GPAT 2022 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to M.Pharma and its equivalent courses offered by the colleges/universities in the country. GPAT score is considered by almost 800 participating institutes. Interested candidates can apply for these institutes separately based on the GPAT score obtained by them. To apply, they first need to fill the application form for the exam. NTA will likely release the application form in the 1st week of November 2021.
Applicants should make sure that they fit the eligibility condition laid down by the authority in order to appear for the GPAT exam. The exam will be conducted in online mode where the candidates will be allotted a computer system to mark the answers to the questions displayed on their computer screen. They will get a total of 3 hours to complete the test.
GPAT 2022 Highlights
- NTA will release the application form only via online mode. No other mode for filling the form shall be entertained by the authority.
- Multiple applications will be rejected by the authority. Hence, candidates should refrain from submitting more than one application form.
- Candidates need not send the application confirmation page or filled-in application form to the authority through post/by hand.
- After the commencement of the exam, the authority will publish the answer key on its website. Candidates who are not satisfied with the answer keys can challenge it by filling an application form and paying Rs. 1000/- per question.
- Based on the GPAT score secured by the candidates, each participating institute will release their respective cut-off that should be met by the candidates for admission in that concerned institute.
GPAT 2022 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of the GPAT examination is as follows-
|Online application form availability||1st week of November 2021|
|Last date to submit the form||Last week of November 2021|
|Hall ticket releasing||1st week of January 2022|
|Exam date||Last week of January 2022|
|Result declaration||2nd week of February 2022|
GPAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for GPAT examination is given below-
- Nationality: Candidate should be an Indian National.
- Age limit: No age restrictions applicable for GPAT examination.
- Educational qualification: Candidates should have completed bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or its equivalent from a recognized University. Those appearing in the final year of bachelor’s program whose result will be declared before the commencement of admission are also eligible to apply for GPAT.
- Note: Those who have done B.Tech in Pharmaceuticals and fine chemical technology or its equivalent cannot apply for GPAT exam.
GPAT 2022 Application Form
The application form for GPAT can only be filled via online mode. Candidates need to visit the official website of the NTA in order to apply for the exam. They should keep their documents and scanned images ready while filling the form. Applicants first need to register for the exam by providing their basic details such as mobile number, name and valid email id. Upon successful registration, candidates can proceed for the application form filling part. The details in the form shall include- personal details, educational information, and other relevant details. These details should be filled correctly as no correction window will be provided once the form is submitted successfully. Candidates should submit the form along with the application fee on or before the due date specified by the NTA to avoid rejection of the application.
|General/ Non-Creamy Layer OBC||Rs. 1400/-||Rs. 700/-|
|SC/ST/ PWD||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 700/-|
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the stated application fee through credit card, debit card, net banking and E-Challan.
GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Given below is the exam pattern of GPAT 2022-
- Medium of instructions: English only
- Duration: 3 hours
- Exam mode: CBT based
- Total number of questions: 125 questions
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for correct answer.
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
GPAT 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of the GPAT 2022 examination will strictly be based on the level of B.Pharma and equivalent degree. Here are some of the topics (subject-specific) to be prepared for GPAT-
- Physical chemistry: Composition and physical states of matter, thermodynamics, colligative properties, refractive index, solutions, electrochemistry, kinetics and ionic equilibrium.
- Physical pharmacy: Micromeritics and powder rheology, matter, properties of matter, surface and interfacial phenomena, viscosity and rheology, dispersion systems, complexation, solubility, and buffer.
- Organic chemistry: Different classes of compounds, general principles, protection and deproctection of groups, aromaticty and chemistry of aromatic compounds, different aromatic classes of compounds, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, carbonyl chemistry, bridged rings, heterocyclic chemistry, kinetic and thermodynamic control, stereochemistry, carbohydrates, amino acids and proteins, and pericyclic reactions.
- Pharmaceuticals chemistry: Isotopes, monographs, pharmaceutical impurities, and dentifrices, desensitizing agents and anticaries agents.
- Medicinal chemistry: Therapeutic classes of drugs, various classes of therapeutic agents, different classes of therapeutics drugs.
- Pharmaceutics: Pharmacy profession & introduction to pharmaceuticals, introduction to dosage form, sources of drug information, allopathic dosage form, crude extracts, allergen extracts, biologic products, pharmaceutical plant, location and layout, dosage form necessities and additives, powders, tablets, capsules, suspensions etc.
Preparation books to ace the GPAT exam
Here are some of the highly recommended books that can help the candidates in scoring good marks in the exam-
- Pharmacology: Rang & Dale, K.D.Tripati, Goodman & Gilman
- Biochemistry: Satyanarayan
- GPAT by Mohd. Al
- The Pearson guide to the GPAT by Umang Shah
- Pharmaceutics: Lachman, Remington, Aulton, Ansel, Banker, Physical Pharmacy by Martin.
- GPAT- A Companion by N.N. Inamdar
- GPAT & GATE Pharmacy by G. Vidya Sagar
- Pharma Analysis: Silverstein, Skoog’s, Dr.Ravi Shankar
- Pharmacognosy: Kokate, Trease & Evans
GPAT 2022 Admit card
- The admit card for GPAT exam can be downloaded from the website of the NTA by logging into it.
- Candidates should retain a printout copy of the hall ticket and keep it safe for future use.
- Entry to the exam hall shall be denied to the candidates who do not possess a valid hall ticket.
- Applicants also need to carry a valid govt. ID proof and passport-sized photograph along with the admit card on the day of the exam.
- Candidates should check the details printed on the admit card very carefully and report the discrepancies if any is found.
GPAT 2022 Result
- To access the result of the GPAT examination, candidates need to login into the official web portal of NTA i.e. ntagpat.nic.in.
- No score card will be dispatched to the candidates individually or otherwise.
- Candidates can download their score card from the official website only.
- There will be no provision for re-evaluation/re-checking of the scores. The authority will reject such requests.
- GPAT 2020 score will be valid for three years from the date of announcement of the result.
- Candidates can apply separately to each participating institute for admission through GPAT score secured by them.
- Selection in the M.Pharma or equivalent program will strictly be based on the GPAT cutoff score decided by the concerned institute/university.