The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) will conduct Bihar Polytechnic 2021 examination to select the candidates for admission in different diploma certificate programmes offered by the colleges in the state of Bihar. Candidates can apply for the exam by filling the online application form. They should ensure their eligibility status before filling the form. The form will likely be released in the 2nd week of March 2022 for admission in 1st year and 3rd week of March 2022 for lateral entry admission to 2nd year of diploma program.
The exam will be conducted in pen and paper-based mode where an OMR answer sheet will be provided to the candidates for marking the answers. Candidates will be given a total duration of 2 hours and 15 minutes to finish the test. There will be no provision for negative marking in case wrong answer is marked by the candidates.
Bihar Polytechnic 2022 Highlights
- The application form for DCECE will only be made available via online mode. No other mode except the online one shall be accepted for filling the form.
- Through Bihar polytechnic exam, candidates can enroll themselves into diploma programs in engineering, part-time 4 years polytechnic engineering, Para-medical dental (Matric level)and Para-medical (intermediate level) courses offered by the institutes in Bihar.
- Admission in the said courses will be given to the candidates belonging to Bihar or those whose parents are working for the government and posted in Bihar. Candidates whose parents are refugees and now live in Bihar can also apply.
- Only medically fit candidates will be considered for admission in diploma certificate courses.
- Candidates need not send the hardcopy of the complete application form to the authority.
- The date of birth of the candidate should match the one recorded in Matric (class 10th) exam or its equivalent examination.
- Candidates will be selected for exam strictly on the basis of their performance in the written exam.
Bihar Polytechnic 2022 Important dates
The tentative dates for Bihar Polytechnic 2022 exam are as follows-
|Events||For 1st year admission||For Lateral entry|
|Application form releasing date||2nd week of March 2022||3rd week of March 2022|
|Final date of form submission||1st week of April 2022||2nd week of June 2022|
|Application form correction||3rd week of April 2022||2nd week of June 2022|
|Hall ticket releasing||1st week of May 2022||3rd week of July 2022|
|Exam date||2nd week of May 2022||1st week of July 2022|
|Result announcement||Last week of June 2022||July 2021/August 2022|
Bihar Polytechnic 2022 Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for Bihar Polytechnic exam is provided below-
Nationality and domicile: Indian candidates who are domicile of Bihar apply for the exam.
|Polytechnic engineering (PE)||Candidates should have completed class 10th from a recognized board with minimum 35% marks in aggregate.|
|Para-medical (PM)||Applicants should have passed class 12th exam with Physics, English, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology and have scored at least 40% marks in aggregate.|
|Part-time Polytechnic engineering (PPE)||Candidates must have passed class 10th exam and their age should not be less than 19 years old as on 1st July 2020. An additional ITI experience of two years is also required.|
|Para-medical dental (PMD)||Applicants should have passed/appearing in class 10th exam with PCB and English subject group and their age should fall between 15 years and 30 years as on 31st December 2020.|
|Lateral entry||Candidates should have passed class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with any one of the science (with mathematics), science with vocational, science with technical subjects. Those who have done class 10th with 2 years of ITI experience can also apply.|
Bihar Polytechnic 2022 Application form
Candidates can apply for the entrance exam only through online mode. The application form will be released on the official website of the BCECEB. Before proceeding for the form, applicants should keep their relevant documents handy along with the scanned photograph and signature. To register for the exam, applicants need to provide their basic details such as name, contact number and email id. Once the registration is successful, they need to login into the portal to fill the application form.
The application form will bear the details such as personal information, educational information, and other relevant details. These details must be filled very carefully and any changes (if required) should be done before making the final submission. Candidates must pay the application fee for the exam failing which their applications will not be accepted by the authority. The photocopy of the filled-in application form should be kept safe for future reference.
For admission in 1st year:
|One program||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 480/-|
|Two program||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 530/-|
|Three program||Rs. 950/-||Rs. 630/-|
|Four program||Rs. 1150/-||Rs. 730/-|
For lateral entry to 2nd year: Candidates need to pay Rs. 2200/- as the application fee.
Mode of payment: There are two modes through which a candidate can pay the necessary application fee for the exam i.e. online and offline modes.
- Online mode: Payment of the fee can be done with the help of credit card, debit card, and net banking.
- Offline mode: Fee can be paid through NEFT Challan. Processing charges might be applied in addition to the stated fee.
Bihar Polytechnic 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates can go through the exam pattern to understand the structure of the exam-
- Exam mode: Offline (OMR based)
- Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Medium of instructions: English and Hindi only
- Marking scheme: 5 marks will be awarded for correct answer (for 1st year admission) and 4 marks will be given for correct answer (for lateral entry to 2nd year).
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total marks (for 1st year admission): 450 marks
- Total marks (lateral entry): 600 marks
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer (for lateral entry to 2nd year) and no negative marking for admission in 1st
Bihar Polytechnic 2022 Syllabus
For the courses where the qualification required is class 10th, candidates need to prepare the syllabus prescribed for class 10th i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. For PM course, candidates need to study numerical ability, general science, Hindi, English and general knowledge. For PMD course, PCMB subjects along with Hindi/English and GK is to be studied.
How to prepare for Bihar Polytechnic 2022?
Here are some useful preparation tips for the candidates to ace the entrance exam with good scores-
- Maintain a study schedule and follow it diligently. Avoid distractions such as mobile phone, social media etc.
- Use the mobile phone for learning purpose only i.e. watching lectures on YouTube, or reading a concept from an educational website.
- Clear the doubts with your friends and teachers if arises.
- Solve previous year papers to get an idea of the exam and the important topics from where most of the questions are asked.
- Start your preparation by building the basic concepts first and then only move to the complicated ones.
Recommended books for DCECE preparation
- NCERTs for class 10th and class 12th.
- General knowledge by Lucent
- Bihar Polytechnic combined entrance exam by Dr. Lal
- Book by Arihant publication.
- Previous year papers by Arihant publication.
Bihar Polytechnic 2022 Admit card
- The admit card for Bihar Polytechnic 2022 exam can be downloaded from the official website of the BCECEB.
- The authority will likely release the DCECE hall ticket a week or two prior to the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates should take the printout of the hall ticket and preserve it for future purpose.
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card to the exam hall or else the candidates won’t be allowed to appear in the written exam. A valid government ID proof is also required with the admit card.
- Damaged and torn admit card shall be rejected by the authority. The details printed on the admit card should be thoroughly checked.
Result and counselling
- Candidates can check the result of DCECE aka Bihar Polytechnic exam by visiting the official website of the board.
- A merit list will be drawn by the authority to shortlist the candidates for admission.
- The selected candidates will be called for the counselling session where they need to indicate their preference for course and college.
- Based on the merit rank, seat available and choice opted during the counselling, a seat will be awarded to the candidates.
- Candidates then need to report to the concerned college to complete the admission related formalities.