DU B.Ed 2021: The Central Institute of Education is about to release the information brochure for the admissions in Delhi University for the graduate degree for Bachelor of Education. The registration for the DU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2021 will be online and the candidates can apply for different courses by submitting a single application form. There are four colleges in DU that will be offering these courses:
- Lady Irwin College (LIC)
- Maharshi Valmiki College of Education(MVCE)
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women (SPMC)
- Department of Education (Central Institute of Education – CIE)
>Only women candidates are allowed to apply to Lady Irwin College (LIC) and Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women (SPMC) .
> Lady Irwin College offers B.Ed programme only with Home Science as a teaching subject.
Department of Education (CIE) and MVCE are co-educational
DU B.ED 2021 Important Dates
|Online Registration||May to June 2021|
|Application fee payment||May to June 2021|
|Date of first admission list||July 2021|
|Counselling||July to August 2021|
DU B.Ed 2021 Eligibility Criteria for
Those who wish to appear for the Entrance Exam 2021, needs to fulfill certain eligibility criteria, depending on the course they are interested in. We have described the criteria in Section A and B. Candidates have to fulfill the both:
A. Minimum Qualifying Marks
Category-I: A minimum of 50% is required by the candidate in Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Science / Humanities/ Social Science / Commerce or any other equivalent qualification.
Category-II: Candidates having 55% marks in B.E/B.Tech and specialization in Mathematics and Science with 55% marks or its equivalent qualification.
B. Eligibility requirements for choosing Subject Category and Teaching Subject
- Candidates are required to select one subject category and only one subject (belongs to the subject category as mentioned in the table A below) which they must have studied either in Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree for minimum 200 marks and scored minimum 50% marks in the subject.
- The selection made by candidate will be considered final and will go for preparing merit list and allocation of institutions.
- The subject selected by the candidate from the given table will be the teaching subject throughout the B.Ed programme.
- Any request to make change in the subject category will not be entertained.
|A) Science||Biology, Chemistry, Integrated Science, Mathematics, Physics|
|B) Language||English, Hindi, Sanskrit|
|C) Social Science||Economics, Geography, History, Political Science, Social Science|
|D) Other Subjects||Commerce, Psychology, Sociology|
|E) Other Languages||Punjabi, Urdu|
|F) Home Science||Home Science|
DU B.Ed Application Form 2021
The DU will be releasing the application form for the B.Ed course in two different modes, i.e., direct and through entrance exam. This form will be made available on its official website du.ac.in. You will need to submit all the necessary details asked in the form. The expected time for the beginning of the registration process is around the second week of June 2021 and can last up to June end. The candidate also needs to submit registration fee is also that is non-refundable. The fee is around Rs 250/- for the SC, ST and PWD candidates and is Rs 500/- for the unreserved and OBC candidates. The important documents (in the form of scanned copy) that the candidate will need during filling the form are:
- Passport size photograph
- Applicant signature
- Identity proof such as PAN, Aadhar, Passport, Voter’s ID, College ID, with self-attestation
- Self-attested certificates of class 10th
- In case of reserved category, self-attested copy of Caste certificate
How to Apply for DU B.Ed Admission 2021?
Step 1: You need to read the B.Ed prospectus first which is available at http://doe.du.ac.in.
Step 2: You need to verify your eligibility as per the requirements given in the prospectus.
Step 3: You need to go to the Delhi University official website and visit the Post graduate admission Portal http://admission.du.ac.in/ and register yourself first.
Step 4: Fill up Du B.Ed application form available at DU PG admission portal.
Step 5: Follow the instructions as provided at DU PG admission portal link.
Step 6: Choose the Subject category and one teaching subject carefully.
Step 7: Choose the centre of examination carefully.
Step 8: After the payment is successful, you won’t be allowed to make any further changes.
Step 9: Once the payment is successful, obtain a printout of the duly filled application form and bring it on the day of admission at the allocated institution.
Step 10: If you committed any error in online form submission then you need to contact [email protected].
DU B.Ed Exam pattern 2021
The DU B.Ed exam 2021 will be conducted in offline mode, i.e., paper and pen mode. A total of 100 questions of 400 marks will be there, all of which will be multiple choice questions (MCQ). The question paper will be divided into 3 different sections namely:
- Reasoning/Aptitude/General Knowledge which will compose 80 marks
- School level subject topics being the major section of 240 marks
- Language proficiency in Hindi and English, each of 40 marks, making a total of 80 marks
The exam will be conducted over a duration of 2 hours. The merit list will be prepared based on candidates’ performance in the entrance test. There will be a negative marking rule- 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrectly attempted question.
DU B.Ed 2021 Admit Card
- The authority will publish DU B.Ed admit card at its official website only.
- The admit card will be available to download one week before the exam.
- The admit card won’t be sent through the post.
- It is compulsory to bring your admit card at the exam center on the day of exam.
DU B.Ed Answer Keys and Result of the Exam
The answer keys will be uploaded within 24 hours of the entrance exam, from where the candidates can check their solution. The results will be supposedly announced in the month of July. The candidates who want their OMR sheet can avail a copy within 7 days of result announcement at the rate of Rs 500/-.
- A merit list will be prepared based on candidates’ performance in the entrance test.
- They will be allocated to an institution based on their rank in the merit list.
- In case of a tie, the university will follow their guidelines.
DU B.Ed 2021 Admission Procedure
Candidates are offered admission into B.Ed programme based on their overall performance in the entrance exam. The exam pattern has been discussed above. Candidates should be careful while answering questions as there will be negative marking in the exam. Paying the prescribed fee is one of the major components of DU B.Ed admission process. Here are the tentative fee structure of different colleges:
- DOE (CIE): Rs.5110/-
- LIC: Rs.34985/-
- MVCE: Rs. 8310/-
- SPMC: Rs. 17135/-
Documents required at the time of Admission
- Date of birth proof: High School/Secondary School (class 10) Certificate
- Class 12th marks certificate
- Part- I, II and III marks statement of Graduation degree. In the case of a Master’s degree, similar documents need to be submitted.
- Provisional certificate or degree of the qualifying examination.
- Relevant certificate/documents if you are claiming for reservation and supernumerary seats.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended or from any gazetted officer (valid for six months from the date of issue).
- No Objection Certificate from the employer and a letter of sanction of study leave for a period of two years for candidates in service.
Please arrange the aforesaid documents in the serial order as mentioned above.
A brief framework of DU B.Ed curriculum
The B.Ed programme will comprise of theory courses as well as Practicum. The B.Ed curriculum has been prepared by following NCTE/UGC guidelines.
|Paper||Course Title||Maximum Marks|
|I||Education in Contemporary India||100|
|II||Human Development and Learning||100|
|III||Conceptual Foundations of Education||100|
|IV||Pedagogy 1 (any one of the subject categories)||100|
|V||Pedagogy-2 (Teaching of any one subject at school)||100|
|VI||Gender, School and Society||50|
|VII||Knowledge, Disciplines and School Subjects||50|
|Enhancement of Professional Capacity (EPC)
EPC 1: Art, Craft and Aesthetics, with special reference to any one of the four arts
EPC 2: Critical Understanding of ICTs in Education
|Field Observation (Practicum)||50|
|VIII||The Inclusive School||50|
|IX||Assessment for Learning||50|
|X||Elective Course (Any One)||100|
|Enhancement of Professional Capacity (EPC)
EPC 3: Understanding Communication EPC 4: Yoga
|School Experience Programme (S.E.P.) – Internship||300|