank of India||Oriental Bank of Commerce||Central Bank of India||Allahabad Bank|
IBPS PO 2023 Important dates
Candidates can note down the tentative schedule of IBPS PO 2023 as mentioned below-
|Beginning of online registration||2nd week of August 2022|
|Last date to register||1st week of September 2022|
|Admit card releasing for Pre-exam||1st week of October 2022|
|Preliminary exam||2nd week of October 2022|
|Result announcement||Last week of October 2022|
|Admit card downloading for Main-exam||November 2022|
|Main exam||3rd week of November 2022|
|Result announcement||December 2022|
|Interview call letter downloading||January 2023|
|Interview date||February 2023|
|Allotment of provisional posting||April 2023|
IBPS PO 2023 Exam pattern
Given below is the exam pattern of IBPS PO 2023-
- Duration:1 hour for pre-exam and 3 hours 30 minutes for main exam
- Language:Hindi and English
- Type of questions:Objective type
- Negative marking:25 will be deducted as a penalty for marking incorrect answer.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Reasoning and computer aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data analysis and interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/economy and banking awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Essay and letter writing||2||25||30 minutes|
IBPS PO 2023 Syllabus
Candidates need to prepare the following topics to crack the exam with good marks-
- General awareness:Banking terms, economics, history, current affairs, national and international news, important person, awards, books and authors, etc.
- Reasoning and computer aptitude:Puzzles, alphabetical series, analogy and classification, blood relation, syllogism, direction sense, ranking, coding-decoding, programming languages, basics of MS office, computer architecture, keyboard shortcuts, etc.
- English:Comprehension, one-word substitution, sentence correction, cloze-test, sentence rearrangement, grammar, para-jumbles, etc.
- Quantitative aptitude:Data interpretation, profit and loss, simplification, average, mixture and allegation, trains, boat and stream, problem on ages, percentage, number series, etc.
Recommended books for IBPS PO preparation
Here are some noteworthy reference books for qualifying IBPS PO exam-
- GK: Lucent’s GK, Manorama year book.
- Computer aptitude by Lucent.
- English grammar by wren and martin, word power made easy by normanlewis.
- Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal, Objective mathematics by Arihant publication.
- Reasoning by RS Aggarwal and Arihant publication.
IBPS PO 2023 Application form
Candidates can apply for IBPS PO 2023 only via online mode. No printed applications will be treated as valid for submission. Before registering for the exam, candidates should keep their documents ready along with the scanned copy of signature, left-hand thumb impression and photograph. The form will ask for details such as- name, email id, phone number, address, gender, date of birth, educational qualification among others. These details must be entered carefully as no correction window will be given to the applicants past the form submission.
Candidates will be disqualified if the information given by them is found to be incorrect or misleading. It is compulsory for the applicants to pay the required sum in form of application fee. Incomplete applications or those received without the fee shall be rejected by the authority. Candidates should submit the form on or before the due date specified by the authority to avoid disappointment.
Applicants are required to pay Rs. 600/- as the application fee. Those belonging to the reserved category (SC/ST and PWD) needs to pay Rs. 100/- for the same. The fee can be paid through any of the mediums- credit card, cash card, wallets, debit card, and internet banking. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
IBPS PO Eligibility criteria 2023
Candidates must fulfil the eligibility conditions laid down by the IBPS for appearing in the IBPS PO 2023 examination-
Nationality:A candidate must either be a –
- Citizen of India or a subject of Nepal/ Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age limit:Minimum 20 years and Maximum 30 years as on 1st August 2023. Reserved category candidates can claim relaxation in age as per the rules.
Educational qualification:Candidates should have done graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- In order to download the admit card of IBPS PO exam, candidates need to visit the official web portal of IBPS.
- They must carry the printed copy of the hall ticket along with a valid ID proof to the exam hall.
- Those who do not possess the same will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- The details on the admit card should be checked thoroughly and inconsistencies should be reported immediately so that the mistake can be rectified on time.
Result and selection
- The result of IBPS PO 2023 will be displayed on the official website of IBPS i.e ibps.in.
- Those who clear the cut-off score decided by the authority will be eligible for appearing in the next phase of the exam.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted in the main examination for will subsequently be called for an Interview.
- The centre, address of the venue, time & date of Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter.
- Candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organizations, based on merit-cum-preference.