Harcourt Butler Technical University Kanpur (HBTU), formerly known as Harcourt Butler Technical Institute (HBTI), is one the premier engineering colleges of India. It was established in the year 1923 and got the status of a university in September 2016. The university offers many degree courses at UG, PG and Research level.
The university will not conduct its own entrance exam for the B.Tech admission, the Harcourt Butler Technical University Admission 2022 for B.Tech will be granted on the basis of JEE Main exam. For MCA course, the admission will granted on the basis of NIMCET exam. Candidates aspiring to get admission into HBTU 2022 can find all the necessary details regarding Harcourt Butler Technical University Admission eligibility criteria, important dates, application fee through this article.
Harcourt Butler Technical University Admission 2022 Important Dates
The exact schedule for HBTU admission 2022 is not yet released; interested candidates can check the expected schedule for the table given below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration for M.Tech and PhD Admission||1st week of June 2022|
|Starting of Online registration for B.Tech and MCA programme||3rd week of June 2022|
|Last date to submit HBTU 2021 M.Tech and Ph.D Application Form||4th week of June 2022|
|Last date to submit HBTI 2021 application form for B.Tech and MCA||Last week of June 2022|
|1st round of Counselling for B.Tech and MCA||1st week of July 2022|
|M.Tech admission on the basis of GATE 2021 exam||2nd week of July 2022|
|Written test for Ph.D and M.tech (Non Gate) aspirants||3rd week of July 2022|
Note: The exact schedule for Harcourt Butler Technical University Admission 2022 will be updated on the page when available.
HBTU Eligibility Criteria 2022
The Candidates who will fulfill the eligibility criteria will only be considered for the Harcourt Butler Technical University Admission 2022.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
The admission to HBTI B.Tech course will be based on JEE Main exam. So the candidate must fulfill the JEE Main eligibility criteria in order to get the admission to HBTU.
Apart from JEE Main eligibility Criteria, the HBTU has its own eligibility criteria as well, which candidates need to fulfill as given below:
- For the admission to B.Tech 1st year, the candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with at least 60% aggregate marks (55% marks for the candidates from reserved categories) in PCM subject
- In addition, the candidate must also have studied 5 subjects (including PCM and English) at 10+2 or equivalent standard.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA
- The candidate must have a B.Sc/ B.Sc (Hons)/ BCA/ BIT degree from a recognized university with Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects.
- Applicants having B.E or B.Tech degree are also eligible.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA (55% and 6.0 CGPA for candidate from SC/ST categories), in the qualifying exam.
- The applicant must have passed qualifying exam from any institute in UP or the parents of the candidate must have a domicile of UP.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech
- Candidates having a B.E/B.Tech or equivalent degree in a relevant branch will be considered for Harcourt Butler Admission 2022 to the M.Tech programme.
- The applicant must have passed qualifying exam with first division.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D
- The candidates must have a relevant M.Tech/M.E degree with at least 60% marks or a B.Tech degree with a minimum of 75% with 2 years professional experience.
- A relaxation of 5% marks will be given to the candidate from SC, ST, OBC and Physically Handicapped categories.
Harcourt Butler Technical University Application Form 2022
The application form for Harcourt Butler Technical University Admission 2022 will be released online through the official website i.e. http://www.hbtu.ac.in. A direct link to application form will also be posted on this page when available. Candidates have to provide all the necessary personal, educational and contact details in the online application form.
Candidates should make sure that only the authentic information must be entered in the application form. As the document will be verified during counselling and candidature will be cancelled in case of any false or fabricated information. After filling the application form, the candidates have to submit the prescribed application fee before the last date.
Note: There will be no requirement to send hard copy of application form to the HBTU. However, you can keep it for your future reference.
Harcourt Butler Technical University Application Fee
- The application or registration fee for Harcourt Butler Technical University Admission 2022 will be Rs. 2000/- for all courses.
- The application fee will be paid through online mode (Credit card, debit card or net banking) and there will be no relaxation for the reserved categories.
HBTU Admission Criteria 2022
The criteria for Harcourt Butler Technical University Admission 2022 for different courses are elaborated in the table below.
|Name of Course||Admission Criteria|
|B.Tech||On the basis of JEE Main exam followed by counselling|
|MCA||On the basis of NIMCET exam followed by counselling|
|M.Tech||Admission will be given through valid GATE score. However, the university may conduct written test or interview if seat remain vacant|
|Ph.D||Counselling / Written Test / Interview|
Note: The candidates with a valid UGC-NET /CSIR-NET score will be exempted from the written exam for Ph.D. Admission.
HBTU Counselling 2022
- The counseling for HBTU admissions 2022 will be conducted in online mode.
- Online Choice filling and locking will take place in the HBTU counselling 2022.
- After choice filling the result of Harcourt Butler Technical University Counselling will be declared on the official website.
- The allotment of seats for the Harcourt Butler Technical University Admission 2022 will be done purely on the basis of merit.
- Candidates have to get their document verified and pay the seat retention fee for confirming the HBTI admission.
- The Seat retention fee for different categories will be as follows:
|Name of course||Seat Retain Fee|
|B.Tech||Rs. 20,000/- (Rs. 12,000/- for SC/ST)|
|MCA||Rs. 20,000/- (Rs. 12,000/- for SC/ST)|