AIIMS MBBS 2022 will be conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi for admission in MBBS course offered by it. Interested candidates need to apply for the entrance test by filling the online application form. The registration for the exam will most probably begin from the last week of November 2021. Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria to determine their eligibility status before heading for the application form. The exam will be held in online mode and candidates will get a total of 3 hours 30 minutes to finish the test.
AIIMS MBBS 2022
- To apply for AIIMS MBBS exam, candidates need to fill the online basic registration form.
- AIIMS MBBS registration corresponds to two-phase i.e. basic and final registration.
- The registration should be done on time to avoid last-minute inconvenience.
- The basic registration simply means that the candidates desiring admission in MBBS program offered by AIIMS can register for the exam 6 months in advance. All they need to provide for basic registration is some essential details and scanned images. For appearing in the exam, the basic registration of the candidates should be accepted by the institute.
- In final registration, candidates who have completed the basic registration need to complete their registration by providing the educational and other crucial details in the registration form. Final registration signifies that the information provided by the candidates has been successfully submitted and now they can appear in the exam.
AIIMS MBBS 2022 Important dates
The tentative schedule for AIIMS MBBS 2022 exam is given below-
|PAAR basic registration||Last week of November 2021|
|Last date to register for the exam||1st week of January 2022|
|Application correction window||2nd week of January 2022|
|Status of application||3rd week of January 2022|
|Generation of code for final registration||Last week of January 2022 to 3rd week of February 2022|
|Final registration||Up to 2nd week of March 2022|
|Admit card uploading||3rd week of May 2022|
|Exam date||4th week of May 2022|
|Result announcement||3rd week of June 2022|
|Commencement of counselling||July 2022|
|Beginning of classes||1st week of August 2022|
The exam pattern for AIIMS MBBS exam is provided below-
- Mode: Computer-based mode
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Language: Hindi and English
- Type of questions: Objective and Reason-Assertion type
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct response
- Negative marking: 1/3rd marks will be deducted for each incorrect response
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Aptitude and logical thinking||10||10|
AIIMS MBBS 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of AIIMS MBBS 2022 entrance exam is based on the curriculum specified for class 11th and 12th. Here are the topics a candidate needs to study to clear the exam-
- Physics: Kinematics, laws of motion, electrostatics, physical world and measurement, current electricity, magnetic effects of current, etc
- Chemistry: Solid State, structure of atom, solutions, basic concepts of chemistry, electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, states of matter, surface chemistry, etc
- Biology: Reproduction, structural organization, diversity in living world, genetics and evolution, cell structure and function, biology and human welfare, etc
- General knowledge: Current affairs, history, geography, books and authors, person in news, polity, science, environment etc.
- Aptitude and logical thinking: Analogy, classification, coding and decoding, direction sense, blood relation, clock concepts, odd one out series, Venn diagram etc.
Recommended books for preparation
Given below are the names of the notable reference books for AIIMS MBBS exam preparation-
- Physics: Concepts of physics by HC Verma, Pradeep’s physics, NCERTs.
- Biology: Pradeep’s biology, Truman’s objective biology, NCERTs.
- Chemistry: JD Lee Inorganic chemistry, OP Tandon, NCERTs.
Candidates can apply for AIIMS MBBS 2022 entrance exam six months in advance through PAAR process. The registration process comprises of two phases- basic registration, generation of code and final registration. In basic registration, candidates need to provide their basic details well in advance and also upload the scanned photograph and signatures. As soon as the basic registration is done, it will be examined by the authority. Only approved candidates can proceed for the next phase of registration i.e. final registration. After the approval of basic registration, candidates will be able to generate a unique code to unlock the final registration.
In final registration, candidates will be asked to provide their educational details and choice of exam city and so on. Applicants should provide correct details in the registration form since incorrect or misleading information can lead to the disqualification of the candidates. Applicants must pay a requisite amount of application fee for the exam failing which their applications will end up getting rejected by the authority.
|General and OBC-NCL candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
|PWBD candidates||Exempted from paying the fee|
Note: Candidates can make the payment of the stated application fee via credit card, debit card and net banking.
AIIMS MBBS 2022 Eligibility criteria
Candidates can go through the eligibility criteria laid down below to know if they can apply for the exam or not-
- Age limit: Candidates must be at least 17 years old as on 31st December 2022.
- Essential educational qualification: Candidates should have completed class 12th exam or its equivalent PCB subject group and English as a compulsory subject along with them. Those awaiting their result or are appearing in class 12th can also apply for the entrance test.
- Minimum marks required: Applicants should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PWBD candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- Note: The above-stated qualifications and criteria will remain the same for OCI and NRI candidates as well. Foreign applicants need to be nominated by government of India.
AIIMS MBBS Admit card 2022
- Candidates can obtain their hall ticket from the official web portal of AIIMS MBBS i.e. aiimsexams.org.
- They need to keep a printout copy of the admit card and retain it for further use.
- Applicants must carry the admit card to the exam hall along with a valid govt. id proof otherwise they won’t be allowed to appear in the entrance exam.
- Candidates should thoroughly check their details printed on their admit card and report the inconsistencies to the authority immediately so that they can be rectified on time.
- In case of non-availability of the admit card, candidates need to get in touch with the Assistant controller examinations with the particulars of the application form.
Result and counselling
- The result of AIIMS MBBS 2022 will be announced on the official website of AIIMS.
- The authority will display the percentile and scores obtained by the candidates on its web portal.
- Based on the performance of the candidates, a common merit list and category-wise merit list will be prepared by the authority.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo the counselling procedure where candidates’ original documents will be thoroughly verified and a seat will be allotted to them as per their merit rank.