Banda University of Agriculture and Technology (BUAT), is a state agricultural university situated at Banda, Uttar Pradesh. This university was established in the year 2010 and it has many constituent colleges. The university offers a large number of UG and PG courses mainly in the field of Agriculture, Horticulture and Forestry.
BUAT Admission 2022 will be provided on the basis of UPCATET 2022 exam. The candidate aspiring for BUAT Admission 2022 need to fill and submit the UPCATET application form which is expected to be released in the month of February 2022. The mode of application will be online. In this article, we have provided all the necessary details regarding BUAT Admission 2022 such as important dates, application form, eligibility criteria etc.
BUAT Admission Important Date 2022
The tentative schedule for BUAT Admission 2022 is given in table below.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of Online Application form (UPCATET)||3rd week of February 2022|
|Last date to submit application form||Last week of March 2022|
|Correction window||1st week of April 2022|
|Date of UPCATET entrance exam||3rd week of May 2022|
|Result of entrance exam||Last week of May 2022|
|Online Counselling registration for UG Course||1st week of June 2022 to 3rd week of June 2022|
|Counseling for UG courses||3rd week of June 2022 to 1st week of July 2022|
|Registration for PG Courses counseling||3rd week of June 2022|
|PG Courses Counseling||3rd week of June 2022 to 1st week of July 2022|
|Registration for PG Courses counseling||2nd week of July 2022 to 3rd week of July 2022|
Note: The Exact schedule will be updated on this post after the release of official notification.
BUAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
The Eligibility Criteria for BUAT Admission 2022 will be as follows:
- For UG Courses, the age of a candidate must be between 16 years to 22 years as on 31st December 2022.
- There is no upper age limit for PG Courses.
Note: A relaxation of 5 years will be given to the candidates from OBC, SC and St Categories.
- The candidate passing the qualifying example from Uttar Pradesh or living in Uttar Pradesh from last 5 years will be considered eligible for the BUAT Admission 2022.
- Indian Candidates whose father’s native place or place of residence is in Uttar Pradesh will also be eligible.
- Indian Candidates whose father is not a native of Uttar Pradesh but have obtained a residential address in Uttar Pradesh and living here from last five years can also apply.
- Wards of central or state government employee working in Uttar Pradesh will be considered eligible for BUAT Admission 2022.
- NRI Candidates whose ancestors were from Uttar Pradesh can also apply.
The Educational Qualification required for the admission to different courses is given in the table below:
|Name of Courses||Eligibility Criteria|
|M.Sc (Agriculture) (Agricultural Economics) (Agronomy)||Candidate must have any of the B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc. Ag. (Hons.)/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag degree in 10+2+4 system.|
|M.Sc (Agriculture) (Agricultural Extension and Comm. / Agricultural Extension Education/ Agri. Extension )||Must have any of the B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc. Ag. (Hons.)/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag. / B.Sc. (Hort.)/ B.Sc. (Forestry)/B.F.Sc in 10+2+4 system.|
|M.Sc (Agriculture) (Entomology)||Must possess any of the B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc. Ag. (Hons.)/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag. /B.Sc. (Hort.) /B.Sc. (Forestry) in 10+2+4 system.|
|M.Sc (Agriculture) (Genetics & plant breeding)||B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc. Ag. (Hons.)/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag. Degree in 10+2+4 system|
|M.Sc (Agriculture) (Plant Pathology)||B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc. Ag. (Hons.)/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag. /B.Sc.(Hort.)/ B.Sc.(Forestry) degree in 10+2+4 system|
|M.Sc (Agriculture) (Soil Conservation & Water Management)||B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc. Ag. (Hons.)/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag. /B.Sc.(Forestry) degree|
|B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry||Intermediate with Agri. Sci./PCB/PCM/PCMB
|M.Sc (Horticulture) (Fruit Science/ Floriculture and Landscaping/ Post Harvest Technology/ Vegetable Science)||B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc. Ag. (Hons.)/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag. / B.Sc. Hort. Degree in 10+2+4 system|
|M.Sc. (Forestry) (Silviculture & Agro-forestry/ Forest Biology & Tree Improvement)||B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc. Ag. (Hons.)/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag. / B.Sc. Hort. Degree 10+2+4 system|
BUAT Application Form 2022
Candidates looking for BUAT admission 2022 need to submit the application form through the official website of UPCATET i.e. www.upcatet.org. Please note that application form submitted by post or by any other offline method will be rejected. Candidates have to provide all the necessary educational and personal details in the application form.
In addition to the details, the candidates will also required to upload the scanned copy of recent colored passport size photograph with the name of candidates and date of birth mentioned on it. A copy of signature and left hand thumb impression (right hand thumb impression for female candidates) will also be required to be uploaded on the application form.
An application will not be considered complete unless the candidates pay the prescribed application fee. Twenty four hours after the submission of application fee, the applicant will be able to take the print out of application form. The candidates should take at least two printouts of duly filled application form for future requirement.
BUAT Application Fee 2022
The application fee for BUAT 2022 Admission will be submitted through the UPCATET website:
|UR and OBC categories||Rs. 1250/-||Additional Bank charges will also be applicable|
|SC and ST categories||Rs. 1050/-|
Mode of Payment
- The application fee For BUAT Admission 2022 will be paid through online payment gateway using a credit card, debit card or net banking.
BUAT Admission Procedure 2022
- BUAT Admission 2022 will be granted on the basis of UPCATET performance.
- The candidates who will be declared qualified in UPCATET will be called for counselling process.
- At the counselling process, the candidates have to fill and lock their choices of colleges in which they want to take admission.
- The allotment of seats for the BUAT Admission 2022 will be done as per the choice filled by the candidates, marks in UPCATET exam and the availability of seats.
- Candidates have to bring their original documents for verification at the time of admission then only their admission will be confirmed.
BUAT Admission 2022 will be granted after following the below mentioned horizontal and vertical reservation policy:
|Vertical Reservation (Main Categories)||Percentage of Reservation|
|Other Backward Classes||27%|
|Horizontal Reservation (Sub-Categories)||Percentage of Reservation|
|Children of Freedom Fighters (FF)||2%|
|Son and Daughter of Military personnel||1%|
|Son/Daughter/Husband/wife of employees Kanpur, Meerut, Faizabad and Banda Agricultural University (For UG Courses only)||10%|