All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi will soon be inviting the applications for admission in MBBS/BDS programs offered it. Candidates can apply for AIIMS 2023 by filling the application form. The registration for the exam will be done in two phases – basic and final registration. Before registering for the exam, they must ensure their eligibility status for appearing in the exam.
The exam will be conducted in computer-based mode where a computer system will be allotted to the candidates to mark the answers. The total duration of the exam will be 3 hours 30 minutes. Selection of the candidates will purely be done on the basis of marks secured in the entrance examination.
- The application form for AIIMS MBBS can only be filled online. No printed applications shall be released by the authority.
- Candidates must possess a valid email id and contact number in order to apply for the exam. The authority will use these mediums to communicate with the candidates in future.
- The basic registration implies that candidates can register for the exam six monthsin advance. It includes basic details of the candidates. Basic registration must be approved by the AIIMS then only candidates can register for the final registration part.
- The final registration implies the application form asking for the personal, educational details of the candidates. Submitting the final registration form signifies that the candidates can appear for the exam.
- Candidate’s selection in MBBS/BDS program will be subjected to the conditions such as- availability of seat, merit rank, eligibility criteria and so on.
AIIMS MBBS 2023 Important dates
The tentative schedule of AIIMS MBBS 2023 is as follows-
|Basic registration PAAR||Last week of November 2022|
|Last date to register for the exam||1st week of January 2023|
|Application correction window||2nd week of January 2023|
|Application status||3rd week of January 2023|
|Code generation for final registration||Last week of January 2023 to 3rd week of February 2023|
|Final registration date||Upto 2nd week of March 2023|
|Admit card publishing||3rd week of May 2023|
|Exam date||4th week of May 2023|
|Announcement of result||3rd week of June 2023|
|Beginning of counselling||July 2023|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of August 2023|
AIIMS 2023 Exam pattern
Given below is the exam pattern of AIIMS 2023 exam-
- Exam duration:3 hours 30 minutes
- Exam mode:Online
- Marking scheme:Every correct answer will fetch 1 mark
- Negative marking:1/3rd marks will be deducted as penalty for incorrect answer
- Type of questions:Objective and reason-assertion type
- Language of the paper:English and Hindi
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Aptitude and logical thinking||10||10|
Here are the key topics that the candidates must study in order to fetch good marks in the AIIMS 2023-
- Physics:Work, power and energy, current electricity, magnetic effects of current, kinematics, laws of motion, electrostatics, physical world and measurement, gravitation, etc.
- Chemistry:Solid State, structure of atom, solutions, organic chemistry, basic concepts of chemistry,electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, states of matter, surface chemistry, etc.
- Biology:Diversity in living world, genetics and evolution, reproduction, structural organization, cell structure and function, biology and human welfare,
- GK:Geography, history, current affairs, politics, person in news, environment etc.
- Aptitude and logical thinking:Puzzle, blood relations, seating arrangement, coding-decoding, direction sense, analogy, classification etc.
Preparation tips for the exam
Given below are some useful tips for the candidates that will help them in exam preparation-
- Always begin your preparation with the NCERTs. Once they are finished, then only go for other reference books.
- Solve online mock papers to know your strength and weakness. Practise these on a regular basis.
- Stay away from online games, mobile phone, movies, etc when you sit for studies.
- Always be consistent in your studies. Break the preparation into different part for easy management of time.
- Develop a habit of reading the newspaper to stay updated on the current affairs.
With the introduction of PAAR system, candidates can register for the AIIMS 2023 six months in advance. The basic registration implies the general details of the candidates such as name, gender, date of birth, father’s name, contact number, email id etc. On successfully registering, candidates will get a code which will be used for final registration. The final registration will ask for details such as personal, educational, payment, etc. These details must be filled correctly. If at any stage, the information given by the candidates is found to be incorrect or misleading then the candidature of that candidate shall be cancelled. Applicants also need to keep their scanned copy of photograph and signature handy. It is compulsory for the candidates to pay the necessary amount of application fee for the exam. Incomplete applications or those received without the fee will end up getting rejected by the authority.
|General and OBC-NCL candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
Note:The payment of the application fee can be made online using credit card, internet banking and debit card.
Applicants must fulfil these necessary eligibility conditions for appearing in the AIIMS 2023 exam-
- Age limit:The age of the candidates must be at least 17 years old as on 31st December 2023.
- Education qualification:Applicants should have passed class 12th exam or its equivalent with PCB subject group and English as compulsory subject. Candidates awaiting result can also apply for the exam.
- Minimum marks needed:Candidates should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWBD candidates) in the qualifying exam.
Note:Foreign candidates need to be nominated by government of India. The qualification will remain the same for OCI and NRI candidates.
- The admit card of AIIMS MBBS 2023 can be downloaded from the official website i.e. aiimsexams.org.
- Candidates must bring the printed copy of the admit card to the exam hall failing which they won’t be allowed to take the test.
- They also need to carry a valid id proof to the exam hall along with the admit card.
- The details printed on the hall ticket should be thoroughly checked and any discrepancy must be reported immediately.
- In case the applicants are not able to obtain the admit card, they need to contact the assistant controller examination.
AIIMS 2023 Result
- The authority will most likely publish the result in the 3rd week of June 2023 on its official web portal.
- The result will include the percentile and scores obtained by the candidates.
- Based onthe marks secured by the candidates in the exam, authority will draw a merit list to shortlist the candidates for admission.
- Selected candidates will be invited for counselling session where a seat will be allotted to them as per the following factors- availability of seat, merit rank, fulfilment of eligibility criteria, among others.