National Testing Agency (NTA) will be inviting the applications for GPAT 2023 through which candidates can enroll themselves in M. Pharma or its equivalent courses offered by the colleges in the country. Candidates need to fill the application form which will be released in the 1st week of November 2022.
It is important for the candidates to go through the eligibility criteria before heading to the application form. The exam will be conducted in online mode and candidates will get a total of 3 hours to finish the paper. There will be a provision of negative marking in the exam. Candidates can apply to different pharmacy colleges based on their GPAT scores.
- More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected
- Candidates must apply to the participating institutes separately as per the GPAT score obtained by them.
- Each participating institute will release their respective cut-off score which candidates should meet in order to get admission in that concerned institute.
- The application number and password must not be shared with anyone.
- NTA will also display the answer keys of the exam on its website to help the candidates estimating their score.
- Candidates who are not satisfied with the answer keys can challenge it by filling an application form and paying Rs. 1000/- per question.
GPAT 2023 Important dates
The expected schedule of GPAT 2023 examination is provided below-
|Releasing of online application form||1st week of November 2022|
|Last date of form submission||Last week of November 2022|
|Admit card releasing date||1st week of January 2023|
|GPAT exam||Last week of January 2023|
|Result declaration||2nd week of February 2023|
GPAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Given below is the exam pattern of GPAT entrance exam 2023-
- Duration:3 hours
- Mode: Computer based-mode
- Type of questions: Objective
- Total number of questions: 125 questions
- Language: English only
- Marking scheme:4 marks will be given for each correct answer
- Negative marking:1 mark will be deducted as a penalty for an incorrect answer.
GPAT Syllabus 2023
The syllabus of GPAT will vary according to the subject selected by the candidates. Here is the syllabus for some of the subjects-
- Physical chemistry: Electrochemistry, composition and physical states of matter, thermodynamics, colligative properties, refractive index, solutions, kinetics and ionic equilibrium.
- Pharmaceuticals chemistry: Isotopes, monographs, pharmaceutical impurities, and dentifrices, desensitizing agents and anticaries agents.
- Organic chemistry: Different classes of compounds, different aromatic classes of compounds, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, carbonyl chemistry, general principles, protection and deproctection of groups, aromaticty and chemistry of aromatic compounds, bridged rings, heterocyclic chemistry, kinetic and thermodynamic control, stereochemistry, carbohydrates, amino acids and proteins, and pericyclic reactions.
- Physical pharmacy: Viscosity and rheology, micromeritics and powder rheology, matter, properties of matter, surface and interfacial phenomena, dispersion systems, complexation, solubility, and buffer.
- Biochemistry:Carbohydrates, protein, cell, lipids, vitamins, biological oxidation and reduction, enzymes, nuclei acid.
Given below are some of notable reference books for cracking the GPAT exam-
- Pharmacology: Rang and Dale, K.D.Tripati, Goodman & Gilman
- GPAT- A Companion by N.N. Inamdar
- GPAT & GATE Pharmacy by G. Vidya Sagar
- GPAT by Mohd. Al
- The Pearson guide to the GPAT by Umang Shah
- Pharmaceutics: Lachman, Remington, Aulton, Ansel, Banker, Physical Pharmacy by Martin.
GPAT Application Form 2023
Candidates have to apply for GPAT 2023 “Online” only by accessing thewebsite www.ntagpat.nic.in.The application form other than online modewould not be accepted, in any case. Only one application is to be submittedby a candidate. The details in the application form must be entered correctly. In case the information given by the candidates is found to be misleading then the candidature of that candidate shall be cancelled to the immediate effect. Applicants also need to upload their scanned photograph and signature. The form must be submitted on or before the due date specified by the authority to avoid rejection of the application. Incomplete application or those received without the application fee shall be rejected by the authority. Applicants need not send the printed copy of the application form to the authority.
|General/NCL-OBC||Rs. 1400/-||Rs. 700/-|
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 700/-|
|Transgender||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 700/-|
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the application fee using credit card, debit card, net banking and E-Challan of SBI bank.
GPAT 2023 Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for appearing in GPAT 2023 exam is mentioned below-
- Age limit: There will be no age restrictions for appearing in the entrance exam.
- Educational qualification:Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or its equivalent from a recognised university. Those awaiting their result of the final year exam can also apply for the test.
- Note: Those who have done B. Tech in Pharmaceutical and fine chemical technology or its equivalent cannot apply for the GPAT entrance exam.
GPAT 2023 Admit card
- NTA will release the admit card of GPAT 2023 on its official website.
- Candidates need to take the printed copy of the admit card to the exam hall failing which they won’t be permitted to appear in the exam.
- The particulars in the admit card must be checked thoroughly. Any case of discrepancy must be reported to the authority immediately.
- Candidates also need to carry a valid govt. ID proof to the exam hall along with the admit card.
- The admit card should be kept safe till the admission process is over.
GPAT 2023 Result
- The result of GPAT 2023 will be declared in the 2nd week of February 2023 and will be accepted by around 800 participating pharmacy institutes.
- Candidates can check their result from the official website of NTA i.e ntagpat.nic.in.
- No scorecard shall be dispatched to the candidates via post or any other mean except the online one.
- There will be no provision of re-evaluation of scores once the result is declared.
- GPAT score will be valid for 3 years from the date of publishing of the result.
- Applicants need to apply separately to the institutes in which they seek admission. Every institute shall have its own cut-off score based on which candidates will be given admission.