AFCAT 2022: Indian Air Force will soon be inviting the applications for admission in flying branch and ground duties/NCC special entry in it. Indian citizens can apply for this elite force as a gazetted officer by filling the online application for the common admission test (AFCAT 2022). Before going for the application form, candidates should ensure their eligibility status i.e. if they can apply for the test or not. The exam will be a computer-based test which will be held in 2 hours. There will be a penalty for marking incorrect answers. Candidates will be selected based on their performance in the test.
- To register for the exam, candidates must possess a valid email id and phone number.
- Only online applications will be considered valid by the authority. Candidates need not send the printout of the filled-in form to the authority.
- In case of multiple registrations, the application last received will be considered valid.
- Candidates must not share their registration number and password with anyone.
- Candidates applying for ground duty must appear for both AFCAT and EKT.
- Candidates can practice online AFCAT test available on the official website cdac.in.
- Applicants already in government service including serving in the Armed Forces, Government-owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment can apply only after obtaining permission from their concerned department.
AFCAT 2022 Important dates
The tentative schedule of AFCAT 2022 is as follows-
|Application form submission||1st week of December 2021||1st week of June 2022|
|Last date to submit the form||Last week of December 2021||Last week of June 2022|
|Admit card downloading||Last week of January 2022||August 2022|
|Exam date||3rd week of February 2022||August 2022|
|Result announcement||March 2022||October 2022|
|ASFB test||April 2022||November 2022|
AFCAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is mandatory for the candidates to ensure that they fulfill the conditions for appearing in the AFCAT 2022 exam. Here are those conditions-
Nationality: Only Indian citizens can apply for the exam.
- Flying branch and NCC special entry: Candidate must be over 20 years and less than 24 years as on 1st January 2021/1st July 2021. The age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 years.
- Ground duty: The age of the candidates should lie between 20 years and 26 years as on 1st January 2022/1st July 2022.
Marital status: Candidates who are below 25 years old must be unmarried at the time of beginning of the course. Windows/widowers and divorcees below 25 years cannot apply. Marriage at the time of training is strictly prohibited. Candidates who are married and above the age 25 years old can apply for the test but they will neither be provided accommodation not they can live out with their family during training period.
Physical and medical standards
- For flying branch, the minimum acceptable height for men and woman candidates is 162.5 cms.
- For ground duties, the minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cms and 152 cms for female candidates.
- Gorkhas and candidates from the hilly north-eastern regions, Garhwal and Kumaon should have the minimum acceptable height 5cms less than the average ones.
Flying branch: Applicants should have completed class 12th with minimum 60% marks each in Mathematics and Physics along with any of the following-
- Graduation (at least 3 years of program) with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
- E/B.Tech with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
- Passed section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
Ground duty (Technical branch): Candidates should have done B.E/B.Tech with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in the concerned discipline from a recognized university.
Ground duty (Non-Technical branch): A bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 60% marks is required.
NCC special entry: NCC Air wing senior division ‘C’ certificate acquired on or after 01 Jan 17 is mandatory. Applicants should have done graduation in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
ACAT 2022 Application form
IAF aspirants can apply for the AFCAT 2022 by filling the online application form. The form will be released on the official website of Indian Air Force. For online registration, candidates must provide their Aadhar card information. The form will ask for details such as – name, gender, date of birth, address, educational qualification, among others. The details provided by the candidates must be correct as per the official records. No changes will be allowed past the submission of form.
If at any stage the information given by the applicants is found to be misleading then such candidates will be disqualified from taking the exam. Applicants also need to upload their scanned copy of the photograph, thumb impression, and signature in the form. They must pay the required application fee without which their application will be rejected by the authority. The form must be submitted on or before the due date specified by the authority to avoid disappointment.
The examination fee to be paid for AFCAT entry is Rs. 250/-. The fee can be paid through online mode i.e. using credit card, debit card, E-Challan and net banking. No cash, cheque or DD will be considered valid. Candidates need not pay the application fee for NCC special entry and meteorology. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
AFCAT 2022 Exam pattern
Given below is the exam pattern of AFCAT 2022-
- Exam mode: Computer-based test
- Language: English
- Duration: 2 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: Every correct answer will fetch 3 marks
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted as a penalty for marking incorrect answer.
|Subjects||Total no. of questions||Total marks||Duration|
|Verbal ability in English, General awareness, numerical ability, reasoning and military aptitude test||
Engineering knowledge test (EKT)
|Subjects||Total questions||Total marks||Duration|
|Computer science, mechanical, electrical and electronics||50||150||45 minutes|
AFCAT 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for AFCAT test will be of graduation level. However, the numerical ability test will be based on the matriculation syllabus. Here’s what the candidates need to study to score better marks in the exam-
- English: Sentence correction, sentence rearrangement, cloze test, synonym, antonym, one-word substitution, idioms and phrases etc.
- General awareness: Current affairs, geography, economics, history, person in news, awards and books, political science etc.
- Numerical ability: Speed, distance and time, ratio and proportion, mixture and allegation, boats and stream, profit and loss, simplification, problem of ages, simple interest, average etc.
- Reasoning and military aptitude test: verbal skills and spatial ability.
- Candidates will be issued an E-admit card three weeks prior to the commencement of the test.
- They can download the same from the official website i.e. cdac.in.
- In case the candidates cannot download the admit card from the website, they can contact AFCAT Query Cell at C-DAC, Pune to get the problem resolved.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to carry the admit card and a valid ID proof to the exam venue.
- Failing which the applicants will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
Result and selection
- The result of AFCAT 2022 can be checked from the official web portal of AFCAT.
- To select the candidates for service, the authority will prepare a merit list based on the marks secured by them in the exam.
- Selected candidates will go through a series of tests at Air Force Selection Boards. These tests are-
- Phase-I: Officers intelligence rating test
- Phase-II: Psychology test
- Phase-III: This will be for flying branch where a computerized pilot selection system (CPSS) will be administered.
- The final list of selected candidates will be published on the official website after AFSB test.