Banaras Hindu University (BHU) annually invites the applicants for admission in different undergraduate courses offered by it ranging from BA, B.Ed, B.Sc, B.Com, B.Voc, LLB, BA LLB, etc. Interested candidates can apply for BHU UET 2022 by filling the online application form. They must ensure their eligibility status before filling the application form. Ineligible candidates won’t be allowed to appear in the entrance test.
Separate test will be conducted for different courses. However, for admission in some course, there will be common tests conducted by BHU. The exam will be held in offline mode where the candidates will be given a question booklet and answer sheet to mark the answers. There will be a provision of negative marking. Hence, students should choose the answers carefully.
BHU UET 2022
- The application form for BHU UET shall only be released on the entrance test portal of the university. No offline or printed forms will be entertained by the authority.
- Candidates need not send the hardcopy of the filled-in application form to the authority. The online form must be submitted on time to avoid last-minute technical problems.
- The written test for courses BPA, BFA and B.P.Ed will be conducted at the centers decided by the University. However, the practical exam and physical test for these courses shall only be held at Varanasi campus only.
- Aadhar card number is mandatory for filling the application form.
- Blind candidates can request for writers who can write instead of them. They need to obtain “writer” permit from the university.
- Selection of the candidates will strictly be done on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by them in the entrance test.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo the counselling procedure where a seat will be allotted to them based on different parameters.
BHU UET 2022 Important dates
The tentative schedule of BHU UET 2022 examination is as follows-
|Application form availability||3rd week of January 2022|
|Last date to submit the form||3rd week of February 2022|
|Admit card releasing||March 2022|
|Exam date||April 2022/May 2022|
|Result declaration||2nd week of June 2022|
For BPA, BFA, the university will conduct practical examination and for B.P.Ed, a physical fitness test in its Varanasi campus only as per the following schedule-
|Physical fitness test for B.P.Ed||1st week of June 2022|
|Practical test for BPA||4th week of May 2022|
|Practical test for BFA||Last week of June 2022|
BHU UET 2022 Exam pattern
Candidates can note down the exam pattern of BHU UET 2022 for their reference-
- Exam mode: Pen and Paper-based
- Duration: Varies course-wise
- Language: Hindi or English
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: 3 marks will be given for each correct answer
- Negative marking: Deduction of 1 mark will be done for each incorrect answer
|Course||Duration||Maximum marks||Number of questions|
|BA Hons. Arts||120 minutes||450||150|
|BA Hons. Social sciences||120 minutes||450||150|
|Common test for B.Com Hons./ B.Com Hons. Financial markets management||150 minutes||450||150|
|B.Sc Hons. in Mathematics group||150 minutes||450||150|
|B.Sc Hons. in Biology group||150 minutes||450||150|
BHU UET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for different programmes varies accordingly. Here are the topics that the candidates need to study for the entrance exam. The exam will be based on 10+2 level education received by the students-
- BA Hons. Arts/ BA Hons. Social sciences: General awareness, general mental ability, human health, common diseases, population explosion, production of food & raw materials, solar system, climate & weather, natural resources of industry, history, political science, social studies, psychology and economics, Indian cultural heritage with special focus on major currents in Indian thoughts, literature and art etc.
- Common test for B.Com Hons./ B.Com Hons. in Financial markets management: Accountancy, economics, money and banking, basic mathematics, financial statement analysis, financial markets, business organization, business management , business environment, computer basics and current economic affairs.
- BSc Hons.: Physics, chemistry, mathematics/biology of class 11th and 12th respectively.
BHU UET 2022 Application form
Candidates can apply for BHU UET 2022 by filling the online application form for the same. The form can be filled by visiting the entrance test portal created by the University. Candidates need to keep their scanned copy of signature and photograph handy while filling the form. The form will include details such as- name, date of birth, father’s name, religion, gender, address, contact number, email id, educational information to name a few. These details should be filled correctly as per the knowledge of the candidates.
If at any stage, the information given by the applicants is found be misleading or incorrect, then such candidates will be disqualified from taking the exam in the future too. Candidates should go through their application form before making the final submission as no correction window shall be provided past the form submission. Incomplete application or application received without the specified application fee will end up getting rejected by the authority.
|All courses except Shastri Hons.||Rs. 250/-||Rs. 500/-|
|Shastri Hons.||Rs. 100/-||Rs. 200/-|
Mode of payment: Applicants can pay the fee through credit card, debit card, and E-Challan of HDFC bank. The fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
The eligibility criteria for admission in different UG courses offered through BHU UET exam are provided below-
Age limit: The age of the candidates should not be more than 22 years old as on 1st July 2021. Reserved category candidates can claim relaxation in age as per the rules of the government.
- BA (Hons.): Candidates should have passed class 12th or its equivalent exam with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- BCom (Hons.)/ B.Com (Hons.) in financial management: Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent Examination with Commerce/ Economics/ Maths/ Computer Sc./Finance/Financial Markets Management/Vocational courses (related to Commerce) as one of the subjects securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.
- BSc (Hons.): Applicants should have passed class 12th exam or its equivalent with science stream and have scored at least 50% aggregate marks.
- BEd and B.Ed special education: Candidates should have done bachelor’s or master’s degree program in any discipline from a recognized Indian university with minimum 50% aggregate marks. Those who have done engineering should have secured at least 55% aggregate marks.
- BALLB (Hons.):BA./ B.Sc./ B.Com./ Shastri securing minimum 50% marks in aggregate considering all the subjects in the three years except those subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final (degree) mark sheet OR any other degree under at least recognized by the BCI.
- The admit card for BHU UET 2022 can be downloaded from the official website of the University.
- In order to obtain the admit card for the exam, candidates need to enter their email id or registration number.
- An SMS alert will also be given to the candidates for downloading the admit card on time.
- They should keep a few printout copies of the admit card and retain it for future use.
- The admit card is a very important document and must be brought to the exam center.
- Without a valid admit card, no candidates will be allowed to take the test.
- Applicants should also bring a valid govt. id proof to the exam center along with the hall ticket.
- The University will most likely announce the result of UG entrance test in the 2nd week of June 2022 on its official web portal. Apart from that, candidates will also receive the intimation of the results through the email and SMS.
- Candidates will be provided with the marks scored by them in the exam, their merit rank and the merit within the category they belong to through their registered email address and mobile number.
- Selected candidates will be given call letter by the concerned dean of faculty/department stating their admission.
- Candidates will then need to attend the online counselling process indicating their preference for the course, location, seat type etc.
- A seat will be allotted to the candidates after the commencement of the counselling.
- Shortlisted candidates need to visit the University for Document Verification and complete the other admission related formalities.