National Testing Agency (NTA) will soon be releasing the applications for admission in management programmes offered by the colleges in the country. Interested candidates need to apply for CMAT 2022 to be eligible for admission. The form will most likely be released in the 1st week of November 2021. CMAT is a three-hour of online test to evaluate the candidate’s ability in different areas such as- general awareness, quantitative ability, reasoning among others.
Before proceeding for the online form, candidates must go through the eligibility criteria laid down by the authority. Ineligible candidates won’t be allowed to take the test. There is a criterion of negative marking in case the candidates choose an incorrect answer.
- The application form other than online mode would not be accepted for submission, in any case.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. multiple application forms submitted will end up getting rejected by the NTA.
- To register for the exam, candidates must possess a valid email id and mobile number. NTA will communicate to the candidates through these mediums in the future.
- Based on the CMAT scores, candidates can apply for admission in management programmes offered by the AICTE approved colleges/universities.
- Once the exam is over, the authority will release the answer key on its website. Candidates, if not satisfied with the answer sheet, can raise an objection under the stipulated time.
- CMAT result will be accepted by all the participating universities. Candidates need to apply separately for admission in the participating universities.
- Each participating university will release its cutoff score. Based on the cutoff score decided by the universities, candidates need to appear for the selection procedure of the concerned university.
CMAT 2022 Important dates
The tentative schedule for CMAT 2022 is mentioned below-
|Starting date of registration||1st week of November 2021|
|Last date to register||Last week of November 2021|
|Admit card downloading||1st week of January 2022|
|Exam date||3rd week of January 2022|
|Result announcement||1st week of February 2022|
|Announcement of All India Merit List||3rd week of February 2022|
CMAT 20221 Eligibility criteria
- Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Age limit: There is no age restriction for appearing in CMAT examination.
- Educational qualification: For appearing in CMAT 2022 exam, candidates should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2022-2023 can also apply for CMAT online exam.
CMAT 2022 Application form
Candidates can apply for CMAT 2022 only through online mode. Here is the procedure to fill the application form-
- Register for the exam by visiting the official website of NTA i.e. nta.ac.in. Note down the unique system generated application number. Login into the website using the application number to fill the application form.
- Enter the following details in the online form- name, address, father’s name, gender, religion, category, educational details, and payment details among others. The details given by the applicants must not be false. In case the details are found to be incorrect, it will lead to the rejection of the candidature of the candidate.
- After filling the form, candidates need to upload the scanned copy of signature and photograph in JPG/JPEG format.
- Once the form is filled, candidates need to proceed towards the application fee payment. It is mandatory for the applicants to pay the necessary fee for the exam.
- Candidates need not send the hardcopy of the application form to the authority.
|Category||Male candidates||Female/ Transgender candidates|
|General/NCL-OBC||Rs. 1400/-||Rs. 700/-|
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 700/-|
Mode of payment: The payment of application fee can be done through credit card, debit card, net banking and E-Challan. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
CMAT 2022 Exam pattern
Given below is the exam pattern of CMAT-
- Exam duration: 3 hours
- Mode: Online
- Language: English
- Type of questions: Multiple choice-based
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- Negative marking: As a penalty for marking incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Quantitative techniques and data interpretation||25||100|
CMAT 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for CMAT 2022 is as provided below-
- Language comprehension: English grammar, usage of articles, sentence correction, sentence rearrangement, usage of noun, pronoun, verb, adverb, jumbled paragraphs, passages etc.
- Logical reasoning: Statement-conclusion, logical puzzle, numerical puzzle, Venn diagram, true/false statements, visual reasoning etc.
- General awareness: Current affairs, currency and capitals of the countries, states of India, international organizations, monetary and fiscal tools, business & economics G.K , national and international events, who’s who, constitutional of India, emblem, identification of personalities, companies among others.
- Quantitative techniques and DI: Ratio, mixtures, work, average, percentage, time & speed, profit and loss, interest, basic statistics, geometry, algebra, derivatives ( maxima-minima), table and pie chart, bar diagrams and graphs, number properties, probability, counting principles, charts etc.
Here are some of the notable reference books to ace the CMAT entrance examination-
- Quantitative ability and DI: RS Aggarwal, Ananta Ashisha, Kiran publication.
- Logical reasoning: Arun Sharma, Arihant publication.
- Language comprehension: Pearson’s guide to verbal ability, Book by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhaya, Book by Gautam puri.
- General awareness: Book by Disha experts, Lucent’s GK, Manorama year book.
CMAT 2022 Admit card
- Applicants can download their admit card from the website of NTA.
- No admit card shall be sent to the candidates through post or any other mode except the online one.
- Candidates need to bring the printed copy of the admit card to the exam hall along with a valid ID proof.
- Those who do not possess the hall ticket will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- Any discrepancy in the admit card must be addressed with the authority immediately so that it can be rectified on time.
- The result of CMAT 2022 will be published on the official website of NTA i.e. nic.in.
- Candidates can check their scores from the official web portal of National testing agency.
- The raw (actual) marks obtained by a candidate will be considered further for computation of the result of CMAT. No scorecard will be dispatched to the candidates individually or otherwise.
- Candidates cannot request for re-evaluation of marksheet once the result is announced.